What are you playing?

Valfaris was made by the same company who made “Slain! Back from Hell”. Though unlike Slain, which was a melee-based game with heavy emphasis on parries and avoiding deathtraps in a dark gothic enviroment, Valfaris is a dark sci-fi adventure that is more like Contra in terms of gameplay (at least from what I remembered of the old demo people played on their livestreams). They are both prominent in having metal soundtracks as well.

===

As for me, I’ve been struggling to enjoy KI and MKX online; I guess the magic is gone because even when I win matches it feels less like fun and more like work. I don’t want to just outright drop those games however (I’ve haven’t played either game for about half a year) so I’m basically limiting myself to 1 or 2 sessions a week. I did drop Warframe for a similar reason however, and have since gone back to Path of Exile.

Also not sure if on topic, but I did get curious about making my own games one day, so I tried tutorials on coding. I couldn’t even finish said tutorials, as the very nature of making scripts just destroyed my dreams (even the tiniest mistake completely breaks a project). Can’t say I’m surprised though, I was always bad at math and logic.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why does playing Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat XL feel like work?

For making games, instead of making something from scratch, have you thought about making maps or content for existing games? I did that last year, actually, and made a Custom Campaign for StarCraft: Remastered that’s done very well.

Learning the map editor and properly implementing Triggers was a huge, but rewarding challenge.

I’ll just PM, we’re probably going off topic as it is.

On a side note I also remembered I beat FFX-2 the other week, I didn’t expect that game’s combat system to be as fun as it was. The story is dumb though, at least when it’s being all “Anime Charlie’s Angels”.

1 Like

heres a trailer for it, the game is about 25 bucks and well worth it. ive been playing it all weekend and having a blast with it. im still playing blasphemous as well even after i beat it because i didnt get everything in the game.

im about to get back into warframe, going to prep for the railjack expansion thats coming hopefully by december (though i doubt it). my bro is about to get a gaming laptop, so we’ll be playing final fantasy 14 with one of our friends to get a group going

1 Like

Got 100% completion on Spyro 1 in the Reignited Collection. Fun times were had by all!

Also, a friend of mine got me Mount Your Friends 3D and it is… stressful

I’m afraid to google that to find out what it is…

1 Like

You will be cursed with knowledge if you do so.
I already know the game.
I never knew there was a 3D version.

2 Likes

I just googled it. I honestly think you better don’t google it in the public. Lol

1 Like

did more tekken 7, and suddenly i got an itch to play deus ex human revolution. so i reinstalled that onto my PC last night, did the 1st mission. since ive beaten the game a few times already im kind of just taking an approach to where ill either ghost my way or kill someone if necessary. so atm, its a mixture of non-lethal and lethal takedowns of targets. gotta say, im still pretty ■■■■ good at stealth, going to score that suppressor for the 10mm asap

Essentially you make a tower out of muscley dudes that have silly faces.
Madness soon follows.

Can definitely understand if it’s not appealing to everyone. Only worth it if friends have it too so not sure I’d recommend investing lol

On the Xbox Store there is a WB Publisher Sale where MK11’s Premium Edition is currently about $54 (instead of it’s normal $80 price tag), so I bought it.

I am surprised how different a modern MK game is without a run button or breaker mechanics, and I’m honestly annoyed the tournament variations aren’t selectable in all modes (most Default variations are mediocre IMO), which forces me to make them myself to use them in Towers of Time. Other than that I’m enjoying it so far, I’ve long since burned out on MKX’s offline content so this was a breath of fresh air.

I’m currently playing MH World: Iceborne, which is a very substantial upgrade to a very substantial game. Provided you enjoy the core loop of Monster Hunter games (which plenty of people understandably do not), this is a terrific expansion to almost inarguably the best game in the series.

I’ve also been playing some Battlefront II. My son has been playing this a lot with his cousins and some family friends online and I have to say, EA took a lot of flak for this game but I spent $60 on it a year ago and not a penny more, and they have continued to support the game with new characters, gameplay modes and maps. I’m not a fan of micro transactions but it would be tough for me to think that this game is not worth the price tag.

1 Like

im starting to get into the mood of playing an action packed multiplayer FPS game. but im not sure which one yet, gonna take a look around and see whats up i think. i had BF4 but now in order to play i gotta buy the expansions and hell with that. i might fire up quake champions again if that game aint dead yet

WOW! That was awesome! Ill def have to check it out! I havent played Blasphemous since we last discussed on here…, I just got back in to Red Dead Redemption and havent had much time now that the baby was born :frowning:

You guys had a baby?! Congrats man!

1 Like

Gears 5 and MK11 are getting most of my attention these days.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Doom 64 on my PC…it’s pretty much a mod for Doom 2 that converts a Doom 64 N64 rom into an iwad file so you can play it on modern Doom engines. I’ve always had a sort of love/hate relationship with the game, mainly because the game has a lot more puzzles and tends to have a lot of switches that open up something somewhere but isn’t made clear what it does, and the game walls a lot of powerups behind 1-shot chances to nab them, leaving several in plain sight that you wonder how to get to them, not realizing you missed your window. Still, not enough can be said for playing D64 with dual analog controls on a Xbox One controller.

Yes sir! baby Ainsley!

9 Likes

Congrats dude. She’s beautiful.

1 Like

Eversence I got that switch lite I’ve been playing Warframe and smash bros with my own circle of friends.