What are you playing?

I think at some point in time I saw gifs from early builds of this on Twitter - but I could be wrong, it might be a different game. It does look good though, and it’s one I’ll keep on my radar.

I’ll give it a look. I like the fact that the pixel art actually looks like art. It’s one of the big separating factors between a good pixel art aesthetic vs the 8 bit stuff.

Plus it looks dark and messy, which is usually a good sign.

1 Like

been playing blasphemous, great game so far. but jeez, its a ■■■■■■■ miserable, dark, grimy, and bloody game lol. i think they shouldve opened with “abandon all hope ye who enter here” before you get to the start up screen. the gameplay is solid, and is quite challenging if you arent careful.

you definitely cannot rush or just try to “go through the motions”, thus it can be punishing depending how far you get and then you die. you gotta be equally patient and methodical all over again, or its back to that save point and that guilt starts to stack up gettin pricey to cleanse.

overall its a great game, just depresses the ■■■■ outta me as i go along but i think that is what the devs aimed for on top of horrifying you with the death metal bosses and such lol. i mean cmon, even the beer man burned alive, and all he wanted to do was spread jovial festivities. nope, you are miserable too ■■■■■■, burn ■■■■■! lol

edit: and its to my understanding the “grievous miracle” is what caused the realm of custodia to be what it is. everyone suffering their own penance

2 Likes

Yeah man they pulled no punches with this game! Its heavily inspired by Dark Souls turned up to 11.

Been playing Borderlands 3 this past week. Happy to say it’s turned out good so far despite everything, with all the series’ strengths present in full force. The mission design in particular is pretty much unparalleled as far as open-world/looter shooters go these days. Only major complaint is really laggy and somewhat clumsy menus.

1 Like

one of my friends was lookin at BL3 but the DRM turned him away

played more blasphemous, those spear bull ■■■■■ are annoyin pricks lol

1 Like

Despite what?

I assume this is PC. I know there are better and worse ways to handle DRM but I always find it a little odd that we are supposed to be offended by people trying to prevent piracy.

its certainly a hot topic. some are more draconian than others, iirc i think it was one of the bioshocks (part 2 i think?) that had DRM that only gave the user a certain number of installs. people have their reasons, but to me its whatever

1 Like

The controversy over the Epic Games Store exclusivity deal, and the numerous incidents involving Gearbox’s botched releases and the behavior of its CEO over the years, and 2K’s strange actions around the game including giving out review copies selectively. There’s been a lot of nonsense surrounding the game and I’m just relieved it came out fine after all of it.

Man Blasphemous is tough! Im stuck up in the northern part that’s snowed over. Ugh… probably in the wrong area…I had to take a break before I broke something! Now Im back on the Surge… finishing the DLC before the SUrge 2 next week!

1 Like

does the wind change directions? that area is real tough man, but you can do it. just be patient, be methodical, no rushing. the wind is favorable, strike. avoid the stone knights. the animated wall panel things, you can get in 2 strikes before you need to parry again. im really far into it, i beat a boss and the game bugged lmao i have to fight again

1 Like

I dont recall wind… just these little HIsako girls jumping around and fling fox, and these floating grim reapers with green bells everywhere…ugh

I probably need to head back down south east. Ive beat 2 Bosses so Im not very far, but far enough to have a played a few days in a row.
WHen a game gets so hard I keep dying in the same place I get distracted real easy and I have to step away. I dont have a lot of patience LOL

1 Like

@FallofSeraphs76 those ■■■■■■■ are easy, and so are the jumping graboids. you can get those jerks caught in a loop and kill them easy. the hisakos, lure them to a place with a 2nd story, so when they jump they bomb the 2nd floor instead of you. the graboids, just stand still long enough for them to get under you then step away and give em the chop when they jump. if you think that place is tough, wait till the snowy mountains lolol

1 Like

Right now I’m waiting for a couple of games to finish downloading, one being Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, and the other being the Link’s Awakening remake. I’m really looking forward towards playing Link’s Awakening…it was my first Gameboy game, I got it bundled with the Gameboy and played the crap out of it back in high school. Power Rangers is more for my youngest son than for me, but it has had me curious as well.

1 Like

I’ve been trying this new Candy Crush game with friends. So far, there’s already a few competing on who’s taking the lead.

So to follow up my last post, Power Rangers BFTG is pretty fun. I don’t know if I’ll do more than just be a filthy casual with it, but it’s been fun so far. It plays a lot like Dragonball FighterZ if it were more grounded. The variety in the Rangers surprised me. I never thought Trini would end up being a big tank Juggernaut-type character, but they gave her some heavy armor and that’s exactly what she is.
Link’s Awakening is…Link’s Awakening. I think they added some extra secret seashells, the create-a-dungeon, and did a few quality-of-life tweaks, but other than that it’s the same game as the original DX version, color dungeon included. To me, it’s both a plus and a minus…a plus because it’s nice to see the drastic overhaul, but a minus because it’s pretty much the same game I played over and over when I was a teenager, and likely it won’t hold my interest long enough to warrant the $60 price tag, but that’s just me.

omfg, i bugged blasphemous so hard i had to start all over again. lololol

1 Like

IM back on the Surge getting ready for Surge 2 Monday night. Im at the final boss of the DLC “A walk in the park”…the Cat mascot fo the amusement park. Its really cool. Surge 2 is going to be epic though!

1 Like

I should have gotten the switch version instead of PC. I spent quite some time on PC but I felt handheld was probably the way to go for me wrt Bloodstained.

Maybe I can buy a definitive version at some point next year for Switch as I do not want to shell out another 40 bucks for the same game now. I only do that for fighting games /jk

you even go for DLC, you hardcore maniac :laughing: I have not bought any DLC for anything other than fighting games lol

when is Spawn for MK11?

1 Like