What's your opinion of Shago?

Well that explains a lot, then!

Still though, Sadira’s shadow Demon Blade is not throw invincible and it also beats this move, so it’s at least slower than 2+2 (4f) after the freeze. In fact, it might be exactly 5f because it seems to catch jab if I mash it during the freeze.

This would be easy to test if I recorded a local vs match and did frame stepping, but I’m too tired to do that right now, heh.

I can’t wait to watch Hisako snatch the black from the sky with her grimey little fingers. :sunglasses:

really freaking fun to play…but just as hard to win

Well I don’t own him So I can’t say much, but here’s what I think so far (as of fighting over 15 Shagos)

what I like :
He has a very unique fighting style, it’s not too new Seeing how he is a dark manifestation of Jago But still has his own move set and skills to set him apart.

Musical Ultra Sounds very cool on most stages.

Shadow Jago other colors look really cool.

He’s flashy to look at, witch is okay

Has started the Ultimate combo finishes (I’m sure everyone is getting a ultimate)

What I dislike:

His move set gives him options over most if not all other fighters.

Most moves after Surged Rests too fast.

Over head and be looped a lot, easy to bait to.

because there’s no scaling in the game, his damage out put is the highest in the game.

Ultimate combo has two uses, as a finisher, then again as a Super attack. (deals over 30% damage)

fire balls are spam able and extramural safe… I.E cheap.

I like Shago I really do, but he’s makes the game a pain for me fighting him.

I get that alot with my hisako, whom wish i coUld
add for a third shadow.

Does anyone think they couldve at least introduCed a new stage?

I just got the ulamate pin edtion code today witch is good because I only had Jago, Saberwulf and glaicsh to play with/(found it at a good price)

but when it comes to hisako match ups, what are the odds?

Wait what? Shago is one of the weaker hitting characters in the game. People are already complaining and asking for damage buffs.

not with the damage i’ve been getting.

I lose ■■■■ tons of heath when I fight him, It could be due to all of the rapid surges, but got damn makes me scared to go for a braker getting a counter braker hit on your from him your losing a lot of health.

P.s I’m not calling for a Damage nerf. (nerfs takes away buffs gives)

I’m liking him so far. But I’d like to see a simpler input for the dp to make it easier to deal with cross ups and consistently hit the ultra.

What about If you Drop a lockout Combo, then Instinct Cancel to Annihilation? Does that work, or is it still jumpable?

1. Shadow Tiger Lair IS Shajo’s stage. If you beat him, you unlocked it for play… But that wasn’t happening as much as liked, SO, Omen helped allow the game to have the STL for all.

If someone needs a unique stage, it’s Omen, not Shago!!!

1. Shago doesn’t have a safe command move because all of his Normals can be cancelled by one of his main combo opening and recapturing tools, the Dark Reckoning. It’s rarely safe as a raw combo but very powerful for anti-hits into captures.

2. You want damage?
    You have to use dashing moves and Dark Reckoning. Using him like Jago+Orchid WON’T up damage and all of those moves are quite recognizable to break.
    Juggle and recapture combos are the heavy hitters.
    You can get 45-48% off 16-19 hit combo chains involving a lot of guessing on your opponent’s side with dashing uppercuts, a Reckoning and ending with the Shadow Uppercut.
    (Remembering that throw-Openers help to start high damage combos)

3. Love the Hayabusa feel to him. It may be a 2D fighter but the playstyle is the same; smoke and mirror movement with 50/50 mixup openers that can lead to devastating damage… Nearly 100% risk, nearly 100% reward!

As it is a grab it won’t hit someone in hit or block stun. As such the opponent has to return to neutral and will thus always be able to escape.

ah ******* DOA ninja play style… my one weekness… but thinks for the info, when he comes out I’ll try it but get it broken like 80% of the time because veryone else who uses him well see it coming lawl.

Also what would Omen’s stage would look like?

Other then that, and what I said above I have no real problems with Shago.

I really love the look and play style of the character, might just be my favourite. I would have liked him to have a few more unique normals and some different auto-double animations though.

It’s a real shame he doesn’t have any accesories, that his character select doesn’t have any audio, that his survival mode art isn’t his concept art and that he doesn’t have that many sword attacks.

At least they put him in survival. Wasn’t sure if he was going to be

Has anyone fought boss Shago since the update? Did he also get changed or is still the same?

I thought they “technically” removed boss Shago from the game… :sweat:

After playing him for a while, I’ve decided I really like Real Boy Shadow Jago. The gameplay is fun, his visuals are flashy, his colors are appealing, his Ultra is one of the best…
I hear can be difficult to master, but he’s just so fun.