Why do you play Omen?

So a weird wiggly one breaking you out of combos for free isn’t lucky in the slightest?

No. Because even if they hit you the hitstun from their attack can give them a free manual because the hitstun from rashakuken is so tiny.

To be fair, if your combo got broken by a wiggler and you didn’t continue the combo, it wasn’t luck, it was your own twofold mistake. One - why did you combo with breakers on screen? Two - why didn’t you finish the combo?

I guess it is technically luck - lucky the opponent messed up. But that’s got little to do with Rasha and Omen.

1 Like

I started playing Omen for reasons I don’t even recall. As a lifelong grappler, he’s completely outside my comfort zone. I don’t know how I even wound up with my cursor over him at character select.

I stick with Omen because somehow he just kinda clicked, y’know? Rasha pressure, resource control, the nastiest mix-ups and resets… the airdashes! Oh man, I love Turbulence. He took my typical play style and turned it completely on its head, and I just can’t look back.

My (SFV) Alex has suffered, and so has my (SFIV) Hugo, but that’s okay. I’m on to smaller, wigglier, better things now.

5 Likes

You sir have made me proud to be an omen main :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love his wiggle. yep.

4 Likes

I too love the turbulence wiggle.

2 Likes

I originally started playing omen because i love his appearance which is of course how i always choose my fighting game characters. Now i think myself lucky cause his playstyle suits me so perfectly. his balanced playstyle makes him pretty well great in nearly any situation, his mixup game is beyond insane and the way he can dominate a fight with his pressure game just makes him so fun for me.

Also using shadow form to I-frame through an attack then immediately counter an otherwise unpunishable attack is just so badass

2 Likes

I defended that character the moment he came out. The only thing I wish with Omen was slight variation in some of his moves but he is a bonus character.

Also love the stances he does, like the claw one or his taunt. He has one of my favorite taunts in the game.

1 Like

What stuff would you like changed? I love his taunt too.

Most fun I ever had with a shoto ! Even though his damage is not up there with the top tier, it’s enough because he’ll have a lot more openers than his opponents. The random nature of the fireballs forces me to think on my feet and his corner pressure is fantastic. Weirdly, I played Bison in USF4 and he kind of feels similar in the way he’ll force people to the corner and keeps them there.

2 Likes

What the hell is Turbulence?

That’s the name applied to when Omen cancels his air dashes into the air dash in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

Thought it was called Shadow Form.

That’s the 3K move.

3 Likes

Its his air dash, you dash forward then press backward to immediately dash backwards = turbulence

1 Like

hey guys my first message arround here
so omen huh , well during a character crisis ( i mained wulf before season 3 ) i picked omen because he doesn’t have the love he deserve for first , and his mechanics appealed to me ( i play GG too , so airdash is a thing for me ^^) i don’t know how to play him as i want yet, but yeah he’s the most wacky-but-real-fun-to-play in the roster and i don’t see me change for a while, at least before i master him

3 Likes

I like. I wish you luck with omen sir :flushed:

thx to you good sir ^^

The reason I originally picked up Omen is kinda funny. Originally I was really bad getting into KI, struggling with trying to perform good, long combos while alternating between the various punch and kick buttons. Part of the appeal with Omen then was, “oh hey I only need to use kicks in a combo,” which combined with his additional shadow stock is why I picked him up.

It wasn’t until I got the hang of the fundamentals that I began to really love his reliance on Shadow Meter, with practically every use of shadow he has providing some useful benefit for him when used correctly. I also really enjoy how his air glide works as I love characters with an incredible degree of aerial maneuverability. Sure, his damage isn’t great but his ability to perform crazy left-right crossups with continuous jumps and shadow form is way too entertaining and chaotic.

Probably also helps that he has something of a easy-to-remember combo to use in counterbreakers and early lockouts, and he lacks a DP motion that I usually get mixed up with the fireball motion. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes