X019 predictions?

Because I’m a glutton for punishment and love to expect the unexpected when, let’s face it, we can pretty much safely predict what we’ll see, I’m curious if anyone has any thoughts on what we might see next week at this year’s X0 event for MS.

I believe it’s being held this upcoming Thursday, November 14th through Saturday, November 16th in London. Last year, no journalists were flown out to the event, held in Mexico City, and at that event, we saw:

-MS is buying Obsidian and InXile
-Crackdown 3’s release date of 2/15 revealed
-Original Crackdown is out and free on XBOne
-Void ■■■■■■■■ announced
-New trailers for Devil May Cry 5, Jump Force, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s Forge DLC
-PUBG heading to Game Pass announcement
-Fortune Island expansion announced for Forza Horizon 4
-Price drop for One S and One X for the holidays
-Free content pack for State of Decay 2
-Sea of Thieves PvP mode announced
-Cats and Pandas for Minecraft
-Several Final Fantasy games were coming to XBOne: FF XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, FF XV Pocket Edition, World of FF Maxima, FF VII original (not the new one coming to PS4), FF IX, FF X & X2 Remaster, FF XII.

TL/DR: So given everything that was announced at X018, what do you think we’ll see at X019?

-Scarlett info?
-New studio acquisitions?
-Halo news?
-Gears DLC news? Other Gears game news?
-Outer Worlds DLC news?
-New Ori trailer?
-Game announcements from Team Ninja, Compulsion, Double Fine, inXile, Rare, Turn 10, etc?
-Will we see what The Initiative is working on?
-More backward compatible 360 or OG Xbox games?
-Previews of other games like DBZ Kakarot, Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, Gods & Monsters, Watchdogs, etc?

Any predictions?

Not really a huge note, but unlike last year, MS is supposedly flying journalists out to London for this event. I’m not sure if that means something bigger will happen or not, but if they had all that stuff at last years event, is it possible that this years might top it somehow?

2 Likes

I don’t know what we’ll see and I don’t wanna get my hopes up, but all I want is Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct.

1 Like

What I’m hoping will happen is just some stuff on Killer Instinct.

3 Likes

For me here:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Doom Eternal
Little Nightmares 2
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Dark Deception
Mortal Kombat 11
Bayonetta 3
Killer Instinct

Bayonetta 3 is a Switch exclusive. I doubt they’d show it off here.

Yet still NO new info and updates on the development of Bayonetta 3 at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d expect something on Project Scarlet for sure, as well as Halo: Infinity and Halo: Master Chief Collection for PC.

Perhaps a DLC announcement for Gears 5.

I don’t expect any third party stuff unless it’s an exclusive to Microsoft. They’ve also said they’re done adding backwards compatible titles.

I’d like to see something for the Killer Instinct franchise, but doubt that will occur.

2 Likes

Why would they show off a Switch Exclusive at an Xbox Event?

They wouldn’t.

1 Like

I was talking about the game ITSELF :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They confirmed they’ll have 12 first-party games during the Inside Xbox, and some of them will be new reveals, so anything is possible there. Plus new Game Pass additions and xCloud news.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had more to say or show about Scarlett, but the opposite wouldn’t surprise me either. I can wait a bit longer on hardware news but I really want to see a Killer Instinct sequel confirmation, a Fable reboot announcement, or a mascot revival.

2 Likes

Keeping expectations low so clearly we’re getting:

NEW Killer Instinct
Half Life 3 exclusive to Scarlett
NEW Robocop vs The Terminator open world game with choice of several different characters

Prob some other stuff too but no one cares about that.

