What are your KI nitpicks?

Your opponent getting locked out AFTER you go for a counter breaker and then punishing you. This has been a problem since day 1. I used to think it was a roll-back netcode problem, but I’ve seen it happen in local play sessions as well.

It’s really aggravating when it costs you the game, and it seems like it happens more often lately.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for their promise of polishing the game up. It wad supposed to happen along with Shadow Jago, last time. It was supposed to come with S3 this time, but nope.

Clipping.

Clipping. Clipping. Clipping everywhere.

Hair and fur look worse than any mainstream game from the PS360 era.

No respect for DH’s Ultimate. They butchered DH’s work with the camera angles being pointless since there’s not even a background on his own stage, and they butchered it by adding choppy slashes back and forth. Everything related to animation is off since IG took over. Look at stage ultras.

The green and purple VS logo is even more garish than the new shadow effects. In fact, the purple and green theme is the most misguided art-direction I’ve ever seen in any Xbox game.

90% of retros.

Ultras don’t have the speed and impact as KI1 and KI2.

Botched storylines (Jago turning into Shago, Kanra vs Aganos, Aria), especially bosses feeling like chumps, afterthoughts.

The possibility of Eyedol being completely changed like Tusk and Cinder.

New shadow moves are just another time IG has fixed what wasn’t broken.

Constant close-ups of low-res textures.

Still no option to remove Omen’s mask. His face looks better than the masks. Also, if they’re forcing us to swallow purple shadows, his default should be purple (sigh).

So much content that should be in the game is in forum threads or the website or Infil’s site instead.

1 Like

I have a feeling (just a feeling I could be wrong) this is why Spinal lost his curses that drain meter/instinct…almost like it would be more fitting of a different character that drains stuff from people…like a vampire or something.

Oh I will be so ■■■■ salty. Saltier than a large order of fries from McDonald’s lol

3 Likes

-Left-Right mixups(looking at you Shago and Wulf).
-Hard to read Tick throws.
-Extreme YOLO moments.
-Anything that’s unreactable.
-Unbreakables.
-Counter Breakers.
-Bad Shadow Counters.
-Mile long double and triple Ultras.
-Inconsistencies across S1 and S2 quality.
-S2’s heavy Okizeme-focused meta.

There’s more, but I’d be here forever if I put all of my dislikes for the game down.

2 Likes

I’m really irked by not being able to have 2 local players build xp but I think there was an explanation for this maybe @Rukizzel can clear this one up?

Kim’s default accessories not changing with the colors. I know they’re accessories but that really didn’t apply for other character’s default accessories, take TJ for example.

Not having new stages to look forward to the rest of the season, still understandable but man I would’ve loved to see Rash’s stage more importantly a certain upcoming new characters stage, that one bugs me the most.

4 Likes

Everything

Teabaggers and spam taunters.

Sadira having some of the worst accessories, I pretty much use her default skin and her “vampire” for her retro one. Like, can we get something less ugly with what she currently has?

Shadow Jago losing his epic “I’M AFRAID YOUR PATH ENDS HERE” voice at least make it his taunt, or end to his Ultimate…I really miss that epic deep voice.

The UP DOWN input for Cinder’s moves aren’t super responsive for me/awkward and so I have frustrations playing him :[

Alright, if this is a “KI nitpicks” thread, then I’ll nitpick about everything KI:

-Hair texture and clipping issue on any character with long hair.

-The size of character portraits on the S3 select screen seem a little too small. Is this in case we get more seasons?

-I wish they’d get away from the hexagons. On the select screen tiles, the customization menu, the ones that spin while the game is loading, just in general, I’m not a fan of this theme for KI.

-Sabrewulf’s retro needs more fur texture to it so he doesn’t look like a drowned rat.

-Sabrewulf’s eyes should be glowing, both in new and retro, where he seems to have these weird, tiny pupils.

-Not loving the humor in most of the retro accessories, especially season 1.

-People still bringing up Thunder retro or Orchid needing a thong. These will not happen. They will never happen in this game. Let it go.

-The “Fight On” screen Vs logo looks tacked on and out of place.

-The “Fight On” screen recycling the old character select screen entrance animations while the stage select remains in the background.

-Honestly, the overall lack of flash or style on the “Fight On” screen. Compared to the new select screen and the stage select, it looks plain. Wish they’d add an animation reminiscent of KI1 arcade’s fight on screen with an animated Vs logo.

-Some of the animations on stage finishers (particularly the body flailing in ARIA’s and Kan Ra’s) look a bit goofy and could stand to be touched up.

