X019 predictions?

I don’t really trust the the current Rare to successfully revive any of their old mascots. If there ever is a new BK I’d want someone else on it with retained experience in collect-a-thon platformers.

1 Like

Fair point. IDK, maybe Double Fine could do it? The dream would be for them to ask Playtonic but I doubt that’s ever happening. Honestly, it will probably be some new team that noone is thinking about atm because they’re either small or don’t exist yet. That’s the trend being followed so far. Killer Instinct went to Iron Galaxy (and Double Helix) and Battletoads went to Dlala Studios. Tell me you would have expected either of them to get the project before the games were announced.

That’s awesome! Two new games coming today from quality studios. Excited to see what they’ll have to show us.

Well that sounds amazing. I think I also saw somewhere that the dialog choices and player choices are really good too? Hoping that’s the case.

I’d love to see that. The more quality games they can put in their own ecosystem, the better. What you’ve described here though really makes me excited to try this out. Thanks, man!

Double Fine could be interesting, but I agree that it’d probably go to a studio we’ve never heard of. That can be a double edged sword of course. Double Helix and Iron Galaxy did great with KI, but Battletoads… I dunno, that’s not looking too hot so far. Hopefully we get something today that restores my faith.

Either way, Banjo, Kameo and Conker are all games I’d love to see return. Hopefully MS is listening to their fans on these types of games…

1 Like

IDK. I liked what I’ve seen so far. The art direction is a little weird but I respect them for going a new direction.

Missed opportunity to add a fourth Toad so you can have simultaneous 4 player couch multiplayer.

Now that I’m thinking about it, what I want to see most from the Scarlett hardware right now is functionally-evolved controllers. Something based off the Elite models but makes the back-paddles actual new input options instead of merely shortcuts for existing ones. There’s a lot of PC-based games nowadays that struggle to adapt to the limited inputs that console controllers afford, and it would be amazing to see that aspect move forward.

1 Like

Yeah I think the art direction is throwing me a bit. I dunno, the gameplay itself though just didn’t look all that exciting to me. I probably just need to see more.

Yeah, I’m really hoping for an evolution in their controllers and the Elite models are a good place to start. I’d like something that adds more functionality and far more durability. Maybe I’m alone on an island here, but I feel like I burned through at least four controllers this generation and that’s never happened to me before. I think I wen through two 360 controllers, maybe?

1 Like

I’ve had the same two Xbox One controllers since 2014. And the only damage I’ve had was the D-Pad going wonkey on one of them. But since I can easily tell the two apart it’s only a problem If people wanna do couch multiplayer.

Playing FFXIV on console and getting a gaming PC this year has been a bit eye-opening. A few extra input options would go a long way toward making MMOs more palatable on pads, and even shooters would benefit from not having to bundle different actions on a single button as much or demand finger gymnastics to aim/move and press buttons at the same time.

I don’t think those issues are just you. MS has been pretty terrible with product durability this generation. The right bumpers on the X1 controllers have broken for me twice, and I’ve heard similar issues on the Elite models.

2 Likes

Well, it’s nice to see Rare with a new IP. Not sure what the actual “game” is, but it looks pretty nice. Everything else so far has been kinda “meh.” That one with the burning skull guy looked okay. A lot of what they’ve shown so far have looked like ID@Xbox level games.

Obsidian’s new game, Grounded… If you’re a survival fan, I can see why this would be interesting. For me, I don’t have any interest in Honey I Shrunk the Kids: The Survival Game, but that’s just me. I was hoping for a new RPG, but good on them for branching out. Hope it turns out well.

That “Tell Me Why” game looks good. Nice story from the Life is Strange studio known for good storytelling. Not really me genre, but this one might be interesting enough to pick up.

Also, these hosts / interviewers… Good lord. Please stop shouting at me. I get that you’re trying to convey enthusiasm but man… They’re just soooo in your face. I kinda wish they’d go to more of a Nintendo Direct approach. Ditch the crowd and do a fan fest separately without streaming. Pre-tape it to avoid a lot of the awkwardness and let people just talk in a normal voice and jump from world premiere to world premiere etc. This whole thing feels like a rather obnoxious infomercial.

Ah nice, a few Yakuza games are coming to Xbox.

Feels like we’re seeing a lot of “you can build crap like Fortnite” games. The graphics of a lot of these games… I’d love to see at least one game that looks like a legit AAA game.

Flight Simulator looks gorgeous, even if I have zero desire to play it. Still, I can absolutely see the appeal for those that are interested.

Age of Empires 4 gameplay shown. Not my cup of tea, but again, it looks really good for those interested. Takes place in the medieval era. New studio dedicated to Age of Empires called World’s Edge. Age of Empires 2 DE update. Nice graphical update. I believe this is what Adam Isgreen is working on at the moment? Good on him. Good showing.

