What are you playing?

Who’s ready for The Crew 2?

HUH? What part looks goofy again? WHen you are doing the Seige and they are cheering the back?

After the first Shelob encounter, in the very beginning, a fortress is being attacked by orcs. You have to follow a blond woman who is some kind of officer. You have to help her clear areas by fighting orcs. There are multiple human soldiers fighting alongside her or taking on orcs by themselves. These soldiers have some of the most generic animations I’ve seen in a while. They all have the same stiff animation, were all running in sync, and were skating up or down castle stairs as if there were no steps. I found this contrast huge compared to the high quality of most other parts of this game.

ahhh ok i know what you are talking about. After that its much better.

A bit late to the question, and I’ve only played the first, but I thoroughly enjoyed Hand Of Fate 1.

I wouldn’t really liken it to Dark Souls’ style, other than the fact that some battles (particularly boss battles) can be very difficult. The combat itself reminds me more of Fable or Assassin’s Creed style.

I really enjoy the card/random/board game elements and deckbuilding to it, which I assume the second improves on.

I’ll pick that up eventually, and let you know what I think once I get my hands on it.

1 Like

Cool! Id like to try it out… just seems like some thing new and fresh. I dont want to spend 30$ though

Look into HOF1 first, to see; it was a free with Gold game a while back

1 Like

Well for one… I finished my playthrough of Undertale. With some guidance from my girlfriend I completed a Pacifist Run. I tell you what, that game was an endurance test. It’s strange though: As much as I struggled to get through it, I really enjoyed it. I don’t think I’m going to say it’s the best thing since sliced bread like some people have, but it’s still rather nice.

I also got 100% completion in Brütal Legend. Still have some multiplayer achievements, but I’m not really bothered to get those.

Otherwise I’ve been getting back into Sunset Overdrive. Thinking I’ll grab the DLC at some point in the near future since I never got around to it. Just a shame the online seems to be basically dead. It can take upwards of 10 minutes to find a Chaos Squad match and even then it’s always on the beginning area. If anyone here wants to hit me up for some Sunset Overdrive I’d like to think I’m one of the better players online since I’ve found a pretty well optimised loadout for dealing with the Night Defense missions.

Something I’ve dived into a little bit is the beta for the Killing Floor 2 Twisted Christmas event. I’ve completed the challenges to get the seasonal Santa pajama outfit. And the update much inproved the loot system it seems. It’s rather nice. The music is cool, and the new weapons they added (UMP 45 and The FreezeThrower) are quite nice. The new boss they added, The Abomination (or Krampus on the Xmas map) is interesting to fight against.

Otherwise I’ve just been messing with thing so got for cheap or free. Sims 3, Starcraft 2, Unreal Tournament, Postal 2, the Destiny 2 demo… not a whole lot to write home about.

Playing Hollow Knight after being recommended by friends. I love Metroidvania games but I was really turned off by the atmosphere/aesthetic of the game when I first heard about it at launch.

I’m over 20 hours in now and I still don’t think I’ve overcome my dislike for the aesthetic (everything is extremely grim and dark, and you spend a lot of your time going through claustrophobic, dark caverns where things jump out at you, and the entire world is overwrought with a huge sense of dread at every turn), but it’s impossible to deny just how lovingly the game is made and how utterly huge it is – easily the largest Metroidvania game I’ve ever played with secrets in virtually every room and entire whole maps that you can stumble into at a moment’s notice. Combat is a large focus of the game and it’s… okay I suppose, although I’d wish for a few quality of life things. It’s a very difficult game too, much harder than a game like Ori.

Overall I think I like it just because of how impossible it must have been to make a game in this art style at this size. I think I just wish the game had a different aesthetic. (And if you love this aesthetic, then the game is a must buy)

I beat Ultra Arcade… badly… :slight_smile:

Well ■■■■. Now I need to buy this game.

good deal maybe ill give you a cookie, it was my first match after months away from the game. i dropped all combos, forgot what did what lmao

1 Like

I came across that guy the other night too… a real D bag. THen he went over to my stream and followed me… we got into some serious tea bagging back n forth. I ripped him a new one over the mic too.

I just started playing Dank Souls 1 a few months ago and I added up my playtime across my 3 characters and I’ve already put nearly 8 days into the game.

1 Like

I’ve been rocking out and getting better at Fortnite: Battle Royal, and playing more Marvel on the side.

@BigBadAndy DUde… down loaded Monster hunters trial and was excited to givea try for the very first time. Got my 4K settings and gamma set… I hit X (PS4) and it goes to the start menu and says…"Sorry you cant play this game due to the trial is over"
WTF is there a huge advertisement on the main PS store page for !! LOL …ugh… I came straight here to post that I was trying it out for the first itme and before I could type a word it all changed to …wah wah wah waaahhhhh! Sorry no Monster Hunting for you scrub!

*** I just googled the Beta info and it starts tomorrow! Cool! SO I will try it then and let you know what I think!

1 Like

Good luck! It’s a very… different kind of game. The barrier to entry can be really high but it’s cool when you get into it.

1 Like

Looking forward to it in 4k!
Right now Im getting slaughtered in the Surge NG+! OMG its way harder! IM at the first boss finally. There are a ton of Cerberus NPCs int eh beginning that aren’t at the regular game beginning. they kill with 1 hit!

So I made a hot female character and my Cat side kick is blue with demon horn ears! I call him OmenMcFatty lol (Our real cats name is Fatty)
Did some training…combat is cool but the tool bar is very odd. I havent quite figured it out yet. Any tips?

I tried out Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator (Five Nights at Freddy’s 6)…It’s one of the better ones if you ask me. It’s not just a endless onslaught of jumpscares…there’s a rather fun not creepy game involved, and you actively have to take on the jumpscare risks if you want to play that way. Rather neat if you ask me.

Oh, and I also finished Metroid: Samus Returns. Very good game. Definitely washes that Other M taste out of your mouth when it comes to Metroid. There was one thing at the end that I did not like at all though:

:Heavy Spoiler:

They tacked on a completely unnecessary Ridley fight right as you get to Samus’s ship, and if you ask me it completely ruins the tone of the end…not to mention having to backtrack through several parts of the map after you get the baby metroid to have it give you access to several weapon upgrades…just changes the whole end of the game from Metroid 2’s ending, and not in a good way like Zero Mission’s pirate ship section did.

I also didn’t really care for the melee attack mechanic at first, but I understand why they did it now. Later in the game it makes Samus feel more powerful. When you start off you HAVE to stop and do the melee attack and engage each and every enemy in a very slow and methodical manner, which is very un-Metroid-like, but later when you get all the standard upgrades and she can just plow through everything…yeah, makes you feel like a beast.