3 Likes

According to IGN’s Xbox podcast, they’ve already confirmed that there will be 24 playable games:

-Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (which is why Adam Isgreen is going, so guessing no KI :no_mouth:)
-Battletoads
-Bleeding Edge (that 4v4 arena melee game from Ninja Theory)
-Cyber Shadow (8 bit ID@Xbox multiplat side-scroller Mega Man-vania game from Yacht Club)
-Doom Eternal
-Dragonball Z Kakarot
-Forager (an 8 bit top down Zelda-like that’s an ID@Xbox game but still multiplatform, from Hopfrog)
-Forza Horizon 4 Lego Add-on (even though it’s already out…)
-Gears 5
-Halo: Master Chief Collection (assuming it’s PC related?)
-Haven (Indie stylish co-op adventure RPG originally released on multiplat from The Game Bakers)
-Levelhead (8 bit ID@Xbox platformer)
-Microsoft Flight Simulator
-Minecraft Dungeons
-Phogs (physics based two sided dog/snake thing puzzle adventure multiplat indie from Bit Loom)
-Project Resistance (the new multiplatform Resident Evil side game)
-Roller Champions (multiplatform free to play roller derby game from Ubisoft)
-She Dreams Elsewhere (multiplat 8 bit JRPG takes place inside woman’s head from Studio Zevere)
-SkateBird (skateboarding bird game from Glass Bottom Games, also on Steam, Windows & Linux)
-Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (which is releasing this Friday)
-Streets of Rage 4
-The Good Life (a life sim RPG about cats and dogs from SWERY)
-Tunic (cute top down Zelda inspired gamefrom Finji coming to Xbox, Windows and Mac)
-Wasteland 3 (inXile’s upcoming Fig funded multiplat squad-based RPG with turn-based combat)

So yeah… That’s what’s currently announced as playable, though I’m sure where will be more stuff, and they’re promising surprises and what not.

Of that list, I’m probably most interested in Haven, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Streets of Rage 4, Tunic and Wasteland 3. Seems like a lot of smaller indie games for the most part, with a few larger titles mixed in, though I’m amazed at how many of them have already released or are coming very soon.

So yeah, I think that any hype generated from this event will likely come from any announcements they might make, as I believe they have at last a few new games to announce, and I’ll be curious to see if they’re going to show some more of what their studios are working on (outside of inXile, which we already know).

Seeing that list does bring me down to Earth a bit though. With 2019 coming to a close, I’m kinda doubting we’ll see anything big like Turn 10 announcing new Fable. If they even talk about Scarlett, I’ll honestly be surprised at this point. This event kinda gives me a vibe of them closing the book on XBox One, but we’ll see.

They have less then a year till Scarlet launches. They gotta show the thing off and announce its launch lineup.

True. I’m sure we’ll get a lot more at E3. Apparently Rare will be revealing a new game tomorrow, so that’s exciting, at least. But yeah, X019 right now seems like more along the lines of closing the door on the last generation than opening the door to the next one. It’s fine, albeit a bit disappointing. We’ll see though. Maybe the Rare game will be something to care about. Maybe they’ll announce some exciting new acquisitions. Who knows.

1 Like

I just want Banjo-Kazooie. And Killer Instinct too. But mostly Banjo-Kazooie.

3 Likes

The new IP from Obsidian is something to pay attention to as well. I finished Outer Worlds last weekend and that itself is absolutely going to be a strong frontline series for Xbox in the future.

2 Likes

Are they announcing something new, or are you referring to Outer Worlds as the new IP to pay attention to? I’ve heard awesome things about Outer Worlds and might check it out. I’m terrible at first person games, so I usually avoid them, but this one I might have to make an exception for since I’ve heard so many great things.

1 Like

Reports are saying it’s a new IP being announced today, not an existing one like Outer Worlds or Pillars of Eternity. Same with Rare.

Outer Worlds is pretty much a spiritual revival of classic Fallout and New Vegas in a new corporate-ruled, sci-fi western setting. And consequently it leans much more into its chops as an RPG than as a shooter. Obsidian owns the IP and said long ago that they want it to be a series, and it’s been doing well in all respects since its release so I believe it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a flagship franchise for Xbox. Personally, after beating the game I’m excited for whatever is coming next.

1 Like

■■■■.

I just want a new Banjo-Kazooie man. Outsource is to another company the way you did KI if you have to. Just bring the bear and bird back man!