What justifies his damage output?

I have never understood the hate toward the character. I have people online kick me for playing him, or telling me to use a different character despite the fact I have never told someone who they can or cannot play. He is literally one of, if not the easiest, characters to fight against in the game.

1 Like

Personally I like the grape-flavored Glacius myself.

ā€¦Iā€™ll see my way out.

3 Likes

I feel your pain, I get regularly reported for using Sadiraā€¦ so people just gonna hate.

but if we talk about mira peoples are gonna begin to **** blah blah blah ā€œshe lost lifeā€ lomfao we are not responsible if they chose to make her lost life and deal that much non sense damage.

I agree with Mira,thunder,tusk and kim wu, they are all free damager.

But spinal and wulf and aganos deserve it to be clean against all the cast.
Spinal not that easy to use
wulf struggles against zoners
aganos he definitely deserve it

The problem with glacius isnā€™t his damages but his unpunishable spamming cold shoulder that most characters canā€™t punish. he should be like jago wind kick " punishable by all the cast"
otherwhise hes fine like that.

The thing is that there are ways to punish it. The thing is that it deals minimum chip damage. If you donā€™t feel confident to challenge a spammy Glaciusā€¦ donā€™t do it! Crouch block until he does something different(walks for a throw, normal into cold shoulder which is shadow counterable, reactable hail or shatterā€¦)

If you get hit by a spammy glacius, if you have a problem with this strategy, it only screams that you are super impatient. Which is a super bad quality

1 Like

I have no dog in this game. But I speculate that the difference between Mira and Glacius would be that Miraā€™s cost for having such access to damage is much clearer to see. In other words itā€™s easier to see her weaknesses than it is to see glacius weaknesses.

2 Likes

I havent suggested an outright NERF. I only chimed in on the OP with my experience that it feels that no matter what you do against Glacius, in the end if he catches you with 1 combo in a match were you have the upper handā€¦1 slip up and you are done. For a character that is so hard to get in on with his range and protection (hail, DP and armor) and finally get in to make 1 wrong move and eat 40-60 is tough pill to swallow.
I can agree I think he hits a tad bit too hard without calling Keits for NERFS. A 100 ppl on here can agree but that doesnt mean anything has to change.

Except itā€™s disingenuous to say it as such. If Glacius catches you at close range, then yes heā€™s going to hurt you, but heā€™s not going to end you with one slip up. Now if he opens you up and you lock out, well thatā€™s really two things isnā€™t it. Again, he really isnā€™t all that difficult to get in on for most characters. By your own admission, youā€™ve opened him up three times to his one. Clearly, it has been more difficult for him to catch you, then you catch him. Even if there is some difficulty getting in, hail is the equivalent of a gnat bite. It literally takes fifty hails to deplete a life bar, and in the Omen specific matchup, his random projectiles negate most of hailā€™s effectiveness anyway.

2 Likes

If you ask me, Iā€™d say a lot of the issue you see with Glacius is that his shadow moves arenā€™tā€¦hmm, how to put itā€¦they donā€™t have a lot of good uses that canā€™t be handled almost as well with just his normal specials, and as such Glacius players tend to hold onto that meter and just wait for a lockout to shadow shoulder you to death, so you see a lot of damage rack up very quickly. Other characters can output just as much damage, but often times they use meter for stuff like setups and traps that donā€™t do as much raw damage but can still keep the opponent under thumb such as Miraā€™s shadow bats, or Jagoā€™s juggle-able shado Endo, or Gargosā€™s minions.

Personally, if I have it, I prefer not to use two full stocks of Shadow in combo. Inside certain ranges, Glacius faces a lot of pressure, so I use it for shadow countering quite often. In addition, shadow cold shoulder is my only projectile invulnerable option, so there is that. Shadow hail is great for preventing cross ups or special canceling, so itā€™s an effective use of meter. Shadow puddle punch is near useless; I donā€™t touch it in most matches.

Actually, the difference between Miraā€™s lockout combos with or without meter is pretty small.

Unless if Iā€™m going for a kill, i would never spend meter during a combo for Mira (unless for shadow bats)

yeaaaaahā€¦but regular hail does almost as good of a job, especially if you can plan ahead.

Also shadow cold shoulder isnā€™t his only way around projectilesā€¦ KKK puddle works too to an extent, definitely if heā€™s in instinct.

Anyway, Iā€™m just saying from my own experience I always seem to have meter to burn when it comes to combos, and on lock-out Iā€™ll definitely cash it in on damage.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I donā€™t see any need for Glacius to change, but I can see how from an outside POV that it may look like he just wrecks people, and IMHO it may in part have to do with players holding onto shadow because of the above mentioned reasons and just converting a good deal of it straight to post-lockout damage.

