Why? (Retro shorts complaint thread)

This is more of a useful argument. I think maybe if the shorts were a little shorter and were black instead of pink it would take away from this problem. I also think the skirt should be a little longer, it looks stubby as is.

I’m also not a fan of how her accessories are handled, I guess it’s a good thing you don’t have to grind to unlock them.

The new kim default looks great but this retro fails in so many ways.

Popped in just to say that I like and am perfectly fine with Kim Wu’s retro.

1 Like

I’m going to have to mod you for being off-topic in a complaint thread.

(couldn’t resist the joke softball)

2 Likes

Since when are guys so scared of a woman showing a bit of her body ??? Am I missing something ? Why is everyone so sensitive about EVERYTHING these days?

1 Like

I think it has to do more with her age.

Cause it pretty much is.

She’s a college student, so officially older than KI2 Kim Wu. KI2 Kim was only 17 years old.

I think they went with it b/c it looks less tacky, and better/more functional in general.

2 Likes

She’s 21 in this game. And besides she’s a fictional character AKA fair game.

I’m just gonna leave this alone… :unamused:

3 Likes

I have no problem with Kim wu’s original retro or a woman showing body (see my sadira comment). I just don’t think butt floss speaks to Kim Wu’s current persona. Some folks in here act like they put her in a monk robe and a burka LOL

2 Likes

Haha yeah Maybee not so much her modern persona . But I don’t mind the g string for the 90s character model . I mean that’s part of what makes the 90s so great lol

True haha the 90’s was a lovely era. I understand their direction with her though and if it were a sjw thing I’d think sadira would be just as covered up.

1 Like

Yah that’s a good point . Maybee like someone said , it’s more because of her supposed age in this game .

KI community just doesn’t know how to let butt floss go, I guess.

3 Likes

The pavlovian sexualization of the natural body is sad. I think characters should be able to show skin without being dubbed “Fan-Service”

I feel you. I feel like ppl shouldn’t deem censorship over sexualization as PC and now of adapting with the times. In my opinion, orchid and kim wu lack of bum fiber makes their other cosmetics stand out in more positive ways.

1 Like

some how I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Hmmm yeah it kinda sucks how she needs to wear knee pads and shorts for her retro,

probably to prevent Kim Wu looking over sexualized or something (as some mentioned) There were minor changes in characters like Maya as well.

Exactly.

Kim Wu’s design, heck, EVERYONE’S designs back in the 90’s were just that: a product of the times. In the 20-odd years since KI2, tastes and demographics have changed. Dramatically. Even Mortal Kombat has had to adapt to the times -compare Mileena from MK9 to MKX, and the former came out 5 years ago-, too.

Besides, it’s not just Kim and her teal buttfloss that had to go (much less Maya’s underboob getting removed), remember Chief Thunder? From my understanding, Kevin Bayliss had to redesign his retro from scratch because his original appearance just would not fly in this day and age.

To call it censorship further undermines the meaning of the word, when it’s a conscious effort on the part of the designer(s) and developers to strike a balance between the classic and the times of today. And frankly, if Kim Wu’s retro wearing shorts is your biggest concern and a hill you want to die on… can we trade personal problems, then?

And for what little it’s worth, as a woman, I do not have an issue with “revealing” clothing, provided it fits (pun not intended) the character in question. Sadira? No problem, that’s just how she is, I get that. Someone like Kim Wu? Yeah… probably not.

5 Likes