What are your KI nitpicks?

Not a bad list. I still think you’re a fanboy though :smiley:

1 Like

The in game font! Drives me Insane!!! Hahaha. . No seriously!

It’s so Season 1!

There is a ledge on the top left of Fulgores stage which shouldn’t be there! The Characters just go through it. . . Maybe if it was breakable as the characters go through it. . .

When the match ends the characters stay still as in you can’t jump around the place squatting on the looser etc. .

My only gripe is OMEN !!! How could a character so bad looking , STILL not have had a cosmetic makeover or upgrade , in a game where just about everything else looks amazing ??? Omen is a stain on this games visual representation and I don’t think anyone could deny that. Lol

Really? May I ask why you don’t like this specifically?

Oh and btw, it’s more of a Chun Li stomp instead of Bison. She has this move too.

I’m just being nitpicky, of course, but I just think the animation looks stiff. kinda like she’s on a pogo stick but doesn’t actually have to work to get it going…

1 Like

lol…@BigBadAndy just has strong opinions.

• No arcade mode for all characters.
  • Clipping (Please for the love of God, make this a top priority)
  • Recycled animations (to an extent)
  • No stage ultras for season 1 stages
  • Arbiter’s ugly straps in his default look
  • Glacius ice shards or any shape of ice doesn’t match his other color sets
  • Jago is the only character that gets a dojo
3 Likes

Omen being the only guest character at this point.

Animations being wonky at times, including the new Ender.

No arcade story for everyone.

Hmm, the rest is entirely personal and really minor so no need to post all the small things. Small than nitpicking I mean.

I’ll have to play Season 3 now that’s Season 2 is coming to a close before I can really narrow down on things that bug me.

1 Like

-Poor and Ugly design for Omen
-Kan Ra. Gameplay, Story, Design, Stages, everything around him.
-Aganos. Same like KanRa.

1 Like

Seems Omen is a recurring topic, hope the devs are paying attention.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Which one?

2 Likes

I forgot to add that most of the hair in-game looks like slabs of teriyaki beef jerky slapping about in the wind.

1 Like

Forgot to mention, Orchid looks like a cross dresser .-.

The nerfed to death and constant changes to fulgore and all the purple and green that we’re getting I thought Killer Instinct to me was a metal theme and we’ve lost that and I seriously hate the change to the shadow move effect I get it if they’ve trying to go with the story mode with it but I mean it’s been there for two years I personally enjoy the old one better

• disappearing Orchid (hopefully fixed in S3)
  • cursor is always on Jago or Glacius in ranked. Not saving last char position (hopefully fixed in S3)
  • only one intro and win pose per character. (no hope already)
2 Likes

I know this is only the second post to bring this idea up but I’m personally so strongly against the idea of the cursor saving the last character you played it might be hard to understand. Reasoning is that myself, as well as other players, learn where the characters are from the default position. Having it move to the last character we played every time would be really frustrating and disorienting - I’m sure that @Jukesy1992 would understand where I’m coming from.

In terms of my nitpicks:
Kan-ra’s inclusion in a large amount of the stories - I know he opened the portal, but that doesn’t mean he has to be linked to in so many stories from s1/2 that I can’t remember… Also, his playstyle, or rather the fact that air and ground swarms sound the same (sound wise), his in-combo moves all sound really similar though that’s a problem that a lot of the cast (TJ, Maya, Cinder, Aganos, - basically all of S2’s cast come to think of it). At least with S1, you could have an educated guess as to what strength your opponent used in a combo. Then again saying that, Orchid, Sadira and glacius all suffer from the same problem too. (should’ve put that in a new point).
Season 1’s story mode being basically just a ladder for those who can’t read the text/see the image (same for parts of S2 story mode that aren’t cutscenes)
Omen - I get they wanted to bring Gargos into the story, but they could’ve done it without the bonus character that is a pain to fight - random fireballs - I’m curious why they thought that was a good idea to do… That and a grab that can nullify any attempt at a comeback by turning your entire life bar into potential damage…? Imean even Annihilation can be avoided more easily than that and does half the damage.
Shago being pretty much unsafe on all moves - I mean a character shouldn’t be completely safe, but balance is a good idea.
You don’t know Hisako’s countered until she does it…
Aria’s drones are very tricky to block
Double jumps (just why… it makes it feel less of a fighting game when characters can just jump out of everything. At least with most teleporting you can punish it)
Long-range combos - Looking at you, Glacius/Kan-ra. They can hit you, but you can’t fight back easily.
The fact that the menu music isn’t dynamic (when it sounds like it shouldbe) - moving around could get you that rock theme and staying on an option could give you that quieter section.
No way to learn what the new sounds in S3 will be (without playing the game+guessing, as far as we can tell yet)
I’ll leave that there for now, but I’ll probably think of other things anyway

2 Likes

I always thought that I was the only one this would happen to.