What are your KI nitpicks?

These combinations wouldnt be natural to press on a gamepad, I would quit the game the moment they did this…

1 Like

fair enough, I still feel like there shouldn’t be 1 input that does 2 different things (or in this case, 3 separate inputs that each have dual function), surely they could come up with a decent alternative.

I believe the overlap is by design. If I’m going to try for a Light Breaker and I miss, I risk whiffing a throw instead (or sometimes land a lucky throw). Going for a Heavy Breaker and missing risks an accidental Instinct activation, which is something that can be baited by deliberately dropping your combo early (I’ve done this to my friends).
Medium Breaker and Counter Breaker function in a way that will never interfere with each other or Shadow Counter anyways, so that’s fine.

What you’re suggesting makes the control scheme more convoluted. Overlap, which not perfect, is a method of streamlining control schemes. The new alternate breaker inputs were put there to give stick users a more comfortable way of breaking without having to move their thumb as much since pad users get to flick the right thumbstick around.

Retro Arbiter can’t blink, yet the modern one can.

The fact that the big guy with 2 heads from the first game is missing, what’s his name…hmmm Shao Kahn right???

no no M. Bison???

wait I forget who is he again

anyway he should be in

1 Like

Yeeeeah, MKX can make way for Goro who was literally one of the goofiest, most awkwardly designed bosses of all time because fans love him but Eyedol is still overlooked.

Debatable & subjective.

Goro and Eyedol where both Goofyest, but still scary AF and i loved them that way.

I find original Goro scarier than the MKX one.

Sadira don’t speak english and that’s very cool. Why would Tusk, Kim Wu, Kan-Ra and Maya?

To be fair:

Maya is an international monster hunter so it makes sense she’s multilingual.
Kim Wu is Korean-American
Kan-Ra and Tusk are over thousands of years old so it makes sense they would learn English overtime.

Plus they speak their alternate languages in some of their moves (well except Tusk).

They don’t even have an accent :stuck_out_tongue:

I can hear maya’s accent clearly.

$39 for far less content
Shadow Jago Accessories
No NEW Stage Ultras for past Stages
3 Stages for Season Three
No Ultimates
No Dojo for everyone
Story Mode for all Seasons are just lazy
Not revealing what we are buying with our $39

1 Like

My favorite default Tusk accessory, the Valhalla helmet clips though his cheek and his forehead. x__x

You should see the Steampunk outfit. It’s a mess in terms of clipping.

-only 3 stages, this boggles my mind, worst mistake in S3
-not tag team mode or arcade mode
-new shadow effects are way worse than S2, drained thehype right out of seeing those moves
-eyedol needs to be in

Thats it im not hard to please :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One day my friend…One day

2 Likes

The game needs a basic Arcade ladder without the story and survival stuff. Just a standard ladder. Couldn’t be too hard to put in right?

Not being able to lock colors to custom slots is annoying. Why isn’t that in there?

Menu lag on the Xbox One version. Lots of stuttering!

ARIA’s stage fatality looks horrible. The rest are fine.

Shadow Jago’s hero art in the ladders is just a screengrab, not the actual art.

More than 2 Shadows in Shadow Lab, I mean really.

I left out only having 3 stages in Season 3, because that’s not a nitpick, but a huge complaint.

3 Likes

I would wholly agree that only having 3 stages in Season 3 is a major issue, and not just a “nitpick”. I guess the problem with the title of the thread, is it gives the impression that the issues being brought up are minor, and insignificant, when that isn’t always the case. Anyway, here are my bugbears with KI, with some being more important than others.

• The fact that this game must have broken some sort of record in fighting games, when it comes to the constant character changes gameplay wise (AKA “rebalancing”). I’d also include the changes and additions to gameplay mechanics, overcomplicating things unecessarily.

• Season 3 costing the same as Season 2 with far less necessary content to justify that.

• Season 1 retros, particularly Sabrerat, and Fulgore looking more like a fat bloke cosplaying him, than actually Fulgore.

• The complete absence of any stage ultras in Season 1 stages.

• No Ultimates

• Accessories only coming in one color, meaning that they clash and don’t go with many of the character’s colours.

• No Dojo mode for all characters.

• Total lack of consistency between seasons as regards to Story mode.

• Only 3 stages for Season 3

• Probably the biggest issue of all, highlighted particularly by the last two I mentioned, is that the game feels very disjointed, and unfinished, and that this will more than likely remain the case once the game is complete, and work on it has ceased.

4 Likes

Legend has it my xbox is still “Checking Downloadable Content” to this day

3 Likes