Why people hate Eyedol again? -.-

Broken boss or not Eyedol is one of the classics and he needs to come back.

1 Like

Kim Wu was almost a blank canvas, and a lot could be done with her. The entire character of Eyedol is a goofy 2 headed Minotaur cheesball that cannot be taken seriously or changed without altering the identity of the original character. I personally don’t want him in Season 3 and the whole “we need the complete KI roster” argument should not be valid if the character themself is unappealing.

Almost nobody said “Gargos gameplay isn’t the original, Gargos is ruined”

People(I) want a two headed Cyclops. A hulking monster. A heavy hitter.

His older moveset must and will be reworked

3 Likes

Just not a fan of how he looks. A two headed centaur doesn’t do anything for me. Plus I don’t really want to see any more big characters. Be nice to have a few more Kim wu’ size imo.

1 Like

When people say he was generic as a negative
 look at modern day Gargos! IG would make Eyedol awesome.

I mostly want him for the impact he would have on the story though . That and he IS a legacy character, all these complaints about guests and yet Eyedol is not ok?

I think this is key. Sure they’re making this game for the fans but I wouldn’t want them to make something that they weren’t genuinely excited about. Would people really want IG to release a half assed character that they weren’t 100% behind?

And plus wouldn’t this take away from Gargos and his lore? He’s supposed to be the ultimate evil and general all around not a very nice dude. It would be strange to see “Oh yeah by the way there is this gigantic two headed Cyclopes with a huge club running around that apparently nobody knew about.”

1 Like

I think Eyedol is already finished. I think he is as big as Arganos (lol) and he is coming to bring the pain. Only way i see him not making it is if there is a season 4 that has already been fleshed out. As far as people saying he doesn’t fit the game i don’t see how that even makes sense with all the different types of characters you have in the game. A pirate skeleton, a gargoyle from the astral realm that has a army of demons and minions, a werewolf, a rotting mummy, a dinosuar, a robot that can upload her consciousness to a cloud and download to anther robot body someplace else in the world, a man of fire that a is a rip off of the human torch (no offense cinder) and ica alien from out of space, a boxer, a barbarian, a demon that posses a ninja a spider woman, not to metion the giant toad that stop by to visit along with an arbiter dont know what he is (no offense Arby dont know much bout halo) and some how a monster with two heads is to far out for the cast. smh. Everyone that says doesnt fit in or can be redesigned is just str8 up hating Eyedol is going to fit in just fine. He is part of the original cast and everyone else is here that one reason and the main reason to bring him back is a large number of K.I fans want him back. Thats enough reasons right there not because he ugly Ka Ra is Ugly so is Gargos’s mug. as far as moveset he can be a rush down two headed brute with a club that throws fireball and can jump and club you into the ground with heatlh regen for his instinct or his boss variation and it would be sweet if he can still return your fireballs with his club. If you hate Eyedol how about starting a thread for that " We hate Eyedol Members Only If You Hate Him Your Welcome"and deposit all of your hate there and everyone else that doesnt will stare clear of it and let the haters fester in there hate unopposed. Seriously i believe most of the Eyedol haters are just trolls and the other just dont like the character. Eyedol being in the game wont negatively affect the game or humanity.

Eyedol (alongside Joanna Dark and Eagle) was in the survey for characters we would like to see in the future. They are not the last character, no matter how much we desire it to be the case.

Eyedol could be Gargos personal bodyguard, just like Goro for Shang Tsung/

1 Like

Because on the internet its cool to be “that guy” who goes around crapping on everyone’s wants and desires.

8 Likes

the survey does not confirm Eyedol isnt the last character. Its pretty unlikely that they havent come up with a character design and moveset for Eyedol even if he isnt the last character. he coming if not now eventually but more than likely now

1 Like

dudes, eyedol was the rival to gargos in the old game lore. because eyedol died, gargos had no threat he thought. they really could just make the story for the new season the conflict between eyedol and gargos with the earth being the middle of it all and the cast trying to stop both of them. simple, easy climatic story with cheese.

Lol made me laugh.

Gargos is about to fight when

Suddenly from the Shadows! Eyedol appears!

EYEDOL
“YO BRUH! YOU TINK GARGOS CAN LIFT!?!? CHECK DIS YO!”

