What are you playing?

Welp I just beat Dank Souls on my 3rd character and first tried Manus, Kalameet, and Gwyn. Didn’t even get hit by Gwyn cause I parried him to death in like 30 seconds. With a combined playtime across my 3 characters I’ve put 8+ days into Dank Souls in just a few months.

I think it’s about time to move onto Bloodborne.

2 Likes

I was thinking something similar for myself. I got a PS4 woth Bloodborne and Crash Bandicoot months ago but haven’t touched it in forever. Think I’ll give it a more solid go and maybe get some more games for the thing so it doesn’t just take up shelf space.

Especially since I’ve been finishing up more of my games. I’ve basically got 100% completion of Sunset Overdrive now including the DLC. And it will be a few more months before the final chapter of the Little Nightmares DLC is out.

…oh yeah. I played through the latest bit of the Little Nightmares DLC. Only took a few hours but it was nice being brought back into that spooky atmosphere again. Plus they added some new mechanics with the gnomes helping you out with puzzles (probably since DLC Shaggy Sad Boi seems less inclined to eat them than Precious Raincoat Child) .

No tips really. There’s a lot of “pat your head while rubbing your tummy” with Monster Hunter. The toolbar is one of those things you just kind of have to get used to (I’m assuming you mean the item menu that scrolls on the map screen so you can use something out of your long list of tools). It’s been hopelessly broken for so many years that learning to organize an optimal order of your items and navigate the menu is now considered part of the “skill set” for the game.

1 Like

Bloodborne is the best game of all From Software…trust me!
@Fwufikins What the hell are you waiting for? This game will take over your life!

When are you gonna stream Monster Hunter?

Ha ha… no streaming of that. I suck at it, I dont think anyone wants to watch me play it… There are 3 maps you can do no single player. Beginner, Intermediate and expert. I havent tried Multiplayer. Not really sure how that works.
Ive been playing the The Surge all night and this morning. Finally beat PAX on NG+ with a Hardcore kill to get the Pax 2.0 blade. Thats my fav weapon. Also got a new fire weapon from the new DLC weapons.
Just trying to make my way to the Amusement park. Its sooo hard! Most enemies can 1-2 shot you and there are more leveled up enemies on NG+

I’m playing Battlefield 1 again, and apparently I have this Premium Trails thing…and let me tell you, i didn’t now the DLC maps were so fun! I even got a 24 kill streak with the tank hunter on the Russian snow map. I’m seriously considering buying the season pass but I don’t know if it’s really gonna be worth it in the long run. I’ll decide eventually but for now, I’ll be counter sniping those pesky cross map snipers with my anti tank cannon :smiling_imp:

Hey everyone…OMEN OF SORROW demo is on PS4 right now for free. Its under the PSX 2017 tab in the store. Its a pretty cool looking fighting game based on horror and mythological creatures. there is a thread around here somewhere about it form last year or so.

1 Like

BTW guys… Hands of Fate 2 got Game of the month in the new Game Informer Magazine! I might have to give it a shot now for sure!

So I played the Monster Hunter beta and I gotta say I’m pretty interested.
It can be summarized by "go into a fantasy world with a great big weapon and hunt dinosaurs"
Which is basically perfect for me.
And even better the full release comes out the day before my birthday. I think I know what I’ll be getting myself~

1 Like

I played it for a few hours…I actually beat the 1st and 2nd trials and then was in the middle of the 3rd and got sidetracked and had to pause it, but you cant pause it and my time ran out. But what i played was cool…wasnt amazing, but its was fun.

@BigBadAndy
Hey man, I just got done playing “LATE SHIFT” and I really think you would enjoy it. Its a movie/action thriller game with consequential decisions. 7 different endings and different ways to intertwine through the chapters.
Its about an hour long or more. Very fun to play with your wife along side helping make the decisions ect…
Very fluid too… no load screens or anything. Same team that did “The Bunker”…which was ok… The bunker you actual could move around , open drawers, ect… This game is making verbal decisions only.
Very fun…very impressed. CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE!

I finally dusted off Star Fox Zero and finished playing it. I haven’t touched it since about a week after I bought it when it first came out…which was what, nearly 2 years ago?? Honestly I kinda hope they tweak it and release it on Switch, but on the other hand the way they made it the dual screen is somewhat intregal to how the game plays and I could see that not happening either. Honestly there is a good game under all those quirky Wii U gimmicks, but it’s buried deep, and not much better than Starfox 64 to be honest.

Also I’m not one for a ton of hand-holding, but there are 2 bosses in the game that they just throw you to the wolves when it comes to figuring out how to avoid massive crushing machines.

Currently playing a lot of Assassins Creed. Ive been heavy into Syndicate and now Unity.
Also dabbling into Freedom Cry and Liberation.

Playing Wolfenstien 2 tonight to take a break from Assassins Creed.
Also playing Evil Within and Red Dead Redemtiion every other night as well.
All great games. Im wanting to get back to Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, and Dark Souls 2…but there is just so much to play its hard to fit them all in consistently.

Just the daily Overwatch Grind. Some Fortnite Battle Royal too. Top off with a sprinkling of KI, SFV, Marvel, and some Rocket League.

1 Like

I found something great on the PS4. I was looking for Gauntlet 2, because I had the game on PS3 and loved it. I didn’t find it, but did see that they remade it. All the things from the 1980s game are in the new one, with the exception of “it”. The music is the same, classes, and basic game play has not changed. It just looks beautiful now.

I snagged up VS Super Mario Bros (the arcade version) on the Switch. It’s pretty neat. They changed up several things, like added in new levels where on the NES version they would just have a duplicate of an earlier stage but harder. It’s not too bad though.
Except 6-3…I don’t know if it was from controller lag, the awkwardness of the joycons, or what, but that stage kicked my butt more times that a seasoned SMB veteran like myself should have. I mean I can beat the NES version in under 10 minutes, and that one stage I probably used 30+ continues.

Gauntlet the old dungeon game with the 4 characters at the arcade? yeah I used to love that game.

Yes, that is the one. The mazes where you would look for the exit. You have keys to unlock doors, food for health, or that you could shoot to stop another player from having it.

1 Like

My favorite of the series was Gauntlet Legends, particularly the N64 version. Lots of good memories.