What's your opinion of Shago?

He’s pretty cool. Still waiting on tusk…That’s all.

I think it’s OK. The person is dead before they even hit the floor, so I don’t think they could scream. Plus:

Sword + Skin = Slicey sound. :slight_smile:

The last slash on the ultimate should have a more powerful animation (and sound meatier), atm it’s a really underwhelming finish to his ultimate imo.

He looks pretty good…if only my game would update :angry:

I think he’s underwhelming overall, he doesn’t have the payouts other characters do when you play as him and his inputs can be… awkward. A lot of this character can be dependent on juggles but his juggles don’t do the damage to compete with other characters. He doesn’t really zone well either.

There’s no sound when you select him on the character select screen either… :expressionless:

I think you misunderstand what I meant.

Basically, I’m talking about blending audio into subtle “mixtures” and creating a unique type of noise. What I meant for the last slash is basically the sound to have a sort of resonance noise from when you make an impact against metal. Blending that slicing, resonating sound with what is a like a very subtle blend to a screech of some kind. I didn’t mean the actual opponent screams.

It’s an audio trick someone I know in film school told me about. Kind of how if you can make flames burn and crackle with an audio mix that blends with a tiger’s roar. That sounds scary, and it has some bass to it.

But I’m no audio expert, my degree isn’t in that field.

I’d love to give an opinion, but i dont have the update yet…

I don’t like him. I don’t care for alternate versions of characters, especially ones like “SUPREME AWAKENED DARK DEATH GOD RAGING CHAOS DARKNESS SHADOW SUPER DUPER DING DONG JAGO NO HADOU LV99999”

It would be cool to have a cute girl character in the game to contrast that nonsense and be the literal opposite of him so that Shago players can get extra salty when they lose to her. Maybe Kim Wu will fill this niche.

1 Like

Kim Wu = Asian school girl?

I can understand if he was a shoto but Shago has a pretty unique moveset. But that’s just personal preference.

Hmmm doesn’t seem like you’ve had much playtime with him and your dislike seems to be simply because he looks like Jago. I haven’t played with him at all, but if I had, I would provide a gameplay reason for not liking him, because his moveset and strategy is definitely different from regular Jago. This being said, have you played with him in the game? If yes, what do you dislike about him? and if no, well why are you hating without trying?

1 Like

I don’t play characters like him so I can’t really comment on how he plays. I can only comment on his aesthetics.

Anyone else think the instinct grab is too easy to land? I have like a 90% success rate landing it. How fast is that thing because I’ve gotten people that were clearly in the start up frames of something that should have hit me?

He’s fun, but people need to take a freaking chill pill when playing him. All people seem to do right now is mash dive kicks and slide like it’s going out of style. It’s gotten to the point where I’m just mashing standing mk against them. Slide kick is way safer than it needs to be, and dive kicks are mostly an annoyance factor.

As for his Instinct command grab, Annihilation, all you have to do is think of it like Akuma’s Raging Demon from Street Fighter; it’s gonna be hard to land on anything but punishes, but it does the damage when it does… though really tether seems way too valuable to just waste your instinct on a punish grab.

1 Like

Shago looks awesome, love his movesets, like his ultra, love his ulimate EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE LANDING SPOT OF THE ENDING SLASH IS TOTALY OFF AND BUGGS THA ■■■■ OUT OF ME! Also im quite uppset that no other chars are getting ultimates :frowning: , makes the game look allitle less complete… again…

Slide is -5, -7, and -9 for light, medium, and heavy. I’ve tested the punishes myself, you can punish light slide with a light attack. The punish for medium and heavy slide have to be fairly quick, but if you always use a light attack you should be more than fine. Surge slide is -2, so it’s safe (but not good) on block.

Regular dive kicks are horribly unsafe on block (frame data says -25, you can certainly walk forward and hit a heavy button). Surge divekick is very good, though, yes. Frame data says +8 on block (!) and it looks to be the case with the basic “jump test” (record dummy doing the move and holding up; you block it and hold up yourself, then eyeball who is jumping first and by how much). But I think surge divekick needs to be this good because of how hard it is to hit people with it. It’s got a really narrow hitbox, you have to pick the right strength, it doesn’t hit people holding up if you try to use it in pressure, it can probably be reaction DPed if you’re on point, etc.

And yeah, Annihilation is not a good move to use “randomly” in neutral. You can jump it on reaction, of course (it is not 0 after the freeze), but it’s even worse than that, because most characters will have a throw invincible move they can use to start a combo. Most fast shadows will hit it during startup after the freeze (for example, Shago shadow slide, despite not being throw invincible, beats it clean even from super point blank range). Pretty good as a punish to DP, a whiff punish, or reacting to a throw during instinct freeze, but not good for much else IMO.

1 Like

Shadow slide IS throw invulnerable.