We support the fourth season and the future of KI!

I honestly don’t want any guests next season but I expect at least 1 to rear thier head so there’s your chance.

Agree

If the survey is any indication, then they’ve got guest characters on their minds but they also are thinking about Eagle, djinns, magic archers, lovecraftian monsters, and wendigos. I think its safe to say we have nothing to fear.

1 Like

I’m not sure why the babypoo brown smoke is there…

Otherwise, here comes another thread full of people complaining that they don’t want guest characters. I don’t understand this at all, but here it is. I think that the guest characters have been a tremendous success, bringing attention and new players to the game. And each one is a terrific addition to the cast with unique gameplay. Even Rash, who annoys the ■■■■ out of me with his wrecking ball into j.MK… I don’t see MS banning guests from a potential S4 when the reality runs so contrary to what is in this thread. I appreciate that everyone has a right to their opinion, and the forum exists for us to share these. But I think it just stands to reason that the type of hardcore fans that haunt the KI forum are going to prefer KI characters to guests. I think the more relevant consideration is, if they are going to use guests to increase the profile of the game we should be encouraging them to do that in a way that works for KI. And I think so far they have.

As far as S4, I have always been in the camp that felt KI isn’t a game that can support a gigantic roster. I know already that with three seasons worth of characters my own matchup knowledge is getting strained and it’s not unusual for me to be encountering characters that I just don’t understand every time I go online. Does that mean they shouldn’t do a S4? I don’t think so. I can’t think of a single character that I would drop off the roster just to make the game smaller, and I don’t see any true signs of design fatigue from the KI team. So, as long as they feel they can keep introducing unique and worthwhile additions to the cast, from a gameplay standpoint, I’m all for it. Is that 4 more characters, or 9 or 20? I don’t know, but I trust that the team is thinking hard about these things.

5 Likes

IG never needed to make guest characters.

I don’t care. If the compromise is that half the S4 roster is guest characters, I really don’t care.

I personally wouldn’t mind another season, big or small. I’m always up for some newbloods to join the roster, and I could care less if some of them were guests.

Lets face it - people who crave for more characters the most cant play two of existing roster properly and dont care for such petty thing as balance.

1 Like

I would have the new slots under season three to keep everybody grouped accordingly

Preach, all these level 50 multiple character players who can’t even use the dam character in the first place are abundant… I fought a few people in a lobby the other dam, one particular guy went from Rash to Thunder to Wulf to Orchird and they were all level 50, yet he couldn’t beat my Fulgore whom I just started to tryout since he joined my team in SL, My Fulgore is Level 13

I just want a new KI game with a bigger budget and staff to allow for the most complete experience.

4 Likes

@IAMDaaahhhggg and @VerminatorX, with all due respect, this is the kind of unabashed FGC snobbery that does nothing to build the community or improve the game. Different people enjoy the game in different ways. All those players who can’t play “properly” bought the game just like you did. If someone wants to grind all the characters to level 50 playing survival so they can unlock colors, that’s a legitimate way to play the game. If people were only allowed to participate in things where they were competitive in would be a pretty ■■■■■■ world. Their feedback matters and can’t just be dismissed because you beat them in lobbies. This isn’t some weird skill based plutocracy. You could make a similarly ridiculous counter argument that the devs shouldn’t listen to anyone who has only bothered to get their Fulgore to lvl. 13. “Must not really play the game much so who cares what you think? Real KI players have the whole roster at level 50. Git guud and come see me when you have all the colors and accessories unlocked.”

And your initial argument is a fallacy in any case. The only people who want more content are people who aren’t good at the game? C’mon.

15 Likes

I play the same way and have characters I don’t use at 50. What’re you saying?

I’ve never claimed to ever be any good because I started in single-player only and my goal was ultimately to reach the highest level until the character levels drop then that was my goal.

In time I decided to compete online because of the drive that I started on. In other words, let people play how they want, why should it bother you?

4 Likes

Right, what I’m suggesting is that Halo IS the deep future of KI, not that KI get itself involved in convoluted time-travel storylines. Time travel could explain Arbiter, but he could just as easily be present-time from deep space, ala Glacius. Behold, the narrative glory of portals.

Portals defy space (and given our limited understanding, time as well), and exist in the present lore, so there’s no counter-argument to be had against them. I just hope the creative team takes advantage of them.

Shoutouts to @BigBadAndy using logic and realism to hold it down. I’ll just go ahead and second him, save myself some paragraphs.

1 Like

@BigBadAndy, @oTigerSpirit

I think there is some misunderstanding here… my comment was very specific to the experience I was speaking on and not so much regarding “Lets face it, the only people…” and I do agree that every single opinion counts in this community, I was addressing a specific attitude, or seemingly lack of passion for the game beyond aesthetics… those specific players just used gimmicks, trash talk, and belligerence… I must say they seemed to know each other but it annoyed me, so I jumped out of character with my earlier post

I don’t at look down on anyone, I myself am no pro, and even if want as much people playing the game for whatever reason, the more the merrier, but I went in seeing all those stats and thought I was in for a great time with a lot of competitive FUN… Win or Lose that’s all I play for

I want all players at level 50 whether or not I use them seriously and to learn as much as possible also, who wouldn’t and achieve as much as possible also…

So I apologize about how the comment came off but that was in a more specific case not a general analysis or critique of players

4 Likes

When in doubt…time out.

So all that talk about wanting new original characters was just hot air.

You really just felt some sort of way about guest~

1 Like

I love guest characters with a burning passion. I was more hype for Arbiter then any other character this season. If IG wants to make a Season 4 with more guests, I’m in. No questions asked.

1 Like

@Ravan86 Can you do an alternative Black n’ Gray theme?

1 Like

The man got a bee in his bonnet.

Me saying I would want new characters over guest characters, no, that is real. But if they are gonna put in more guest characters, I would rather not want another season.