Why do you play Omen?

I recently joined this forum in order to talk about Killer instinct with people who like the game as much as I do. I notice in tournaments and in casual play, nobody really plays omen. I know that he is low tier on the tier list so I wanted to ask the Omen die hards like myself “Why do you play Omen?”.

For me, I play Omen because he embodies a factor outside of the main story. Although evil, he seems to want to gain humanity. It’s like a sentient being becomes whole. Besides the characters motif, Omen also came as a bonus. To me, this makes the character feel like an underdog, I like underdogs. I yarn for the day that an Omen MAIN will rise up and beat these of characters. (Maybe osomatsu?) If anyone mains Omen like I do, please get into detail. I’d like to know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is no low tier. He has one of the scariest(if not the best) corner preassure of the cast.

I play him because I find his gameplay unique and his connection to Gargos

I love evil characters

10 Likes

i love him for everything love his rashakuken check this video

1 Like

Right. I think people shun him because he looks and moves funny. It seems not a ■■■■ was given the day he was being modelled and animated .

2 Likes

I play omen for fireball pressure, using shadow form in the middle of block strings, and I LOVE demonic despair. :imp:

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for characters that are difficult to use either because they’re low-tier or have complex move sets. It’s the same thing that drew me towards maining Spy and making Sniper my secondary in TF2. I simply appreciate the challenge and specialization required to use certain characters. That’s why I favor Kan-Ra and Omen in KI.

Characters like Jago and Sabrewulf bore me - nothing against the characters themselves, it’s just their inherent “vanilla” status that turns me away.

3 Likes

I play Omen because:

1. He just connects with my preference of Black metal/ Death Metal style music and lyrical themes.
  2. I just like evil type entertainment…horror movie and I collect Michael Myers masks/memorabilia
  3. I too like the underdog
  4. This is probably the main reason…I did not get KI until Xmas 2014, and Omen was the 1st character release with trailer and IG live stream that I was able to see live. the entire hype of the teaser photo, the trailer tease, then the eventual release of the trailer and then the live stream… it was just so entertaining and hype. I was hooked!
  5. His archetype: Speed, air control, projectiles, and easy manuals

Before Omen I was a Fulgore and TJ main…with a really good Jago.

5 Likes

I have a pocket Omen. All I can say is Demonic Despair resets are just too much fun.

5 Likes

I like everything about Omen. Amazing normals, nearly unlimited meter and crazy mixups/resets with shadow form? Sign me up.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot…3 Shadow meters! You cant beat that!

1 Like

Oh I agree he’s top 3 in the corner.

Solid. I like the gameplay. Keep playing with him bro.

I think is because he was added in as a guest. I want him to get the same love now!

I cannot wait for turbulence!

BRO same here! I got my xbox xmas 2014 then saw his trailer. I knew I had to play him!

1 Like

I like omen Because he is the only character that relies 100% on you being better than your opponent.

You cant “get lucky” with omen. He just doesnt have enough damage. To win, you HAVE to be consistent about opening up your opponent. And he has ALL the best tools to do that. Good Counter hit set ups, unpredictability, crossups, frame traps, tick throws (That you can get a full combo after), Ability to lock out your opponents meter to avoid a counter strategy, and finally: TELEPORTS. the teleports are ONLY good if you use them PERFECTLY. You can win a game just from telport openers if you know your opponent well enough. But all of these strategies mean nothing if you cant use them correctly. I feel like Omen is the highest tier character, but if you make 1 mistake while playing him, things can get BAD for you.

4 Likes

I agree. He has so much potential. Even at the state he’s in now, I so think he can compete with the entire cast.

In season 3, i will be able to confirm off of fireballs, Gain more meter after using it, and bait my opponents into anti-air’ing. Omen will be TOP tier, and i will rise to the top 32 with one hand tied behind my back.

1 Like

More like hours upon hours sitting around playing ranked. XD

1 Like

because he’s going to be top tier in season 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like