Why are people so sensitive about Ultras?

You’re going to get yourself thrown in KI jail, bro.

The way I see it Ultra’s are trivial in execution, as such they’re not impressive for the player doing them or the player receiving them. They are a literal waste of time for both players.

Personally they don’t bother me, it’s quick to see someone who is going for a long one, the beauty of KI on PC is I swap to my second monitor and fill that wasted time up with something else. But don’t fool yourself into thinking that a full ultra is anything but a waste of time.

When it comes down to it they are a cry for attention. The player doing it wants you to recognize them. I’m sure there are various reasons these people are crying for attention but there’s no doubt that that’s what it is. They can claim it’s for “fun”, but that argument pretty much holds no water when you consider how simplistic and trivial they are to execute.

1 Like

Who are you even replying to? I thought this thread would be locked already.

Obviously I love Ultras but if I happen to not like you, then you’re getting teabagged, taunted and triple ultra’d.

Someone please shut this thread down.

This i think is also one of the issues that gets overlooked. People just mash heavy double into heavy linker nonstop which honestly can’t be fun for the person performing them. If people were actually doing fun, interesting, and entertaining things during their ultras then maybe it wouldn’t be such a waste of time. I’m reminded of grimmmz old Jago ultras, those were fun, short, and entertaining as heck, i could watch myself get hit by those hundreds of times without getting bored.

1 Like

That would make no sense - the game has finished - it has already logged who won and lost. Why would this be punished but T Bagging is fine? Makes no logical sense.

Yeah I loved the multiple ultra ender juggles we had with jago, glacius, etc. Those were fun to watch, they required skill and practice, and they didn’t take up half of my day lol

Actually, there is no reprimand for rage quitting after an Ultra is initiated, aside from fostering the ill will that typically comes with rage-quitting.

The game keeps track of premature connection loss. If a player continually quits early, eventually, it’ll catch up with them. By all means, terminate the program as much as you want. I’m just telling you the potential consequences.

Copy-pasting from another thread since it’s applicable here.

As for the Ultras/Multi Ultras/No Ultras debate, this isn’t the first time the discussion has come up and I can almost guarantee it won’t be the last. Both those who like multiple Ultras and those who want Ultras to be ended immediately or restricted to one have valid opinions, but there isn’t a way for the system to force behavior in such a way as to make both sides happy.

I personally enjoy performing full Ultras because I feel they’re stylish (though I make no claims to being the one to make the style happen); I will sometimes roll a full Ultra alone, sometimes a full Ultra/cance/Stage Ultra, sometimes a full Ultra, recapture, Ultra Ender. It depends on a lot of things, but in my case it stems from “would this look cool,” versus “take that, I win.”

I also only do that when playing against someone truly random or by mutual agreement; friendly matches/sets with a real life/Xbox Live or forum friend I always Ultra Ender immediately because I’m more interested in the banter and getting to the next match.

I suppose the best advice I can give is to know your opponent, or at least acknowledge that your choice of Ultra can affect them in a negative way; if you’re the one being Ultra’d, it’s also worth noting that the extra/stylish Ultras are within the winner’s right to do.

That doesn’t mean that you can’t be frustrated, annoyed, or upset about it, but you don’t have control over what they’re going to do. If you’re playing with friends, let them know you would prefer not to play with full ultras or multiple ultras; it’s a perfectly reasonable request.

As for the computer performing full Ultras, I have no knowledge of programming and don’t know whether it’s possible to program something like Ultra into immediate Ultra Ender; I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Who knows, maybe even another toggle?

I think the main point that both sides of the discussion need to understand is that neither opinion is more important than the other, and while communication between two players is a simple, easy way to find a proper middle ground on this topic there isn’t a simple way to do so programmatically because there’s no way for both sides to end up fully happy with the results.

4 Likes

I stand corrected, then.

1 Like

Again, don’t care if they don’t watch. They would still have to wait for me to finish the triple ultra if they don’t plan on quitting. Even if I don’t get a reaction out of them, its still a personal satisfactory for me.

Besides, unless ultimate’s become an option for everyone, I will continue to use the triple ultra.

1 Like

Here is what I don’t understand. This also goes beyond KI. Why do people do all sorts of jerk like things, and then get upset or try to justify it when someone calls them out on the behavior? If players want to do 3x ultras, then that is fine, but don’t acted shocked when someone calls you a jerk for doing something unnecessary. I have not seen a single post from someone that does 3x ultras, and did it for any other reason than to be a jerk.

If some of you want to be known as D-bag players, then that is your right. Now, I on the other hand would rather be known as a respectful player that others would like to play.

4 Likes

You mean it’s not allowed to simply enjoy the opportunity presented to you? It has to be specifically used for malicious behavior?

There is no real black & white, malicious or chivalrous answer to why people in general want to/don’t want to triple Ultra. There may be some that are doing it simply because they beat you and want to rub it in your face. Others just want to enjoy what’s given to them. But IMHO labeling everyone that plays the game in a way you don’t like a jerk does no one any good. I mean honestly that would be no different than labeling anyone that mains Shago an a-hole. Just because someone declares that about Shago players, does it become true? No of course not. Are there Shago players that are A-holes? Of course there are, but not all of them. Now what if someone declared that you are required every time to send a courteous GG message to your opponent post-match and if you don’t you’re a D-bag…does that make you disrespectful because you would rather get on with the next fight?

Anyway, my point is, can we please lay off the assertion that anyone & everyone that enjoys performing full ultras is purposefully trying to maliciously t-bag their opponent in the life-clock? It’s simply not true.

1 Like

I will give you that some do the 3x ultra because they like it, but it is used alot as a payback response from a lot of players.

If a player puts real style into the 3x ultra, then I don’t mind it at all, but most just hit the same heavy auto double until they restart the ultra.

There is another reason. It is called more xp and fight challenges.

I get that you get more xp, but it is just 50 xp. The 500 Xp that you would get from extra ultras would take more time than just doing another match. The one extra match would get you 2000 - 3000. In the long run, dragging out matches will end up costing you more time.

2 Likes

You also get more fight challenges which are worth a decent amount of xp as well.

Turns out you get the XP for initiating the ultra and you get it once per match. So canceling the ultra right away still works, and there is no point in doing multiple ultras. But even if there was, it’s simple to ultra, instinct cancel, ultra, ultra cancel.

2 Likes

If only there was an option to initiate a matchmaking search immediately once an Ultra has begun. :cry:

2 Likes