Windows 10 Grayed Out

Here is what I am seeing on the store.

My specs:

Win 10 64 bit - all possible updates according to WU.
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2 Ghz
16 gigs ram
more than 30 gigs on every drive (I have 5 installed right now)
Xbox 360 arcade stick from Mad Catz
Xbox One controller
Nvidia GTX 680 with yesterday’s driver 364.72

Basically ‘Free’ is grayed out and I noticed that line in the pic above.
Help?

Sign out of your account and the button will light up. Click it, and it will have you sign back in, and it will begin downloading.

1 Like

Out of the store or Win 10 itself (all the same account) and if so, the Xbox One as well? etc. I signed out of just the store, then signed back in - no dice.

Your Microsoft account that’s attached to your Xbox account. I’m not super clear on what all the accounts this ■■■■ lets you have at once. Sign out of everything.

Which Version of Windows 10 do you have? Because that might be a problem

You need to install updates, you’re on the wrong build of windows 10.

Nope, see here.

Win 10 64 bit Home

Rebooted both machines, signed out of the store, signed back in, same deal.

I don’t understand.

Xbox One KI is updated and my save file is updated already. Played with Tusk a bit before the reboot.

See here.

I don’t know why I don’t see an OS Build on that screenshot of yours. It would tell me whether you have the November update or not.

There’s a chance your Windows might be missing an update, consult this link from rukizzel:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=698739

Hit your Windows Start Key > Settings > About. It should show you the exact update number.

Listed above here.

Type winver (a run command) in the search box next to your windows start key. Click on it and it should show a build number.

Here it is.

I believe you have to have 1511 which is the latest update. Here is a post from Rukari. Have to go unfortunately. I hope I lead you to a good direction.

I can tell you it isn’t the 1511 build. I had your same version. In fact, now my first PC is being held by a great technician, a friend of mine, who’s going to reinstall it with the newest build. If you can’t upgrade your windows, I suggest you to go via Iso or mediatool.

Yeah I am in the middle of downloading with the Mediatool - I guess they messed it up something fierce - there are many articles out there indicating how common this issue is. That post from Rukari doesn’t help my case at all - it did not update on its own or through manual updates. Bleh. Will see how this goes.

In case nothing like this works, you have to do a clean install like me.

Better not - I already did a clean install on launch day of Win 10.

It worked. What a pain - I wonder why it didn’t update - I use my PC constantly - I’m a content creator for two Youtube channels (one that is over 600k subs) and also a Twitch streamer on occasion. I usually have to be on top of everything all the time and Windows Update just would not ‘see’ this one for some reason. Anyways, downloading now. It will be nice to finally play this game using my 360 stick.