-Lack of a respect taunt, especially given how many times that thread pops up and how many comments it gets.

-Maya’s dagger mechanic. While I’m sure Maya fans enjoy her and I know I don’t have to love every character, but so much of her movelist being tied to her daggers takes almost all of the fun out of using her for me.

-People hating on Kan Ra. You does me a sad. :frowning:

-People shrieking like banshees any time IG changes something that was “fine the way it was,” as if they’re not allowed to update anything besides what we want them to.

-Sabrewulf’s instinct reduced to feral cancels, which I don’t enjoy doing, so his instinct is basically useless to me.

-Anyone that invokes “we” when talking about issues that they’re bringing up. Speak. For. Yourself.

-Lack of being able to create multiple accounts within KI so a friend can come over and level players up too.

-People complaining about seeing something that’s not finished complaining about how it doesn’t look finished.

-People constantly bringing up ultimates. Like ■■■■■■■ constantly. Like an endless, scratchy, warbling broken record that never stops ever ever ever ever ever ever.

-Lack of dojo lessons for all characters. I hope this is something we get before this iteration of KI ends.

-People threatening to leave the game. Either leave, or don’t. Saying you’ll leave just makes you sound like you’re threatening the developers that if you don’t get your way, you’re taking your ball and going home. In no way, shape or form do you come out looking good in this situation.

-Orchid’s face. Particularly her lips and her eyes. In general though, she could definitely use some more texturing on her face to smooth it out.

-Omen’s random fireballs.

-Omen’s overall texture, which no longer makes a lot of sense considering what shadow energy looks like now.

-Need arcade mode for season 2 characters and a season 2 caliber story for season 1 characters. I know this isn’t a small “nitpick,” but it’d be nice if everyone got the same thing.

-On that note, Shago and Omen, even while being bonus characters, should have the same amount of colors, accessories, retros, etc as all of the other characters. That lack of consistency in the numbers drives me bonkers lol.

-Lack of a consistent font style. The “Awesome Victory” font looks different in style, size and visual effect from the combo font, which looks different from the select screen names, which looks different from the title screen. At the very least, they should have the same style and visual effect (preferably the Awesome Victory" font).

-Lack of season one stage ultras.

-Long “checking dlc.” Would love to see that reduced a bit time-wise.

-KI Gold. Are we going to have any uses for it beyond buying stuff that we can gain by leveling up? It just feels like a short cut that’s only there in order to get us to spend money when we wouldn’t have to if the experience grind wasn’t so huge. There has to be a better way to justify the existence of KI gold, to gain more colors and accessories, to level up more quickly, but to give people more of an incentive to keep playing beyond level 50. I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s something I’d love to see worked out so that everyone (or close to everyone) is happy.

-Still relatively small special move list for season one characters. I get that people still want some simpler characters, but for both fun and design consistency’s sake, I’d love to see Jago, Sabrewulf, Thunder, Glacius, Sadira, Orchid, Spinal and Fulgore get a few more toys to play with.

-TJ’s autobarrage. Please stop locking me in to it. I know I’m not a pro-level player by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve honestly stopped using him because I accidentally go in to autobarrage at least twice a match. Either go back to what it was before or rework it.

-The fact that most of us, myself definitely included, listed rather large, consequential changes, when a nitpick is concerning yourself over the polar opposite lol. Sorry IG! Love you guys, but just wanted to throw out the stuff that I’d like to see changed somehow.

2 Likes

Oh, here’s another one I just remembered.

When retro cinder is in his intro, you can still hear the SFX of his mask forming over his face despite the fact he has no mask.

1 Like

still no Online Training Mode?

Sadira’s outro. She is way to low to do a flying kick off of that.
Kanra’s design. Absolutely terrible.
Riptor stage just looks so un inspired
Jago shouldn’t put his legs together durinrg his taunt. Looks like a ballerina
Hisako’s crouch. Looks dumb.
Jago’s retro has waay too many rips. Almost looks like a mummy
Announcer saying “Flawed” or Flawed combo. Don’t really need that.
Omen delete him from the game. :slight_smile:

Season 3 ultra pricing.
Only season 3 characters getting retro 7 color
Only 3 stages for season 3
The fact that I am just not very good at the game.

Other then that, everything is fine.

Love, Love, love her crouch! Its like she doesnt know how to use limbs properly anymore, being dead for so long :sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you sure you’re not confusing with QUAD combo? I don’t remember hearing “flawed” anywhere.