Crossfire X is still apparently a thing? It’s a F2P shooter. It’s an “international phenomenon” apparently. We’re now heading to Helsinki where the studio that worked on Max Payne and Alan Wake is showing Alan Wake 2!! LOLJK, they’re doing the single player mode for Crossfire X, because of course. Gameplay is shown. It looks… Like a shooter. Well, hope it turns out well, I guess? Nice that it has a single player story mode, multiplayer and of course a battle royal mode lol.

From the creators of Virginia comes a minimalist art style game about body switching called Last Stop. Man… There are SO many of these minimalist art style games.

Minecraft Dungeons is coming April, 2020. It’s inspired by classic dungeon crawlers. Looks kinda like Minecraft meets Diablo. Minecraft fans have another reason to play Minecraft. Good on them. Dungeons are proceedurally generated. It’s supposed to be fun to play with your friends. Host is shouting.

People from Square Enix here… To talk about Final Fantasy games coming to game pass on PC… In 2020. Next year, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 plus 2.8 final chapter prologue coming to game pass next year. You can now experience the KH games that led up to KH3. New demo for KH3 available today for those that haven’t played the game yet.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate owners will get three months of Discord Nitro free. Sure. Lots of corporate speak from Larry and Rukari.

New games coming to game pass this holiday. Witcher 3, Darksiders 3, Halo Reach, My frend Pedro, Life is Strange 2. In 2020, Yakuza (3 games), Final Fantasy VII through XV (excluding XIV), Grounded, Wasteland 3, Ori 2, Bleeding Edge, etc.

ID@Xbox time. Holy crap they weren’t showing ID@Xbox games already. That’s mind-blowing in some of these cases. Brief glimpses of of Tracks, Streets of Rage 4, Skate Bird, Carrion, Phogs, Supraland, Scourge Bringer, Luma Nights, CrisTales, Double Kick Heroes, Haven, She Dreams Elsewhere, LevelHead, It Lurks Below, Forager, The Red Lantern, Age of Eternity and a few others.

Larry and Rukari can’t believe how many games are coming to Game Pass from ID@Xbox. Holiday offers from EA, Spotify Premium etc.

Phil Spencer arrives. Please be something good. Phil is not shouting. That’s refreshing. Ewok is coming to Mixer. “We gamers want great games.” - Host. “Should gamers get used to getting more games from Xbox Games Studios?”

Phil: There’s so much in development and so few shows, so get used to seeing new games from our studios doing amazing work.

Host: 3rd party franchises coming to Xbox announcement.

Phil: I’ve been going from Seattle to Tokyo a bit. I have more work to do there. I hear you, we’re on it.

That’s an announcement? Okay.

X Cloud talk. We want your feedback. Killer Instinct shown… It’s the 2013 game on X Cloud. sigh

One last game to talk about.

Phil: Two studios we’re excited about, Obsidian. We’ve missed having RPGs on our platform.

Wasteland 3 is the last game of the show.

Some okay stuff shown, some interesting stuff shown.

1 Like

Well I guess a new KI is not in the works right now then.

1 Like

Well, they were saying during the show that they have teams working on multiple projects at once and outsourcing projects and what not. It’s not entirely inconceivable that Adam Isgreen could be working on Age of Empires IV with Worlds Edge (I believe that’s the new Age of Empires studio name at MS?) as well as a working on Killer Instinct on the MS side with Iron Galaxy or some other dev.

I agree though that the chances are slim. My guess, or at least my sincere hope, is that this show was primarily intended for Xbox One’s “final” swan song and that all the Scarlett stuff will be coming at E3. I mean, I don’t recall there being a single mention of Scarlett during the entire show, so if they’re not talking about games for that system, it stands to reason that they wouldn’t be talking about KI. They didn’t even mention Halo Infinite, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

True, I’m just trying to keep myself on guard because you can never know when it will turn up.

Here’s the day one stream.

1 Like

Well, we kinda got Conker…I mean, they were going to make a young Conker game IIRC, but the backlash was so bad they just replaced Conker with Lucky, and now we have the Lucky’s Tale games. So…E-rated spiritual successor?? :confused:

Edit: Ignore this post. I’m an idiot.

That’s not how it worked at all. Microsoft doesn’t own Lucky.

*does a quick google search *

…well I’m an idiot. Yup, Lucky is owned by Playful, and it looks like Young Conker is available on the Windows Store. Guess that’s what happens when you don’t care enough about either game to check on rumors.

2 Likes

For Halo: Master Chief Collection, does anyone know if it’ll have cross play, as it’ll be on Windows Store, Steam, as well as Xbox One of course?

I’m also assuming it’s not part of Xbox Play Anywhere?

The event was alright for smaller titles and Game Pass but very meh otherwise. But I guess they’re saving most of the big new stuff for next-gen, which means it’ll have to wait at least until the proper Scarlett reveal around E3.

1 Like

Jeese. You think they’d have revealed it by now. You think they’d want as much time as possible for people to get excited about it.

welp, at least this time we can keep our expectations low in the mean time.

2 Likes