Where would you like to see the story go in season 3?

well he killed Sadira in season 2. She’s returning the favor :innocent:

1 Like

So true. But I hate Sadira because she’s too tough for me…

I don’t want you argue with Wanda about vampire gender… We should waiting until they reveal Vampire’s gender. Please

1 Like

I’m agree with you! I want Vampire as male too! But I don’t want someone agrue with you about Vampire’s gender.

1 Like

@M00NLightNinja @KevBones10

Im not gonna argue my lovely people.

That’s my story up there! Id love to hear eveyone else’s too.

Hope eveyone enjoyed :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

I’d like to see season 3 conclude with Gargos getting the upper hand against Ultra Tech and ending with ARIA realising she needs to join forces with Orchid and Co in order to beat him. In season 4 (assuming they make one) it will focus on this alliance. ARIA could even awaken Eyedol to fight fire with fire against Gargos in the 4th season, and at least that way their will still be a classic character to include in a future season after 3. The conclusion of season 4 will end with the new alliance beating Gargos but leading to Eyedol being corrupted and turning on ARIA causing havoc across the world by awakening more of his army from ancient times.

2 Likes

I actually had something similar in mind. I was thinking that the end of S3 will make it so Gargos is still around and causing trouble, and then somehow (maybe Aria like you said) Eyedol makes his return which leads to a huge all out war between Gargos and his forces and Eyedol and his. Then Ultratech and the heroes (aligned with each other or not) are struggling to figure out what the best course of action is, because whoever wins between those two, they still lose lol

2 Likes

What I want from S3 story mode…A well written story??

JK just remembered its a fighting game :boom:

• Sabrewulf gaining an archrival in a vampire
  • Fulgore goes rogue
  • Jago fights against Gargos’ evil
  • Sadira joining Gargos
1 Like

I can definitely see why some expect little to nothing from a fighting game story, especially give that the premise of most fighting games is a fighting tournament and a lot of stories revolve around this guy wanting to be the best and that girl wanting revenge for this or that and this guy is trying to find that guy and ninja and army guy etc etc.

I just don’t think it has to be that way and I think MS and IG are doing well on the narrative end to tell a cohesive story and provide a lot of details on the characters in KI. I honestly love these weekly backgrounds.

So in that sense, I’m curious where their efforts will take the characters and the story next. I’m not expecting a Shakespearen tragedy from wolf men, robots and dinosaurs, but I respect the quality and the imagination with which these characters are being brought to life and the well crafted world they’re functioning in.

It’s still my dream to play a fighting game that really tackles a complex array of human emotions and storytelling themes, plotting and ideas. That likely sounds crazy to most people, but if The Last of Us can be a grim, intriguing character study set in the tired trappings of a zombie apocalypse survival horror motif, I see no reason why there can’t be a compelling narrative containing multi-dimensional characters and complex themes in a game set in the flimsy packaging of an Enter the Dragon homage (as most fighters tend to be inspired by in some small way).

I don’t expect this from KI or really any FG currently on the market, but I’d love to see it in the future.

Make it happen, MS? :slightly_smiling:

Anyways, I’ll post what I’d like to see happen in season 3 later. I’ve loved reading people’s ideas so far! Hopefully I haven’t killed my own thread with all that babbling lol. Sorry!

1 Like

I mean, that’s kind of hard to say since the story will revolve mostly around the cast for season 3.

To be honest, since we have already seen the limitations of a story mode due to budgets, I would be satisfied with additional walls of text for endings. At least, it’s official lore you can dissect later.

As far as season 3 goes, I think I’d like to see the following:

Sadira

Left for dead, she turns on ARIA and sides with Gargos, as Omen implored her to do. But in secret, she forms cabal with a sentient Fulgore unit, a first generation Riptor which she’s tamed and a new character from season 3. She also quietly rallies the Red Eyes of Rylai to her cause. Unlike the good guys, she doesn’t want to destroy Ultratech, she wants topple ARIA and Cinder and run it herself while quietly searching for ways to banish Gargos from the world.

Thunder

He finally rescues Eagle (who is a hidden playable character in season 3) from the Ultratech labs and takes him home to their village. Leaving him in the care of the elders, he goes off with Aganos to help him fight Kan Ra. Thunder’s not aware though that Eagle has been brainwashed by Ultratech, Thunder’s brother is “activated” and he goes on a rampage. Thunder must go home and confront the brother that he rescued, and either save him from himself, or put an end to him. Does Eagle have any humanity left, or is he merely a puppet of Ultratech now?