4 Likes

CHARACTER NITPICKS

1. Jago’s retro- i… think its bad

2. Orchid’s retro- It should have been KI2’s outfit.

3. Sabrewulf’s retro- he looks like a sabrerat

4. Fulgore’s retro- a fat man in a suit

5. Sadira’s retro- looks bad but has decent accessories

6. No retros- Shego and Omen should have retros

7. No accessories- Shego should have at least the same amount of accessories as Omen

8. Rehashed animations- i wish shego had some uniques normals and auto doubles, Omen can use the same treatment

9. Maya and TJ’s stance- I feel they could have better stances and walk animations

10. Kim wu’s retro- shorts and knee pad??? TERRIBLE, give her the net stockings and Sadira’s panties

CHARACTER AESTHETICS

1. Clipping- there is multiple things that characters have on there body that clip it would be nice to polish some of these issues

2. Orchid’s face- she looks washed up and she has no upper lip

3. The Hair lord please- Hair on this game looks bad they need the guy who did geralt of rivia’s hair to lend a hand on this issue

4. Hisako’s face- she looks great for the most part but damn when she gets her selfie shot on her outro she looks horrendous

5. Omen- his design needs a little tweak, i like seeing the electricity flowing through his body but that mask is terrible

6. Spinal’s Skulls- so hard to look at, i mean his character aesthetic is a ghostly green, when he receives skulls they are green so why the hell does he shoot purple/pink skulls??? It makes no sense at all

7. Aria- to me she looks like she can use more polish

SYSTEM CHANGES

1. Lv4 enders- dont like them they are distracting

2. Shadow effect- should have never changed

3. Color theme- to much purple

4. Customization- Still cant lock colors to custom slots ( sigh ) this will solve multiple issues for me but the universal problem it would solve is for shadow mode, there are a lot of shadows out there and they look stupid because the customization options present in S1 were degraded to what we have now

5. Random select- only 2 options per character when selecting random either the default or retro DH had no issues making random select a little more exciting in S1… another degraded function

6. No ultimates for all characters- Shego’s ultimate is great as it is a simple reward for literally dominating a match, i was hoping all characters received such a reward for dominating a match

7. Limited stage ultra- I believe all stages should have had these as they would add variety to how matches ended but instead we shall stick to ultra for the climax, its as repetitive as p@%n

5 Likes

Ohhh!! My bad. Always thought he was saying flawed. Felt like I was being judged every time lol

This.

Probably my number one. Absolutely no need to zoom in on any character’s face.

2 Likes

Always pictured her looking something like this. Just looking at you

KI nitpicks eh?

1.) Color 8 Shadow Jago (seriously what the heck were you thinking?)

2.) Color 10 Shadow Jago (Looks ugly to be honest)

3.) Having 3 stages in Season 3 (Kinda bummed about that now)

4.) The lack of specific character tutorials (something Virtua Fighter 4 and Dead or Alive 4 had)

5.) The ability to change themes (I honestly don’t like it)

6.) Color 10 slots for certain characters (all of them so far are the least interesting to me like Shiny Pokemon)

7.) Color 7 slots for Season 3 characters only (Pretty damn bummed that it’s not available for Season 1 and Season 2 characters)

8.) Shadow Jago’s Ultimate on the very last hit (Needs serious improvement. Perhaps a first person view of the opponent looking up at Shago dropping down for the last hit and then…black screen with A BETTER sound effect, then cue “Ultimate”. Just a suggestion)

9.) Stage Ultra animations (most of them are recycled and need serious improvement)

10.) New Level 4 Enders (not like we really needed them popping up during the match each time one achieves them. My suggestion is to have them show up after the opponents second health bar is completely wiped out, then improve on them from there instead of just turning it off and on)

No game was made with perfection in mind but some of these suggestions could work.

Yep. Those are my nitpicks.

Jago almost always blinks the moment the models freeze in the VS screen

Orchids shadow moves where she turns into the fire cat and classic cinder’s shadow moves no longer have the yellow glow. I know this is just the after effect like every other shadow move, but these felt special.

The fact that the ‘new’ announcer has a different voice for all season 3 related content.

The weird way the ‘stage ultra’ shout sounds.

Only 3 stages. Presumably because of budgetary reasons.

Omen is still blue despite the fact shadow energy is purple

Arbiter isn’t voiced by Keith David. Although it isn’t thel, so it’s ok.

The black silhouettes in the character select screen. It was fine the way it was.

The fact that rash seems to have stolen zits’ belt from the arcade game.

There’s no zits or pimple accessories.

The fact that Kim wu got a generic stage while gargos gets none.

4 Likes