Why I don't Want Any More Seasons

Hey I don’t like jago’s hair but I still main him and I’m 99% sure the devs will never change his hair. Doesn’t stop me from using him but like you said, to each their own.

1 Like

This is like several levels beyond a dead horse. There was a dead horse that you were beating, then there was a bloody pulp, then a smear on the ground, and you are now stubbornly swinging that stick at a patch of earth where the memory of a dead horse once could be found.

5 Likes

ouch

Third favourite quote of the week.

All in this topic.

The epic quoting is intense here

2 Likes

You know I hate to play devil’s advocate here, partially because I think Kim’s face is fine the way it is, but the same dead horse argument was said numerous, numerous times about those that were saying how important it was to keep Eyedol looking faithful to his original design (or even being in the game at all) back before his reveal, and now look at his retro. I’d say out of every character in the game his retro IMHO is the most faithful to his original design of any of the original cast, club excluding. So who knows? I mean to me it seems like it’s been long enough that if they did change her face unless they just knocked it out of the park you’re going to have people complaining to change it back, so it’d be hard to say if they’re really going to appeal to more people or not by changing it.

Yeah, I refer to this as the “Godzilla” fallacy of the Internet. The Godzilla fallacy is the idea that if you shoot a hundred rockets at Godzilla and they have zero impact in the first half of a Godzilla movie, invariably the military might of the JDF determines that the best course if action is to assemble more forces and shoot a million of the same ineffectual missiles at him. It makes no sense but they do it every time.

Applied to the internet it’s the idea that if you complain about something for a year and nothing happens that you should complains EVEN MORE. This is bolstered by false positives where you see decisions getting made and you say “this was because we complained.”

My point is, the developers have heard the feedback on Kim’s face. We aren’t telling them something new and they aren’t going to do anything about it. Bringing it up again isn’t going to matter. It’s one more ineffective missile.

3 Likes

I just think we’re past the whole new console new set of games age. Everything from this point forward is more than likely going to be backwards compatible with previous software just like computers for the most part have always been, because lets face it these things are pretty much computers that you cannot upgrade. So even though it’s the same “platform” every generation from here on out is probably going to be able to play every old game. Which sucks for capcom because they will no longer be able to sell me 10 copies of the same damn game anymore lol. I’d imagine that if they want to make a ki2 that they’d do it on their next console regardless of “platform” and scorpio makes sense considering it’s more powerful and ki is their fighting game baby. I’m not stating any of this as fact, i just feel it im my plums!

Well to be fair, they have listened on a couple of things and changed them due to popular complaint, such as the L4 ender toggle, but they were works in progress, not a finished product like KIm is.

Sure, but that’s more like if you fire a bunch ofmissiles at Godzilla at the start of the movie and he dies. If it’s going to work, it will work right away.

1 Like

I stopped watching high level players and tournaments because far too many spend too much time complaining how a game must bend to their will, not how much fun they have using their will to bend the game.

Much more often than not, I don’t hear or see merits for competitive game design, I hear or see demands for their removal.

And due to demanding attitudes, salt has crystallized on many within the community, and as such, made it very difficult for myself to try to interact.

I will tell you I do feel bad for the couple of players that do seem to genuinely enjoy playing KI and aren’t supported because others demand it and their attitudes push others away.

As for seasons;
For the real bugs and stuff, of course wanting them fixed for sake of designed balance is preferable. In some cases, those bugs can be designed into the game, ie, Glacius’ armour glitch previously removed, as long as other additions are made to continue the intended balances, ie, S3’s mechanics almost necessitating its return.
So seasons are good for creating overhauls, one way or another.

… Never really hurt the 20 editions of SFII or 13 editions of SFIII (I just pulled those #'s outta my butt). You know what has hurt SFV??? Being an actual bad fighting game!

I do feel there should be a way to play the different seasons as they were, no different than we can different versions of the original arcade. But only completed seasons, not certain builds throughout.
There can be feelings of history for all, while the experienced can relive a bit of personal connection.

In function, being able to play S1-S3 is no different than popping SFII, Hyper SFII or SFII:HD from the same disc. It’s a fan service thing.
As for tournaments using the previous season’s build, nothing wrong with them existing BUT if the vanilla game is growing, so too must the official tournament rosters.

In short, “boys will be boys” and “that’s just how competitive scenes work” is why communities burst onto the scene but then quickly attrition.
Asking for ways to preserve and play previous builds of a yearly growing game shouldn’t be an issue, per se. Creating the interface would still require resources. Getting such an interface is icing on a cake, not the cake.

Well let’s just hope if a Godzilla dies it’s the 98 US movie version. :wink:

1 Like

pshhh! Millena has a smoking hot body. I’d hit that even with that predator looking face she has or just make her wear jagos mask :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yup. it’s the law of deminishing returns when it comes to graphics. the Forrest on Star Wars battlefront uses a new technique that render photos taken with a camera. what’s there past that? all we have left are higher frame rates with resolutions already at 4K and up. cpu will bottom out at 4 nanometer scale as the rules of the uncertainty principle come into effect.

Funny enough that’s just the way it died in that movie. A large group of missles while it was trying to cross a bridge

I liked this ending better:

I’m just going to end this thread with a

Hey Larry, you should make a LCD MingLee Emote.

there is passion here no doubt. some of these fine folks who post here will most likely be the last 4 people on earth still connected to the servers playing into 2020 ala halo 2.

1 Like

To speak to that, you can see in the difference of jago/glacius/thunder feet and ankle animation compared to combo/ kan ra/ tusk feet ankle animation. The latter look like dolls compared to the full keyframes of season 1 artistry