Why we don't have successful Omen players at championships? Does Omen really needs buffs?

Potential damage isn’t really all that great of a pay off. Would it be better off having damage akin to Shadow Jago’s Instinct super or Fulgore’s Beam super without the PD?

Possibly make it so that the amount of damage it does scales with the opponent’s lifebar?

eg: Opponent’s life 100 - 90% = 50% damage // 89 - 80% = 45% // etc.

What Sith, Infil, Dayv0, and Climax said.^^

1 Like

I don’t believe DD needs any improvement. Omen has good tools to spare in his arsenal. Dd can remain as “hype humiliation” move.

You(Omen) work around it, knowing that you are never going to use it… until, in one fight among 100, you feel confident enough to decieve someone and connect it, dealing a huge mental damage to your opponent.

Not all the moves need to be part of the meta. Dd works pretty well as LOL moment, and with the current state of the game, I like the way it is

5 Likes

@MariusStriker @FallofSeraphs76 @DurtyDee810 @WizVicious @SneerfulWater57 @MnTLetalis Just to keep you guys updated and the hope alive:

All this for 95% with Omen. Omen is still a sleeper characte. I’m dedicating to proving to anyone that he’s still a MASSIVE threat :thumbsup:

9 Likes

Congrats, @ItzTymeToDul! :clap: Today I almost raised to silver rank, but I lost the promotion fight =S Later I’ll spend some time to raise again xD All this with our dear Omen of course! Also I still watching your videos to learn some tech.

1 Like

Wasn’t this player, what was his name…Runex? That got pretty far playing Rash and Omen at EVO?

When I look at Omen thinking for a pocket character seeying he has no invincible dp or high damage makes me look to another way. Not because I don’t like him, but I’m guessing I’ll need to put of work for instance, fighthing very good Glacius. Maybe Shago or Fulgore are better choices. Not because of their damage, but other options like an invincible dp and teleport/dash when thinking about dealing with the iceman.

1 Like

The characters you listed don’t have the options omen does.

Doesn’t Fulgore and Shago have an invencible dp?. Fulgore can also zone and teleport. Shago can be a real pain for Glacius too.
Maybe Glay is easy for Omens? Don’t know. I still must finish watching Sleep vs Toneri.
I’m guessing Omen has to play zoning vs Glay too. And I also think he has good buttons. I mean it’s not that easy to poke a Wulf away, and Omen can do it.
I’ll try to play that MU with Omen. I’ll lab it to see what I can find.

1 Like

I like your thought process. Wish i could meet up with you and kinetic offline but such is life :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah me too, that would be great =) but as you said…such if life u.u

1 Like

Omen has a meterless reversal, L. Orda shield. It’s not the best reversal in the world, but it puts him in a situation where you have to respect his wake up. Also, he has a metered reversal dodge, shadow form, and Omen usually has meter for it

If you are thinking about Omen against Glacius, Omen has several tools which are very useful against the alien:

-He can counter-zone Glacius, either not alowing him to advance at some extent, or avoiding his zoning more easily than other chars thanks to his air mobility and shadow form
-Glacius side makes him extremelly vulnerable to Omen’s preassure game. Cross ups mixups with HP or MP are a pain in the ■■■
-Delayed projectiles which helps him to mantain his turn even when he is wrong when preassuring
-He can deny Glacius’ meter usage, which is pivotal for the character, either to avoid preassure(SC), fullscreen punishes(Shadow Shatter), avoid projectiles(shadow cold shoulder), damage(shadow cold Shoulder), and more. The damage part is important, since one of Glacius advantages against him, damage output, is mitigated.

There is more, but this is fair enough. I couldn’t say if Omen wins the MU, or if it’s even, but in any case I whould never say it’s in Glacius’ favor

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I’m sorry I’m sorry. THAT was a good one.

This.

It’s true. It’s not the same using a meaty against Omen than, dunno, meterless TJ, Eagle, meterless chunkless Aganos, sandless Kan-Ra…

All this characters have NOTHING to do but blocking against meaty attacks when they have no resources(In Eagle’s case, he has to block since he has no reversal, ever).

Omen’s l.orda shield, is bad, but it’s an option. If you, as Omen, get knocked down, and you read a meaty, you can get them with l.Orda shield. Even better, during instinct, doing this will shut down one shadow meter from your opponent.

I play a lot as Eyedol, and as mage, he has a reversal, his back teleport. I can’t tell you the amount of times some opponents didn’t respect me when they knocked down me, and this got me free.

A meterless reversal could have ackward hitbox, be baitable, easily avoidable, non damaging, unsafe as ■■■■, and everything you want. But it’s still a reversal, and must be considered when approaching it

3 Likes

Laugh all you like, but it’s true. It’s not a great meterless invincible reversal, but it is one. You blow up frame traps all the time with it, as well as use it to forcibly take back your turn after something negative.

5 Likes

What’s the meaning of dp? I learned a lot of terms reading a lot of threads, but this I don’t know yet.

Dragon Punch, as in the universal term for all vertical or diagonal launching uppercuts

4 Likes

Oh I called this just anti-air move :laughing: Indeed Omen doesn’t have an effective dp. Our best options to punish the target at air is light Orda and crouch HP I guess. M.Orda and H.Orda rarely prove to be effective because are easily punishable.

True, normaly is used implying “invulnerable wake up anti air move”

I prefer the use of “reversal” for that matter, using DP for moves like shoryuken(Fulgore, Jago, Orchid…)[quote=“MariusStriker, post:118, topic:21386”]
Our best options to punish the target at air is light Orda and crouch HP I guess
[/quote]

I would avoid using L. Orda as anti air. Jumping and pressing HK with Omen has a tremendous hitbox and hurts like a truck

I think it depends. HK is a good option when Omen is flying. But when he is on the ground and target at air to attack, probably not. His jump is slow bcause of his wings, the opponent would hit before. Later I’ll try at practice mode HK to punish jumping targets with Omen initially on the ground.