Maya

Upon ARIA’s withdrawal of her forces, Maya plans an attack on Ultratech headquarters. Gargos arrival interrupts her plans though, and the realization that her sister Mira, who died, was carried through space and time by Gargos and reanimated as a shadow lord; one of his most trusted lieutenants. It’s Mira’s job to hunt down and kill the dissidents led by Maya, leading to a final showdown between the two sisters.

Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf’s search for a cure is interrupted by a showdown with a new vampire/demon hunter character in season 3. Having never been the prey though, Sabrewulf gets a new perspective on what his disease and subsequent addiction has done to those he’s preyed upon. This realization hits as he’s about to kill the hunter and he relents immediately and completely, which changes him back to human for the first time in several months; a transformation he’d once thought permanent. Having been spared from certain death, the hunter resolves to help Sabrewulf find a cure; the first time Sabrewulf’s ever had an ally in battling his disease. This ultimately results in giving players a human Sabrewulf skin. That hunters name is Tusk.

Fulgore

When the link to the hive mind is severed, all Fulgore units go offline except for one. This unit gains sentience; the freedom of Eagle’s mind without the restrictions of coded servitude. All other Fulgore units are brought back up with a new simulation of Eagle’s brain activity, but this Fulgore unit breaks off from his current objective and abandons Ultratech entirely. He seeks out Sadira and communicates his need for revenge on the being that brought him in to the world and controlled him him known as ARIA. In him, she sees an ally with similar goals, but unbeknownst to her, Fulgore aims not only to destroy ARIA, but to free his brethren and build his own army.

Hmm… well, I could keep going here, but it’d probably be a while lol. Suffice to day, I’m curious where each character will end up in season 3. I hope that older characters tie in with newer ones, that alliances are formed and broken, old rivalries resolved and new ones created, that there’s plenty of betrayal and revelations, twists and turns, and who knows, maybe even a little romance (Jago + Kim Wu plz! :slightly_smiling:).

Maya names Glacius honorary Night Guardian. Everyboy dances in celebration.

Whether or not you meant this as a joke, I would honestly be completely up for this happening. Glacius and Maya are both warriors for their kind, and I think if she extended this honor to him, it would be a good way to begin paving the way for relations between our people and his. ;w; (And of course, Glacius’ people do have an appreciation for dance as confirmed by @TempusChaoti back in one of the old forum threads, so celebrating it in that way isn’t all that much of a stretch either!)

It also highlights something I would really like to see in Season 3: a temporary alliance of Glacius with the good-aligned character to fight off Gargos’ impending invasion. I wouldn’t even be opposed to seeing them forge a temporary alliance with Ultratech just to drive home what a powerful threat Gargos really is, to make the situation feel dire. It’s not even all that much of a stretch for either side; maybe ARIA starts fighting Gargos with the forces that she has but ultimately realizes that it’s not going to be enough, and thus to protect humanity she decides to ally herself with the others. Similarly, when Glacius sees Gargos descending on earth he realizes that this being posses a danger not only to this world, but to every other world as well, and thus decides to join forces with the other characters to ensure the safety of the galaxy like a good intergalactic marshal would do!

I have a lot of other thoughts on the story but it would take a looong time to type out everything I would like to see. In the end I’ll be happy if each character is challenged in some way but comes to a worthwhile or satisfying resolution.

WOW! that was great…I didnt want it to end! lol

1 Like

Thanks man, much appreciated! I didn’t want to get tooooo long winded, so I just ended there. :slightly_smiling:

That said, I suppose being long winded has never stopped me before, so maybe I’ll post a few more soon!

1 Like

I’d rather they not make another story. It’s not even a decent story and the way it’s presented should be radically changed. If achievement rarity were ever added to the Xbox I bet plenty of people have completed every single characters story mode. It’s just not fun. It’s basically MK’s ladder mode but with a slide show added in for each character. They should just hold off on the story and save it for the next game when they can add a real story mode, not just a glorified ladder mode.

The way it is right now, not even hardcore KI fans on here know a thing about the story. Just the other day someone posted on whether or not Fulgore was sentient, the story ladder for Fulgore pretty much explained whether or not he did yet people on here still didn’t know, not only that but people still are confused on what’s cannon or not. If anything the current story elements in the game seem to have confused players more than explain anything. Most of the real story/lore/origins come from individual character blog posts on here which is pretty sad when you think about it. It’s comparable to destiny, where you have to look elsewhere to get real knowledge of a characters background because the game sure as heck doesn’t explain anyone’s origin. There is a reason why KI had 7’s for reviews and part of that was the terrible story presentation. Instead of increasing that score they seem to want to keep on getting that 7 by putting out the same story elements.

I’d rather they skip it and work on other stuff until they can make appropriate work on it instead of try to stretch a dollar and squeeze content. See Omen for similar results.