Why do you play Omen?

They nerfed omen again wtf :rage:

Omen will be fine. Demonic despair is not the crux of a successful omen. Plus you can still punish bad grabs and command grabs.

1 Like

DD is a novelty, it shouldnā€™t really be part of your successful strategy. Anyway, the change to potential damage makes DD much more powerful and scary.

2 Likes

Iā€™m unhappy with DD no longer being strike-invincible but with the changes to PD it REALLY needed a nerf in some form. But as others have stated before, DD isnā€™t supposed to be the focus of Omenā€™s strategy. With the change to PD though, DD is now VERY scary if he does get it off.

1 Like

Not reallyā€¦ you didnt even notice the change when he was fully invulnerable unless you were using DD as a yolo move.
If you are an Omen player that just YOLOs demonic despair because it was fully invincible on start upā€¦wellā€¦your arent going to be a very good Omen.

Everyone got a buff with the PD changesā€¦ so you have to look at it as in if Omen hits the DDā€¦ well chances are much greater that if you get a combo in and they break it on the first break point you still have 50% PD to cash out. Before you lost EVERYTHING! ALL 3 shadow bars and 100% of the potential damage. Now you basically get 2 chances to cash it out.

This isnt near as bad as the Throw nerf we received a few patches ago.

2 Likes

I picked him up because I got him in the Random Character Tournament, andā€¦while he didnā€™t leave the best first impression in seadon 2 Iā€™m starting to like him.

I do have to say though itā€™s a bit of a blow to have just picked him up and spend some time figuring out when best to hit DD, only to find out it got nerfed back to a good chunck of why I never picked him up in the first placeā€¦not that Iā€™m struggling without it. It was a good ā€œyouā€™ll regret all that hovering over meā€ move.

2 Likes

Or if you were using it as a reaction to said ā€œyoloā€ moves, like wake-up EX.Windkick. Iā€™m gonna miss reacting to various forward-moving super-freezes, myself, but w/ the PD changes this was totally necessary. And I imagine once in the bluest of moons some sorry chump will still forget to tap up in the eternity before the grab comes out, so itā€™s all good. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll all land at least one more Despair.

Really gonna miss it, though.

Definitely better than the throw nerf. I miss corner leg loopsā€¦

1 Like

I love this new change because nothing sucks more than hitting DD, then chasing your opponent down, opening them up and they first frame break!. you lost 3 bars, 100%PD and all that work.

I remember when I wasnā€™t aware that a breaker gave 100% PD back and I was like WTF just happened?? Thats BS!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Its a bug!!!
LOLOLOLOLOL

3 Likes

Iā€™m totally with you. DD is a weird move that I donā€™t think was ever supposed to be pivotal to his gameplan, and I thought it was really interesting that they gave it invincibility (thus utility beyond just punishing whiffed command grabs) at all. Itā€™s definitely more of a ā€œgimmick,ā€ type of tool, and now itā€™s gonna be hella difficult to land but if and when it does, weā€™ve got a pretty solid shot at capitalizing on it.

Personally, Iā€™m gonna have to learn how to use it anew - Iā€™ve only ever played it w/ invincibility, so I have to completely unlearn how to use it, and modify my whole mentality about landing it. Apart from the combo system, risk mitigation is really important to how I (strive to) structure my play, so itā€™s to the lab for sciencing itā€™s range, what it can punish on whiff, and how to go about setting up such punishes. Most importantly, can it be karaā€™d? If so, how?

Blahblahblah. This update needs to happen!

the one and only way to use it that is a guarantee hit 99% of the timeā€¦Forward HP swipes on block canceled into Demonic Despair.
This is the only time i use itā€¦yes it could be shadow countered and yes a really high level player might have the whits to hold up.

But Ive never missed it becasue players dont expect it becasue no one ever uses it in high play.

3 Likes

Why do I play Omen?
Heā€™s better than Kan-Raā€¦ :sweat:

Lol I never used it for ā€œYOLOā€ purposes I used for a legit punish whenever I caught my opponents slipping I even got a Montage to back it up lol. All Iā€™m saying is that DD came in handy a lot more when it was strike invulnerable cause it was so free to beat him out of it not to mention his light orda shield could easily be crouched and punished.

1 Like

I was saying in another thread I honestly think it would have been better to keep the execution of the move as is but reduce the PD that it causes, so that it still works mostly as it has been but plays nice with the new PD changes. I mean having 50% damage that lingers and can only be reduced to 25% by a breaker would still have about the same impact as what it does now, at least I think so.

1 Like

While I donā€™t necessarily disagree - itā€™s nice having a reliable punish to crazy stuff coming at you, and I like the prospect of NOT having to completely relearn how to use one move that I only very rarely use anyway - I donā€™t think Omen players are supposed to worry too much about seriously applying DD to their ā€œeverydayā€ gameplan. Sort of like Dan comboing off of his cr.Taunt - it was possible, but it wasnā€™t pivotal, more of a style thing. Iā€™m not saying weā€™re not supposed to use DD, but if it has to be super difficult to land in order to keep the wow-factor of 100% PD, thatā€™s not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes wow-factor for the sake of it is okay, so long as it isnā€™t ā€œwow, thatā€™s brokenā€.

I will miss it, but I donā€™t think Omen will suffer for it.

2 Likes

i played shago a lot i decide to play omen. he is amazing but his combo damage really really low but rashakuken really good opener if you have impatience rival. besides of that i have a lot interest with trickster spirits omen reminds me hoji from shadow warrior 2013 video game. omenā€™s walking and movements really enjoyable for me i love the animations.

3 Likes