Why people hate Eyedol again? -.-

Sounds like the discussions of Pac-Man being in Smash lol.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just indifferent to Eyedol honestly. He was just kind of ā€œthereā€ in the original KI. Iā€™m sure if they wanted to bring him back and make him interesting, they could. They did a lot for Maya and Gargos in that regard.

Still would prefer Kelvin or Ben Ferris because Iā€™m more connected to those characters. But if the majority want Eyedol, then it would be kind of wrong to listen to me, right?

1 Like

I use to hate, reject, and think that Gargos was a really bland characterā€¦ Now Iā€™m loving his new design and also the retro one looks good. . I think that it could happen to you with eyedol because he will look and play different than in the 90s.

Although Iā€™ve only been playing since the end of S2, I always liked Gargos more than Eyedol, but Gargosā€™ move set really doesnā€™t click with me. I hope Eyedol can come back as a grappler character with great footsies. It would be cool to see him have a ball and chain that he can use for long range, and also use up close for wrapping and slamming people with command grabs. It could be similar to Birdie in SFV. His size and weapon possibilities gives him a lot of potential. He could be rushdown like the past, he could be another grappler for the sake of expanding options for grappler fans that may not like RAAM, or he can be a stance fighter like some people suggest. I think he deserves a chance because a lot of other boring characters, like Kim, managed to turn out amazing after all these years. I donā€™t think it would be fair to judge him on his in-game appearance in the 90s.

1 Like

Really want Eyedol, it wouldnt be right to leave him behind.

How can you be more connected to Kelvin? They just introduced the idea of that character today.

Are people not allowed to not like Eyedol?

1 Like

Arbiter and General Raam say hi.

4 Likes

People Hate Eyedol because the ones that Want him are very vocal about it. Balance to the Force.

2 Likes

The original Eydol was not only cheap, but boring. His role in the story has been supplanted by Gargos. Just no reason to put him in.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Glacius player so the idea of rushdown styled Glacius sounded cool.

1 Like

fair enough :yum:

I agree that Eyedol is no longer of any use.

IG didnā€™t make Kim Wu an appealing character. Did you not see the hate Kim Wuā€™s face got the entire time nor Steve constantly joking on stream whenever we see her face. There are only a few exceptions to people like her.

Same with TJ, IG has a mixed record on characters and like Gargos itā€™s likely Eyedol will look equally generic.

Thatā€™s my opinion to the thread asking why I have my opinion. Try not to get upset over my opinion.

a charecters face isnt the only factor to a charecters, apeal. the only reason other people laughed at it and talked about it that much was because it became a meme at that point

design wise Eyedol is cool. A giant biclops.

Iā€™d love for him to look similar. more detail of course. And please keep him with the demon hooves and lower body half.

making up unique dynamics for him will be interesting. Iā€™m still thinking somehow make him take advantage of 2 heads, which iā€™ve given some ideas but not sure if they would work in a fighting game.

Maybe he will do some of the thing glacius did in the original K.I. like the pick axe and axe morph and the ground pound projectile maybe he will look a bit more like than version of Glacius

Itā€™s like hey guys letā€™s all hate on a character that was designed 20 something years ago! No wonder he looks and play terrible. Of course he can easily be fixed for a modern fighter. I mean look at mortal kombat 9. Shang Tsung plays NOTHING like what he did in MK I, but people were happy just have him in the game and found his new play style a lot of fun.

1 Like

Although Iā€™m not opposed to Eyedol, the reason I canā€™t get behind him is that the developers themselves have shown little interest in making him. I donā€™t know how I feel about having a character in the game that the developers are not passionate about. He will literally be in the game for fanservice and nothing else. How much effort will go into his design or gameplay if the people making him donā€™t care or arenā€™t happy to work on him?

Sorry. Iā€™m not saying he shouldnā€™t be made. Just that he shouldnā€™t appear until Iron Galaxy is excited about his design, fighting style, or whatever. Until then Eyedol, in my eyes at least, will have to live on the in the classic Killer Instinct only.

Other then that Iā€™m not sure what the hate against him is feeding off of. Maybe his design is all over the place? Maybe people are jealous of his multi-headed Shadow Lord gloriousness? Centaur/Cyclops/Satyr/Double Head Dude Prejudice?

ā€œYAā€™LL KEEP YOUR DIRTY DOUBLE HEADED DUDE PAWS OFF OUR WOMEN YA WEIRD CENTAUR CYCLOPS GUY!ā€ ā€¦ RACISM!!! ooooooooh :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Even if some of them dislike/are not excited about the character it doesnt mean they wonā€™t put him in the game. The game is for the fans. I sure every member of the team has other characters they arent excited about and they donā€™t like. The mere fact that there is so much hate and hype around the character indicates he should be in the game. Im sure everyone who hates him isnt going to stop playing Killer instinct because he is in the game. When he come in the game if you hate him that much just wreck him when you face him and get all of your frustrations out. The developers probably dont hate him as much as you would think and is down playing him so when they release him they is more hate and hype and all of it falls under excitement for the game. Who really do you think would be a last character a guest only other character than eydol that would fit that spot really is Eagle not saying it can be some new character but it would have to be one h e l l of a character to cap of the season. My money is on Eyedol. The only way i see Eyedol not making it into the game is if the developers for the sake of the lives of some of the games fans because some of them seem like they hate this character so much they may take their own lives lol :joy: