What are your KI nitpicks?

The arbiter thing really pisses me off, and their cheap excuse of it not being thel is just a crutch because MIcrosoft didn’t want to shell out the cash to bring keith david in.

2 Likes

Not being able to choose the alt (2P) colors of accessories without being in a mirror match.

Not being able to choose that blue version of Arbiters Elite armor kinda sucks, here’s a pic of what I’m talking about:

4 Likes

Here is some nitpicks.

• Why is TJ combo not a boxer anymore? Was there any real reason to change that? It was a defining trait of his from the old KI’s and you took it from him. At least give him some boxing glove accessories.

• Sadiras Face. Most people will disagree, but Sadira is absolutely ugly. I think she is one of the ugliest women in the game.

• TJ’s win pose and stiff animations.

• No stage for Gargos.

• Omen and Shago having less accessories.

• the very little musical variety in Season 3, most of it is just rock and the same guitar solo.

• a lot of characters normals looking almost exactly the same in combos.

• hair textures.

• Orchids retro is ugly as sin.

• Very inconsistent polish on a lot of characters. Some characters seem smooth and ploished compared to others.

• Riptors theme and stage are garbage.

• a lot of accessories are uninspired and crappier versions of other accessories.

• The fact that a lot of pro competitive players don’t come onto the forum and I have no way to contact them to maybe ask for casuals to get better at the game.

• Omen not having his wings out.

That’s all I can think of for now.

1 Like

So, it’s not just me who is disappointed with TJ not being a boxer.

Another nitpick that didn’t stop me from playing…

I miss the characters that hit HARD and really give me the feeling that there out to kill me (killer instinct?). It’s like a good boxing or MMA fight versus taekwondo at the Olympics.

My favorite character, Aria, well she “just” hits you. Kan Ra is annoying because he “just” hits multiple times. Kim, Arbiter, same thing. All looks flashy and cool. But when I get hit or bodied by Jago with certain hits, I feel like I actually got hit good by someone with an intent to kill. Not too many characters have this.

Therefore, I am really happy with Tusk as he seems the only character in a while that is out to kill rather than, well… just hit.

2 Likes
  • Retro Fulgore
  • Riptor’s Music
  • Riptor’s Vocals
  • Cinder’s d.uchy personality
  • Cinder’s Gameplay
  • 3 Stages only for S3
  • Modern Tusk
  • Stage Ultra Yelling
  • Mysterious 18K Gold IG are shameful to reveal their new use
  • Purple Shadows
  • Predominant Purlple every where in the game : that’s just too dak and not very attractive to the eye. Just have sticked to the bright red. The lore is not a reason to make your game unnactractive guys.
3 Likes
  • The Win Animations; how a P1 Riptor faces the left but jumps to the right to eat
  • Omen having less accessories & colors
  • The Checking DLC screen
1 Like

Its like he has the…ahem Killer Instinct…

:^)

• The star on TJ’s eye patch.
  • Kim Wu’s animations
  • Tusk’s Valhalla sword
1 Like

This is a good point and an observation I’ve also noticed. Playing S1 holy crap you almost feel it through the tv. Even the combo breakers. S2 yeah you get “hit” watching S3 game play looks the same, but I’ll find out Tuesday.

Pick Tusk, cleave worlds.

1 Like

I have a question for the community. I’ve been reading a lot of opinions that you guys and gals wrote, while there are unique gripes that others wouldn’t notice or think of (in short a nitpick), most of us are receiving the same answers for one of our responses. Clipping, Retros, Lack of Polish, Lack of Unique Animation, Omen and the list goes on from these similar responses.

So my question is:

Should we consider these opinions as an actual problem to the game rather than just a nitpick?

Clipping

Season 1 hair

Sabrewulf’s spurting lemongrass juice from his neck, when he get hit

Retro Wulf’s shiny :sparkles: bald thighs

Retro and Modern Rash is just a texture difference and the accessories are rigged in the exact same way. I found myself wanting to use modern accessories with Retro Rash and vice versa.

Founding Frog is clearly Retro territory.

The green segment of rainbow Rash is a little large, could use some more yellow on his thighs and definitely some more red on his feet.

Nobody’s responding to my inquiries about black face Rash, at first I thought it was to reference to the stylized African American drawing that cartoonist did around the 60’s/70’s and 80’s. Now idk people are being deathly silent about it.

Rash needs to say something other than “These cameos are killing me” that’s definitely gonna get old fast.

Retro Kim Wu’s shorts, drowns out her skirt. Ultimately resulting in her skirt lacking in terms of visual impact. A little contrast would be nice at least.

Announcer says “stage Ultra” :neutral_face:

That was kind of my goal with this thread, to let everyone voice the little things they don’t like in hopes of seeing some of them be taken seriously due to the number of people who share them.

2 Likes

Thunder.

Also, the S1 characters’ combo enders also seems to pack more oomph!

2 Likes

Call of Earth will forever be the most satisfying attack in the game. The crunch and “just business” attitude of that curb stomp echoes in my dreams.

6 Likes

I need to add to my list after hearing the stage ultra announcer,

My ears are still bleeding from that, who is approving these changes in KI and what are they smoking?

I forgot to talk about retro Thunder. I don t Knowl who he s the thuggish biker the retro is supposed to be, but i me sûre not Thunder.

Right. I personally wouldn’t call most of the issues you listed as nitpicks. Fix them and KI will a whole lot more appealing.

I really dislike the dual purpose inputs - combo breaker, throw, instinct activation, counter breaker - these should all have a unique input (combo breakers could be left as they are, throw could be LP/MK and MP/LK (Light & Medium), counter breaker could be Medium & Heavy, and Instinct could be Heavy & Light)… in S3 they even added alternate ways to do these moves, but left them overlapped… super sad.