3 new characters?! First up: Kilgore!

It’s kind of a race. If you earn the bench mark before the added dossiers push the bench mark back, you won’t lose the prize. So for example you reach the 95 percent mark and unlock gold gargos, then an update comes with a crap ton more stuff, you should still have the gold skin even though your now sitting at 90 percent.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to redo Eyedol’s story, there’s on dossier I didn’t get for him somehow. :\

So Keits made a post in another thread that has my brain conspiring

He says “these characters” when talking about creating/dealing with clones (or Remixes, as he put it. I like that)
Now he could have been using these as a combination of Kilgore and Shago. But my tin foil hat says that Sailor Moon is actually set in the Doom universe, and also that this might be a hint at what we may be seeing with the other two characters.

3 Likes

Exactly, I’ve been debating with some people on the forums about the other two characters. I’ve been calling them remixes too, I don’t think anyone should expect fully featured original designs for these. Expect remixes like those from the survey.

I’m thinking Shorchid/Nightshade is a pretty big candidate, from an objective point of view. There’s been talk of another “shadow character” for a while, and I remember Isgreen saying that if they did another Sharacter it’d be one of the women. The survey results made this inclusion a pretty clear possibility.
From a subjective standpoint, [sigh]

Though I don’t think many of use saw Kilgore coming, apart from the leak. At least, they didn’t expect him to be here as soon as he is. They might just continue to hit us from left field for these next few characters. Maybe we’ll finally get that wendigo, survey be damned!

I just want the rushdown glacius and to have him function like KI 1 Glacius.

1 Like

The difference is that Cinder was made without Glacius’ consent. In the novella, Aria said Eagle was the perfect mix of strength, intelligence, and strategy. Maybe, since the situation is drastic, Eagle could be recognized as worthy, or maybe they could pull a “prophetic warrior” thing and Eagle could be part of some prophecy for Glacius’ race.

1 Like

I think the probability is nearly 99% the other two slots will be remixes.

Looking forward to “soon” whennwe can get more details.

My thought was that when they made these characters they create a new option for styles on the characters. It is an interesting choice that they would create completely separate characters.

bold move cotton let’s see if it pays off!

1 Like

When I unlocked SL Kilgore I straight swapped out Fulgore for him, and you know what? He’s fun as hell. Really throws a lot of Fulgore’s more shoto-y strategies for a loop. Not sure how viable he is in ranked, but at least in Single player I don’t regret adding him to the team at all.

Yup. Omen, Shago, Wackbot. All Remix characters.

6 Likes

I have this gut feeling that the last character will be 100% new.

“Pepper needs new shorts” lol love that movie.

1 Like

-gasp- Another pet name for Kilgore! Thank you Keits-sama!

ALSO, it would appear that Remix only applies to the characters in game… Thus far. I’ll wait and see about the future, but thanks for the reply!

Yeah, same here.

Is it confirmed that glacius took his body? If I remember correctly, @TempusChaoti said something like what did glacius take? His brain? A clone? Since that survey, I’ve been saying on the forums that kelvin aka rushdown glacius probably is eagle because of the novella. I’ll try to find the post.

Its true, he did say that. I think it was just a little bit of misdirection but yeah we don’t know what was taken exactly.

1 Like

Found it:

1 Like

IMO Eagle will not be a pure cybernetic character and will have some Nez Perce heritage. Why? Well…

Seriously, this screams Nez Perce warrior. Maybe Eagle is the Magic Archer? Who knows!

6 Likes

So I guess if they are comfortable having two characters with the exact same theme in Thunder and Eagle… Then its not to much to ask for the actual KI2 vampire despite us already having Mira.

1 Like