Why Is She Unpopular?

IMO I kinda dig Kim’s personality here. Considering a good majority of the characters we have already are all super serious (not all are emo-serious but still), it’s a nice change of pace. Plus shes like 19 (the youngest human in the cast), been the dragon warrior for only about six months, and has been though no where near the amount of s**t the other characters have been through so it makes sense she brings out a lot of pepped up youth. And because she’s so young it leaves a lot of room for growth and development.

Are any of them “emo-serious”?

RAAM he’s always serious, he’s only ever had two facial expressions angry and even angrier than that.

EDIT: Oh and ARIA, hisako, fulgore, and thunder they’re all some seriously serious characters.

Had a few Kim thoughts inspired by @CrazyLCD 's latest video. Some different solutions to some of Kim’s issues.

I’m thinking maybe if her Dragon Kicks put the opponent in the corner rather than herself, it would be a monumental improvement. Maybe if the Light Dragon Kick led to a wallsplat. Also, a bigger hitbox on the Shadow version to matchup with the explosion a bit better. As a bonus, maybe a bit more range on her Dragon Dance kicks or a slightly wider counter window.

Curious to see what’s done with her going forward.

Seeing how in the next update Sadira gets somthing new, I would be surprised if they didnt tinker with Kim-Wu a bit too.

LOL You mean a Super Dragon kick that doesn’t lead to a Swapped side, but more of a Full Screen Wall bounce?

IG PLZ

THE RESETS :persevere:

1 Like

Lol hell yeah. It’ll be the Omega KI: Each character gets an insane version.
For example: Finals Week Kim Wu. He’s hopped up on energy drinks and stress, bouncing off the walls (literally) :stuck_out_tongue:

You nearly made me spit Mountian Dew all over the college’s Computer XD

I can get behind this :joy:

1 Like

Tbh I honestly belive that kim wu is just to close range of a charachter and doesent have alot of speed to get her in close.

I think she can get in fine. She has one of the best Dashes in the game, as well as a really fast Walk Speed, and Dragon cancels that can close a distance really quickly.

But the dash is extremely punishable, and that’s one of the reasons she is hard to play

are you talking about her dragon cancel dash or her normal double-tap forward dash?

1 Like

All of her dashes are fast, the normal and dragon cancel ones. She also has one of the better walk speeds in the game.

I just hope something is done. She’s such a struggle to work with and learning her few pronounced strengths doesn’t pay off enough with all the glaring shortcomings and weaknesses that limit her unreasonably. Kind of a shame because she looked like a beast at the KIWC.

It’s kinda weird how TJ’s Exchange ender doesn’t swap sides in the corner (this is a good thing) but Kim Wu’s does which makes her’s a pseudo exchange ender.

Also her movement speed is quick but she’s kinda easy fend off.

I would just use the Dragon Grasp to switch sides. They have given us the tools to get out of the corners. Just remember not to blow out.

Playing @TheNinjaOstrich yesterday made me come back to this thread. I honestly think Kim Wu is just overshadowed by the rest of the cast. Most people who are new pick someone flashier and most veterans have no reason to switch. I think her reputation for difficulty is overblown. People kept requesting a simple character and then they get one and “it’s too hard!” I guess what they mean is simple but with huge damage. All the time. Without doing anything special.

I had zero interest in Kim but all the negativity made me want to play her and see. And she just isn’t that bad.

1 Like

Man, I must have shown you something that changed your whole outlook :joy:

Glad you had fun! Kim does have her bad matchups but I like KI for the fact that even if it is a bad matchup, KI’s unique combo system can still help you pull through. Not like Street Fighter, where you basically are limited and have no chance to comeback like you can in KI.

They were good matches, and one of the things that was really clear as I was watching them unfold is how interesting and fun the decision making process was for you playing Kim and me playing against her. You also did a few things that showed me better uses for some of her tools than I had previously seen, which made me think about how and why people are getting the character wrong.