Instinct is at most 30 seconds of an entire match. Outside of that, liquidize is fine and all, but you arenā€™t going to punish with it and in the wrong situation only opens you up. Shadow hail is quicker, covers more space over your head, works great against rushing opponents, and can be cancelled into to make certain attacks safe.

The problem is your point is just based on your frustration. I think the Omen matchup is a bad one for Glacius and I find it a very frustrating fight. I can draw you up a bunch of scenarios that aggravate me (why does omen get a free combo off a throw?) and list a bunch of things about the matchup that go Omenā€™s favor, but nothing about Omen is broken and Iā€™m not calling for Omen nerfs. So whatā€™s the point? After a while itā€™s all just a contest of who can downplay their character the most and exaggerate their opponentā€™s strength. Just to pretend that their victories are earned and their losses are because of how unfair the game is.

If people are calling for ā€œjust a little tweekā€ to Glaciusā€™s damage then that tells me itā€™s not broken. If we all started lobbying to ā€œtweekā€ everything we didnā€™t like, or that frustrates us we will just see an ever changing game that never satisfies anyone.

I want the devs to fix truly broken and unfair/inconsistent mechanics. I donā€™t think constantly raising or lower peopleā€™s damage by 10% is going to make anybody happy - in fact I know it wonā€™t. Glacius isnā€™t broken. Heā€™s not OP, he doesnā€™t have a bunch of 6-4 matchups, and heā€™s certainly not showing up in too many top 8s. So all of this ā€œI donā€™t like it when Glacius does damage to me,ā€ isnā€™t very compelling. I donā€™t like getting hit by minions, or skulls or lightning or orbs that lock me out of a shadow bar. You arenā€™t supposed to like getting hit - your supposed to figure out how to prevent it from happening.

4 Likes

But Omen doesnt get a free combo off a throw unless in the cornerā€¦ and so does Glacius.

Im not calling for Glacius nerfsā€¦read againā€¦ Im just agreeing with the OP and for some reason everyone feel sthe need to direct their opinion at me. I dont see any one saying anything to @Tonyathome or whomever started this thread months ago.

And for the 100th time I can agree with someone about damage output and it not be a ā€œcall to NERFSā€
geezuz

1 Like

He can confirm his throw into a combo with instinct cancel.

Your opinions are the basis for misconceptions amongst other forum members. Itā€™s not so much that people are ā€œdirecting their opinionā€ at you as much as they are trying to clear up these misconceptions. On the opposite end, it is easy to see that someone does massive damage, but for mains and people who understand his mechanics in depth, they understand why he does said damage. So these opinions are simply efforts to inform you of Glaciusā€™s tools, approach and damage output by scenario.

I think itā€™s just because you were posting something that could be debated, and the forumā€™s not really popping with a lot of meaty topics to discuss.

After all, we are all a bunch of super-geeks on the net running around from thread to thread starting every other sentence with ā€œumā€¦actuallyā€¦ā€ :joy::rofl:

edit: plus, what @oTigerSpirit said

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76, man, Iā€™m trying to say this as polite as I can(language barriers!), but maybe you are using a patronizing tone?

Like, stuff like this

What @oTigerSpirit said sounds ubĆ«r obvious, but he is right. Just NOT trying to break and allow Glacius to go for 30% combos because you didnā€™t locked out youā€¦ works! Most Glacius woulnā€™t ever risk a non lockout shadow cold shoulder, because they know is trivial to break, and they refuse to use counter breakers. So albeit seems a super basic adviceā€¦ it works, better against Glacius than most characters.

But outside this example, I feel that you have the need to remark that you are just stating your opinionā€¦ which is fine because everyone of us is doing the same. You have an opinion(Glacius damage is maybe too much, but Iā€™m not calling for nerfs), and thatā€™s ok. Others have a different opinion(Glacius damage is fine, and suggesting is not, is almost as asking for a nerf/fix/piƱata/whatever).

Most messages are directed to you because you are one of the guys saying that his damage is maybe too much, and other people disagree with that. Simple as that.

At least is what I get from my limited understanding.

2 Likes

I wonā€™t hold this against him as there was some ā€œtensionā€ prior to my comment here.

I think what was needed to be said has been said, I donā€™t think to continue the string of responses will shed new light as much as retain the discussion on the edge of senseless argument.

However, now that I have you here, Iā€™ve been meaning to ask how the damage works against Eagle. I donā€™t know if Eagle would by now be considered a counter to Glacius but you mentioned before how much damage Jago got when he managed to close the distance. How do you see the damage against Eagle when Glacius manages to close the distance? Do you think he does less or more considering the damage dealt by normals and specials and not just by Glaciusā€™s visually scary metered lockout damage?

I know how to instinct cancel Omens throwā€¦we are talking just regular neutral with no bells and whistles here. But feel free to continue to try and make this about me and me only.