Why Is She Unpopular?

That’s almost exactly what I was going to say. She doesn’t look like anything special, and her moveset and combat traits feel basic. There are just way more exciting and engaging characters in the roster.

It’s probably why the OP sees the likes of RAAM and Aganos more than Kim Wu.

1 Like

thank u bro i do no have anything to add for her shes too tiny for me she could be a lil bit taller just a lil bit like this

then for sure i would play her everyday cause there are a nice package lose or won dont mean anything there is the love of the attractive character before everything . sample ( i was in love with sadira s1 and s2 when unfortunatly she change at the s3 but i still play her in lobby just for fun because i loves her shes just a nice package )

but the actual kim wu Nooooo bro than u i pass my tour lomfao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Please just talk about aganos but leave my Daddy RAAm quiet lol hahahahah

You don’t like the General?

no no i like him AF hes a real killer thats the reason why i dropped sadira . cause raam is just what i like when it comes over damages he he he he dont play . :innocent: hes bad ■■■!
HES my BAE :heart_eyes: because of him i still play this game cause sadira deceives me in S3 its just like she changes her damages with aganos S2 no waythank u

I’m sorry, but in-game Kim looks a lot better than that concept art to me. :joy:

I actually like Kim’s look and design. Again, I think it comes down to ease of use and effectivity for most people, though of course aesthetic preferences do come into play for some.

2 Likes

lomfao there a wu fan im happy to hear from u lol lol just go broh play her then ahhahahahahahah good luck with ur tiny’s girl ahhhahahaha

i still remembering that the real kim wu has the orchid size in tall!
i just dont like how shorty’s shes now lol lol the same reaon i dont play hisako too
i dont play with ants.

It’s because nobody wants to look at that awful face. Also you’re very limited on your customization options because that jacket always stays the same color.

1 Like

I was actually pretty hype for Kim. When she dropped, not so much… After the mega-buff patch, I returned to her, but it’s pretty much like y’all been saying: she is WORK.

For me, it boils down to 3 aspects of her game that I just can’t seem to figure out, and so gravitate toward other characters that I enjoy but are considerably less work… I know, there is definitely an element of ‘git gud’, but how much gittin’ are we talkin’ about, y’know?

The three things that confound and deter me are:

1. Resource Ender - regardless of ender level, I only get one dragon, and have no idea of how to set anything up after it. Seems like a return to neutral, which isn’t so bad, but doesn’t feel good either. Little damage, little resource, little to no advantage… I just never know what to do with that.

2. Damage Ender - why do we have to fly into the corner from anywhere on screen? And be left right in their face at essentially neutral to boot? I know that’s hardly unique to damage enders in terms of advantage, but the imminent threat of the corner is weird and tends to make me panic when I should be in control. Again, definitely an element of ‘git gud’ involved…

3. Dragon Cancels - coming from a lifetime of GG, I personally have a hard time with my Roman Cancel automatically engaging a dash or airdash. That’s definitely more personal than a problem with the character, and I in no way think it should change, it’s just a struggle for me. I know, it’s not a Roman Cancel. It’s just a really tricky mechanic to wrap my head and hands around. Doesn’t work out for me often. Do I use’em to pressure? Keep up frametraps and tick throws? Juggle with flying kicks (which then spends more mental energy on the counterbreak game, as her flying kick juggles are hella breakable)?

I dunno. I like Kim’s design, I like her playstyle in theory, there just seems to be this huge element of gittin’ gud that isn’t as pronounced with a lot of other character choices… Just my thoughts on it, anyway.

3 Likes

exactly my thought! thank u

I actually like her face.

I absolutely hate her (never changing) jacket, its just ridiculous!

3 Likes

I like playing against her to see what the player come up with her, she feels like the way I want Killer Instinct to be while fighting in some aspects (like the original ones). But I do feel she’s a bit short (kicks are almost useless, very bad sweep too). I didn’t like the old design and now she looks more like a schoolgirl than a warrior but I guess that was intended. Her personality kind of stands out, even though I didn’t like her at first. She feels like a teenager disney character in a monsters game XP. However, I feel she is the most KI character of the s3. Or at least, the one I prefer the most over the other giant weirdos and their gameplan. (Eyedol playstyle is fun but some things are a Little to strong)…

1 Like

It’s obvious no buttfloss.

j/k…btw

Anyway I’m a monster person KW is to me just bland.

Considering that a good deal of us are legal adults and she’s supposed to be a teenager, it would make the buttfloss really creepy… lol.

Very true plus it’s not appropriate for the kids either. :wink:

1 Like

Well she is 19.

1 Like

I think the main issue is that she feels too specialized in footsies, which takes a lot of skill and practice to play well with. And once you take her out of that comfort zone (and most characters are very capable of doing this), she really struggles and feels inflexible so learning her doesn’t pay off very well. @TheKeits mentioned that they want to avoid taking away her weaknesses, but I think it would do her good if they shored up some of her weaknesses a bit so her playstyle feels less linear and limited.

Honestly, I think her face looks fine and people are still hung up on that idea that it looks fundamentally terrible because of the early version we saw at KIWC. Her face can actually look pretty good in the right circumstances. The main problem is that some of her expressions look off (especially in still shots, like her victory screen), and the lighting of some of the stages looks really garish on her face.

She’s only good at high level. Other than that, she is boring and her personality is toxic. Thank goodness she is selected rarely.

I rather fight raam and his cheap damage than kim.

I think she could’ve been fun honestly, but I could never get around her awful normals and decent pressure. As a Jago, my playstyle revolves around a certain way, one she does not fit.

That’s not to say I dislike her, I love her concept and she is fun to watch. I don’t mind playing against her either. But, playing as her isn’t necessarily on my agenda.

All of these posts…

All of you have just given me more fuel to be one of the Best Kim Wu’s.

I love this “flawed” gameplay she has. She clicks for me. A LOT. Playing footsies with her is fun and rewarding. Dragon Cannon Combos are amazingly fun and stylish to pull of for mixups. Plus, her Accessories are boss.

Lol DJ Kimmy all day. :blush:

I feel she is the most fun out of the cast for me, IMO.

.#BestKimMidWest

I think she is unpopular, because she requires a bit more work than others, but the reward is better, imo.

6 Likes