And then Eyedol bonks Gargos on the head with his club and takes his place.

Gargos’s minions sweep him off screen with a broom

Awkward silence from your character

PLAYER CHARACTER
“Uhhh
 Who are you?”

EYEDOL
“WHO AM I!?!? WWHHHAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?”
Eyedol flexes and points to an old Killer Instinct arcade machine.

PLAYER CHARACTER
“Oh
 Ooooh! Um
 k
”

3 Likes

The story at the beginning of the KI Ultimate fan book talks about a huge battle for earth between Eyedol and Gargos. The humans found a way to trap them into a portal or something locking them away for good.

So the Double Helix lore did have Eyedol in mind. Its not necessarily connected to the new S3 lore/story line
 but it is the original beginning and is in the book so 
its out there. Thing is Eyedol is defeated by Orchid and leaves only Gargos remaining. Looks like the new story line has skipped past the entire Eyedol story line and first bit of the KI tournament story and went straight to Gargos’s invasion.

For those of you that haven’t read this
Its called “Where it began, The Original Killer Instinct Story”

If I had a way to post the story I would
I cant type out the whole thing
but it would be cool if it were on this forum somewhere.

1 Like

My only gripe for eyedol coming back is that he died in the game from what I remember after reading up his lore

A wild Eyedol appears!!
Go Jago!

Eyedol uses Club! It’s super effective!
Jago uses Shadow Wind Kick! It’s not very effective

Eyedol uses Hoof Stomp! Eyedol regains all his HP!
@TheKeits uses Nerf! It’s not very effective

3 Likes

Gargos only had a few in KI-2 now look at him.
Gargos has the image of a boss. Guess what? he’s playable.
Gargos got reimagined as a demonic lord instead of a gargoyle.

Also while we are on the subject of old KI characters being dumb in the old KI games, I would like to point out that Kim Wu, Tusk, and Maya were among the most hated in the original cast because of how they were presented in KI-2 Kim Wu had a few more fans than Maya or Tusk for that matter. and in season 1 there was a obvious amount of people who did not want them.

Then by Season 2 Maya got reimagined as a monster hunter and Tusk and Kim were able to fit into the new KI despite the retcon of KI-2’s story. They didn’t even have to imagine these three coming into the future from some time warp.

If these three characters who were disliked in the original can get reimagined. Why not Eyedol?

No joke there. Remember we’ve had people complaining about how much they hated Orchid’s new look. as well as Jago’s. Heck I remembered some people hating on Glacius because he had no nose.
The orchid threads and Jago threads especially had a ton of these

Heck even recently Gargos was called a primate because he did not have a face that was very human. The point I was making there @Zdhome was that people will always fuss over the new looks no matter what. That is inevitable.

Also, everyone deserves to have their favorites in the game. and having Eyedol in may encourage those fans to give this KI a try or stay with it if they are starting to miss Eyedol already. By keeping Eyedol out you would be keeping the Eyedol fans out. No other character would substitute.

If the devs find out what they can do with him, then its a safe bet that he has a chance. I see no reason to add guest characters or a human character with a concept that has been used already (i.e. another military character) but I digress.

The points I’m trying to make are
1: complaint threads have happened before. and it is goanna keep happening.

2: Kim, Tusk, and Maya and Gargos went from among the most hated, to being better presented (despite complaints about Kim Wu’s thong, Gargos’s face and Tusk no longer shouting “DAH!”) and I’m sure some will give the new Eyedol a chance if he makes it in.

3: being a boss in the original never stopped the likes of Gargos form being playable.

You don’t have to agree with me. Just remember that old presentations of the characters can still be redone in a way that can make them better.

Oh and FYI, the concept of a boss being cheap in the original has nothing to do with how they can be presented in the new KI.Shadow Jago was cheap as heck but that won’t have anything to do with wether or not he makes in the future KI games.

and as far as complaints of the looks, that’s were Retros come in.

8 Likes

Spinal was just a skeleton with sword, shield and a headband. Look at him now. If they could redesign spinal, then they can do the same with eyedol.

2 Likes

True there. though Spinal was still a fan-favorite in the originals. Kim, Tusk and Maya had to fight to get more fans and the respect they rightfully deserve.

2 Likes