What are you playing?

I started Man of Medan the other night and wow its great! Very scary as in jump scares and what not. Like seriously lots of startling moments! Good stuff!

**** Holy sheet this game just keeps getting better and scarier!! Love it! If you dont know about it you need to get with it!!

@BigBadAndy dude I think you would like this! Did you play Until Dawn? @R1stormrider I know you would like it!

1 Like

This clip was pretty scary! lolā€¦ I finished the game alreadyā€¦ughā€¦way too short! And part 2 of the anthology, ā€œLittle Hopeā€, doesnt come out till 2020 :frowning:

Well, glad you liked it at least.

I have been enjoying Remnant: out of ashes. Itā€™s a ā€œsouls likeā€ shooter. It borrows a lot of the mechanics but frankly it doesnā€™t feel like a souls game. You donā€™t lose your items when you die, for one thing. For another, itā€™s at its best when you are playing real multiplayer with two friends. I know you love souls games so you might want to check it out. Although itā€™s really different.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing that with some friends on Steam. Rather fun. Iā€™d say the biggest influences I can see as far as gameplay outside of Soulsborne is Gears of War, Dead Space, and RE2 Remake.
I will say itā€™s really easy to find stuff you like and stick with it for the whole game. I started with the Shotgun/Safari Hat Mask class with the tanky health and I tell you what, the Shotgun/Fire combo is still fantastic later in the game.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing something rather interesting that I found onlineā€¦itā€™s a Super Metroid/ Zelda:A Link to the Past randomizer that takes all the item locations across both games and just scrambles them. So for example, youā€™ll go around as Link and find random power ups for Samus and vice versa. Itā€™s been kinda tricky, but I know both games like the back of my hand, so itā€™s been far from impossible.

1 Like

i think im starting to get that Total War itch, might fire up shogun 2. last time i played that one, i had a grueling war against the ikko-ikki clan. fanatics die really really hard. it took me somewhere around 2 maybe 3 days to get all their territory wiped out. i also found myself stamping out insurrections within my own turf as they began converting the populace to their brand of faith in the region. was very fun though! its also quite satisfying when you bring up your cavalries and smash into their flank or rear guard where their archers are at

played more astral chain last night, i had a great time with it doing investigations and ā€œwalking the beatā€. the combat as one would expect with a platinum game to be very fun, with plenty to do during battle. anybody here gives it a shot, id recommend goin to the training room for sure, there is alot you can do and it may be confusing at first. things start really simple, but get really complex quick. currently playing on the hardest setting, and its been very good thus far. id say its one of the best switch games

has anyone given Control a try? i saw aris playing it on youtube

Bought Control yesterday, played fro an hourā€¦ it was terrible. Very slow, very confusing story wiseā€¦ Im sure need t get further before making a decision but it doesnt grab you out the gate like I thought it would.

@BigBadAndy Yeah I heard of that ā€œSouls like FPSā€ , Ive been seeing it on a lot of sites and videosā€¦I need to check it out.

then that looks like im just gonna wait on that sucker to go down to 5 bucks on a steam sale one day lol. i fired up shogun 2, led an army in a castle siege and man i was rusty. i forgot that i could get my guys to climb the walls, accidentally put my katana samurai up against cavalry, but compensated with my naginatas comin in from their flank. great battle overall, totally ready for more after work today (and a bit of tekken 7 to stay sharp)

1 Like

Ever since I got my Xbox One set up with a LAN cable Iā€™ve went back into Warframe, just got to Pluto and only now enemies are strong enough to cause repeated Mission Failures for me (and yet I still only have my starting Warframe). Also tried to get back into Path of Exile but for some reason I keep losing interest, I could easily blame Warframe for this but I feel the problem is bigger than that.

Also just a quick question: Is 45ms good connection quality for online play? I actually got the LAN cable just so I would never have to use Wi-Fi again, but when I tested it in MKX and KI I still got some badly lagged matches here and there. I know game matchmakers like to throw you against someone well out of your region sometimes, but Iā€™m still worried my connection still isnā€™t good enough.

45ms latency is perfectly fine for online play. If you want to win the world championship it probably helps to have 30ms or less but for most of us to play games anything under 100 you shouldnā€™t notice too many issues.

The big issue with WiFi is interference. This adds to latency but also makes it unpredictable and therefore more disruptive. The wire is good even if it doesnā€™t effect your latency measurement.

Gears Of War 5ā€¦ Having fun with it so far.

1 Like

I picked up Greed Fall last nightā€¦ its looking great so far! Very As Creed/ Bloodborne likeā€¦ very cool story and idea.

2 Likes

@FallofSeraphs76 Where do you find the time to play all of this?? :joy:

1 Like

Gears 5. Love the saga, but there are many things that make the game different regarding gameplay, and not in a good way. Current maps arenā€™t nice, but that can improve with better maps. Mechanics are harder to change since the core play will be pretty much the way it is (itā€™s not GoW 4, nor 3ā€¦itā€™s weird).
But the most problematic thing in the future will be the netcode, which is inferior to GoW 4. What a shame.

1 Like

Hi Maru!
Long time no see. How are you?

Sorry off topic :smile:

1 Like

As evidenced by my last few posts being in the Monster Hunter thread, Iā€™ve been playing a bunch of Iceborne lately. I think Iā€™ve made it a fair chunk of the way through the story. Itā€™s rather fun so far, and thereā€™s lots of new Monsters to hunt/new gear to make out of them. Highly recommend it.

Iā€™ve also been playing some Minecraft with my wife and another friend of ours. Itā€™s one of those games that will always have that bit of fun, relaxing appeal to me, especially when playing with friends.

Iā€™ve tried out a few other things. Dying light was fun. Lots of running and smacking as expected.

Mothergunship has a pretty cool ā€œcraft your own gunā€ deal that results in some crazy stuff.

Crossout is a little craftable derby car of death game similar to World of Tanks. It can be hit or miss.

Beat Quake not long ago, running through Duke 3D in my spare time because classic shooters make me smile.

Hi Bojima!

Iā€™m fine, just been busy. Iā€™m going to my boyfriendā€™s place to celebrate my B-day next week. I might play some KI there as well, lol :smile: (just gotta love playing offline!).

Despite Gears 5 negative stuff Iā€™m still hyped about the game. I enjoyed the campaign in the end and also the new soundtrack is kind of cool (main theme is quite nice).

Hope you are doing good as well :blush:

1 Like

3 hours a day after work and then satruday and sundays about 5-6 hours? I never finish any games thats how! lol

Blasphemous!!! Its absolutely amazing! For a Metroid-Vania game inspired by Bloodborne/Dark Souls and Italian Christian theologyā€¦ its just beautiful!
You guys have to play this game if you like Bloodborne and Dark Soulsā€¦ the lore and story cinematic, ideas, artā€¦its just EPIC!

@BoJima404 @KevBones10 @BigBadAndy @TempusChaoti @Nightswipe0 @Fwufikins @xSkeletalx

3 Likes

I can see why you like it, given your interest in metal music etc. but I just canā€™t deal with the aesthetic of this game. So Iā€™m going to skip it - although Iā€™m sure the gameplay is great.

1 Like