Last two characters guessing game

The theme ninja is much more varied than a spy. A ninja could be futuristic or traditional, modern, supernatural. His play style could be about Arial Mobility, ground mobility, traps/debuffs and poison, stealth, teleports. The possible weapons are just as different too with chains and etc.

Orchid would literally have a working Johanna move set if she got a pistol and took away firecat. Orchid even already has a grenade too.

1 Like

Apologies I didn’t specify in my last post but meant to imply a traditional ninja. sorry

1 Like

Well, in theory, but I’d argue that it doesn’t have to be. A spy can have varied looks, styles, etc. You could have a cloak and dagger, old school wartime look. Or you could have a more traditional spy look with the trench coat, sunglasses, hat, etc. Or they could have the sleek, shadowy, cat burglar look. They can also have the “spy for the state” look with the full body suit. They can also have the futuristic sci-fi look. Of course, they can also have more the gentlemen look with the tuxedo.

I mean, saying there’s not much variation would be like saying Corvo from Dishonored, Larcen from Eternal Champions, Catwoman from the Arkham games, Solid Snake from MGS, Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark and James Bond would all look and play the same way.

Now, I’m not denying the fact that there could be some cross over. There certainly could be, especially when you get in to what types of weapons or gadgets they might use, just as you suggest with Orchid having a grenade Joanna would use. But it all depends on what directions you’d want to take a character in.

I could see a character looking like Larcen not having anything in terms of futuristic weaponry, whereas someone like Snake probably wouldn’t use stuff like grappling hooks. So in my mind, there’s plenty of room for variety in terms of move set (which has a huge mine of trope lore to dig in to), look, and story.

1 Like

And here is where you contradict your retort.

Orchid- fights with spring batons and turns into firecat.

Joanna Dark- gun-toting mech operative who used martial arts and cunning meticulous strategy and turns into nothing.

Care to try again?

I thought so

So? And they all are fighters as well.

Wtf

Interesting. I’ll be happy for thos ehwo want Eagle in the game. However I don’t think that is likley. It’d be interesting if he did though.

I’d also like to see the lovecraftian monster or a wendigo.

Hmm, this thread got me thinking, looking back on the teasers for previously released KI characters and the fact Kilgore kind of came out of nowhere, what if the last two characters turn out to be something that’s never even been mentioned here before?
(A challenge I know, lol.)

The reason I say this is things about certain characters that changed a lot between the release of the initial teaser trailer and the characters’ final release, two examples being Cinder’s classy English accent and Kan Ra actually being quite eloquent as opposed to a roaring mummy.

I’m not sure if this misdirection was intentional to change, improve and craft upon them in time for release, or just the natural process of how things change and evolve when still in the pre-release phase.

We could actually wind up with something that evolves from the ideas given on the forums rather than a character directly based on the tropes suggested, which to my mind only makes it feel even more hype!

1 Like

As long as it’s not a guest character or a shadow version of a character, I’ll be happy.

Great a hulking bug/ shark hovering glob with male arms and hands with a thick Australian accent
Lol

1 Like

This is still cool enough to turn out interesting, haha. Now I can’t help thinking KI needs a character with an Australian accent.

2 Likes

Somewhere else in the forum, I’m sure I read how PD is a long dead game that no one played or weren’t even born when it came out and therefore was an unreliable source for a guest character, but was battletoads not an older game than PD?

All this talk of Joanna’s similarity to Orchid as a hindrance is so shortsighted. She’s a spy! She’s a girl! SHE’S GOT HAIR! SHE BREATHES AIR!!!

Why can’t the (less sarcastic) similarities be a challenge for IG to really show how much she DIFFERS from Orchid?

*She shoots guns
*She’s British (at least in the original)
*She uses gadgets
*She’s got alien friends
*Her costume is usually a racing biker type body glove
*She’s actually succeeded in taking down the evil corporation (I know Orchid, UT just refuse to flush)
The list goes on.

Everyone seems to think that she’ll be a carbon copy of the Joanna Dark we (those that played PD back in the day) all remember from the game/s, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
Again, this is where IG can turn heads by making her their own.

3 Likes

Finally someone with common sense. I was getting worried about the state of the community here lol

Lol “BUT SHE’s A SPY! DERP!”

I think my problem with Joanna is that she’s not very interesting.

I was a huge fan of the N64 game because it was basically a carbon copy of Goldeneye, I purchased it again on the Xbox LIVE marketplace on the 360 because it was a terrific game but honestly is Jo really a good character? She’s pretty generic, she doesn’t have a ton of personality and she was only in one decent game that by today’s standards is just a cult classic. There was that one terrible sequel on the 360 that bombed but aside from that which nobody talks about… she’s not all that great.

Rash is from an even older series but at least Battletoads was a phenomenon that spanned across multiple platforms and had dozens of ports, sequels and crossovers that were all for the most part successful. I just get the feeling that Jo is only being suggested because of nostalgia and because her only good game was part of Rare’s legacy. We all remember how great that game was but Jo wasn’t really a good character. She could have been anyone, Perfect Dark was a good game and it wasn’t because of the person you played as.

Long story short Jo is boring. I don’t care for her one bit. I’d rather see a dozen other guests then her because there is pretty much zero hype there. Now if there was a new PD game coming out that looked fantastic and they were adding in a character from that game I’d be more receptive but as it is, Jo is from a dead franchise and brings very little to the table for me, personally.

3 Likes

Yet boring is the top choice: Shorchid was top voted for in the polls but Joanna is boring?

I really don’t get how contradictive people can be here. Not saying you are @xCrimsonLegendx, I don’t know who you voted for in the poll, I just find it weird how so many people want an Orchid clone yet think that Jo is too much like Orchid.

I say put the two together and make Shorchid out of Jo, I feel it’s the only way to lessen the damage or disappointment to both parties.

I think the last two characters are Scorpion and Pikachu. Yes, it’s all coming together now.

6 Likes

Oh goodie… Two of the biggest fighting cliche on ki? Honest and true? I can’t wait. Pukypoo, uhh pubicdoo, uhh pinchipuke, what ever your name is “get over here”

First of all no, just no
Second of all Microsoft don’t own either ip
And third of all, no, no, nooooooooo

Alot of the people that are against JD are also against shadow Orchid. All 3 of the current guests had their own franchise game released when they came out. Rash was released for a week between S2 and S3 when Rare Replay was released. Arbiter was part of the Halo 5 hype, and Raam was released with Gears 4 hype in mind.

I still think that the only reason JD got so many votes was due to people hating the idea of Eyedol. The other reason being that JD, Eagle, and Eyedol were the only names people knew.

What was there to hate about Eyedol? I mean apart from when he actually released day one with that jumping HP BS. :laughing:

Don’t forget that most of these options in the poll were from popular suggestions made here on the forums.

Fair enough, I had thought they wanted Shorchid but hated the idea of JD being in the game.

I hate the idea of Shadow Orchid, honestly Jo should be a costume for Orchid and we can put all this behind us.

1 Like

Can they put TJ in a shark outfit so we can all put that idea behind us too?

5 Likes