What are you playing?

im back on witcher 3 and also playing the new unreal tournament for PC, killing sprees left and right, yep still got that twitch shooter reflex

I need to get back to Witcher 3ā€¦ its just so difficult in the menus and crafting. And the cut scenes can be so boring. I like itā€¦ but its hard to jump in and out of.

I like big cut scenes. It breaks up the game for me. Stops it from becoming to grindy. I like Star Wars Battlefront 2, but it is just SO GRINDY.

Nier automata
Street fighter V
Clash Royale

Ive been wanting Nier Automata fora long time. Really enjoyed the demo.
I need to go ahead and grab it while its 20$ at game stop

1 Like

you should doit, i love all the platinum games but this is very quiet different from the other ones in gameplay as hack/slash but they keep the core of fun and crazy combos

2 Likes

i was considering nier automata also. the game looks like its alot of fun, im gonna wait till its cheaper. 2B is quite popular in the cosplayer space also

It was 60$ for the longest timeā€¦ recently at game stop it dropped to 19.99 and then back to 29.99. New is cheaper than preownedā€¦I know that much.
The demo is free on PS4

Most of the way through Xenoblade 2 and Iā€™m coming around the opinion that itā€™s mediocre. Combat is flashy but ultimately stagnant and linear, character progression is grindy and has a lot of QoL issues, side-quests can have nice stories sometimes but are mostly cookie-cutter chore lists, while the main storyline is pretty generic with its presentation being robotic and awkward most of the time.

The game is gorgeous (even the music) and has its moments in exploring and discovering unique blades, but Iā€™m not understanding the acclaim it got.

Edit: People are talking about Nier Automata so I gotta shill for it. Incredible game.

Bit of Oxenfree since it was free at some point. Pretty fun. Good writing, especially for the kind of game. Reminds me of The Cave a little bit.
Waiting for Monster Hunter World to drop. Itā€™s my birthday present to myself, since it comes put the day before my birthday :grin:

Recently Iā€™ve been playing the Metro series (Metro 2033 and Last Light), for some reason I never felt any reason to play these games despite buying them during last yearā€™s summer sale and having them installed for months on my Xbox. Considering the series was made by a team who supposedly left development of Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (a game I really liked back in the day) to make their own game I probably thought Metro would play like Stalker. With that said, Metro is decent but Iā€™m still struggling to keep interest for some reason.

Apart from that, I reinstalled Borderlands 2 since I never played the DLC campaigns.

Ive been playing Battlefield 1, Evil Within, Guardians of the galaxy, and Lateshift.

Has anyone played The Order 1886?? Im really enjoying this game! Ive always enjoyed stories with London in the late 1800s. This story is very similar to Assassins Creed Syndicate, Peaky Blinder TV show, and Jack the RIpper.
The game plays a lot like Evil WIthin as well. I know its super cheap to buy preowned as well. Like 3-5$.

Have yā€™all played the Metal Gear Survival Beta?

Itā€™s pretty fun! A great change of pace in my opinion, this Beta actually has me considering buying the game. I imagine it would be great for parties

Beat Celeste tonight, can definitely recommend to any fan of hard platforming games. Finished the main quest (no B-side levels) with about 70% strawberries and 1,202 deaths in about 8.5 hours. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be going for 100%, but I will try to go find some of the other big secrets in the game.

I am hellbent on beating Darkest Dungeon. Itā€™s hard for me to get back into it after few days break, but when I start, I canā€™t stop, especially when I am on good streak.

But boy, this game is long. When I finally beat it, I wonā€™t touch turn based game for a year.

Iā€™ve been going through a few games lately, a lot of old stuff mostly
First thereā€™s DragonBall FighterZ
Next up is Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku for Gameboy Advance
After that Iā€™m playing Metal Storm on the NES for the first timeā€¦awesome game. As much as I am a fan of the R-type games Iā€™m surprised I missed this one growing up.
Also I dusted off Quake 4 and holy crap did it not age well graphicallyā€¦I mean I know it can be modded to give it higher rez textures, but dangā€¦Still fun though.

NIOH with a little bit of KI and COD W2 story campaign on the side. But mainly NIOH. Such a great game!

I love the Metal Gear games. Played all of them from the NES to this Gen. I have mixed feelings about that game though. It looks like it is just going to be some ā€œWallet Warriorā€ game. It has that MTX look all over it.

Is any of that in the demo?

I couldnā€™t see any of that in the beta, but if they do end up focusing on cash grabs Iā€™d doubt they put it in the beta.

Iā€™m actually hopeful for the game, i hope that it focuses more on survival with limited guns rather then an endgame or mid game progression system that relies on guns guns and more gunsā€¦