3 new characters?! First up: Kilgore!

That’s not what I said.

The VFX on Tusk’s sword change as he fights, it lights up. However this is purely cosmetic.

Just gonna leave this here…

I think this song perfectly sums up the comic:

2 Likes

I’d hardly call Kilgore uninspired, lazy or goofy.

He was inspired by the lore from the story mode, his model has been updated, retextured and animated with a badass twitchy aesthetic and I don’t see anything about him that’s goofy.

Granted I’d rather see completely new content but Kilgore is pretty cool if you ask me, better than Shadow Orchid by leaps and bounds.

3 Likes

I feel kilgore to be in the same ballpark of shadow orchid. It’s uninspired and lazy cuz half of it already existed (more than half probably) and goofy… well… it has gatling guns for arms… if that’s not goofy I don’t know what is…

Gatling gun arms are no more goofy than a dinosaur with a extendable robot tail and a cyborg with a ponytail. Fulgore’s original design in KI1 & 2 had his head turn into a machine gun turret. “Goofy” is at the heart of what makes KI so charming.

I get where you’re coming from, its not the top quality stuff you would expect but for a clone character it works. It looks good, it seems like it will play good and it fits the lore. I’d rather have reworks like Kilgore or a TJ combo shark than no content at all.

I still say its better than the shart that is Shadow Orchid.

7 Likes

So is Shago uninspired and lazy too? And we already have Rash among other things so it’s a little late to be complaining about something being goofy in this game.

1 Like

I can respect his opinion, it is a little silly and I would greatly prefer original content over remakes and rehashes but I’m just glad we’re getting new content post season at all. If this stuff does well they’ll do even more content, better content.

It’s more content after 3+ years. At least it’s not just a re skinned fulgore.

It has chain guns! Chain guns people!! 3 more characters to the roster. I hope the character with new music is Eagle or the magical archer.

Tho I’m feeling that there will be no more stages if we go forward. I hope the re skin existing stages for mira onwards.

As for shadow orchid I’m sure she’s next. I hope she’s a radical departure from our beloved crazy merc

1 Like

I’m not hating on the game… I love KI but lately it’s feeling a little stale. The thing is that I’m not looking forward for this game to grow bigger, it already is full of inconsistencies and I feel that adding new stuff will just make it feel messier. I really really want a proper sequel that addresses all the flaws of the first one… but the fact that there are 3 more characters coming probably means that the sequel is not coming as soon as I thought… if it’s coming at all.

I feel the opposite.

The new flow of post-season content is keeping the game from getting stale to me.

To each their own, sure they game has inconsistencies and could use some polish but I love it and I want to see it grow as much as it can before they stop development.

3 Likes

Frankly I thought it was just going to be a Fulgore costume, this was a pleasant surprise.

2 Likes

dunno… Maybe is the fact that so many new fighting games are comin out and all of theme are extremely polished… It makes me wanna see an AAA super polished version of KI just cuz I know that KI is better in so many ways.

Character variety, overall fun factor, sound and music, and most of all NETCODE.

BUT, it laks refinement and overall presentation… and I hate it… it’s the only thing that holds KI back:(

Out of all those traits you listed, graphics is the least important in my book.

Yeah it would be nice to have polish but that’s something they can do to this game over time, there’s really no immediate need to completely remake the game and who’s to say if they did that the game would suddenly be AAA quality? The folks at IG know what they know, they put mechanics and gameplay over graphics, maybe the sequel wouldn’t look as refined as you think?

2 Likes

Yeah the graphics/animations are outdated but everything else is going for it.

Then again, who really picked up KI because those graphics? Honestly. Animations sure, but graphics?

@xCrimsonLegendx Goofy is Jagos hair, but who still mentions that? I think one person hasnt gotten used to his hair.

Idk, the argument of the seriousness in KI was always somewhat ironic to me. Whether these claims fabricated because KI “used” to be like that or Season 1 took that approach, slightly but not really - just seems odd.

2 Likes

At least with Kilgore the recycled animations make sense, unlike Omen where he’s blatantly stealing animations for no canon reason. Omen is more lazily designed than Kilgore. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Even then he has Demonic Despair, one of the more animated specials in the game.

2 Likes

If there was only one thing in this game that I could overhaul, it would be Omen though. Redesign him, give him everything he needs and then some. But yeah I do love that move.

It never really struck me as out of left field for Omen to have moves related to Jago/Shadow Jago considering his origin and how tied to them he is. But I agree that with Shadow Jago playable that does hinder his uniqueness a bit.

Yeeaaaah, fair enough. I never much approached him like a real character though, since he was never marketed that way as much as he was and is a “bonus” character.

Now, if the team had time and resources to rework someone, totally, Omen should be prioritized. His design could be tuned slightly with better accessories. I’d also replace his flurry kick entirely… I mean a kick that shoots projectiles, lol.

But, they still see him as that “bonus” character. Who knows though, IG just announced three additional characters, anything can happen.

1 Like

I don’t mind him having him normals and stuff from Jago/Shago because that makes sense but he shouldn’t have Orchid and Sabrewulf animations. xP