(Warning for 18+ only NSFW) Berserk Musou game announced for PS4, PS3, PS VITA and PC!

So I just finished watching the first episode of the new anime and I am officially a happy camper.

I could do without all the CGI though the parts where it was regular animation were my favorites overall it looks promising.

Dammit now I have to wait for next week for a new ep :cry:

1 Like

Just finished watching the first episode. The music is so, so good. I could get used to this animation, it will just take a while. Thank God, they are moving passed the bloody mess. Took them almost 20 years.

Yes the music was amazing I thought as well. I am okay with the animation just would have preferred no CGI but then again I am just happy we are finally past the damn golden age arc after 2 decades damn it is a beautiful thing!

4 Likes

I was happy about that too lol

Been meaning to watch the movie on Netflixā€¦ Havenā€™t gotten around to it yet.

Technically, itā€™s 3 movies. I recommend finding the '97 anime if you havenā€™t seen that. It goes into more detail than the movies do.

1 Like

Yes, I would suggest if you are up for it goes with the '97 anime first you can watch it in HD for free on kissanime.com but also the anime ends in a cliffhanger, the movie trilogy actually goes just a little bit further than the anime and the animation in the movies although CGI in some parts has better animation in my opinion.

1 Like

Iā€™m a Germanic/ Celtic warrior guy myself.

That has nothing to do what I was talking about. Samurai Warriors is a game series made by Koei and Omega Force which is based on Feudal Japan history, where as Dynasty Warriors is based on Chinese history.

I figured everyone here would appreciate this :joy:

4 Likes

I
canā€™t
wait
about
this!!!

But I am very disappointed about Berserk animeā€¦ Not great like mangaā€¦

Yes, I agree so far the anime has been a huge disappointment. They are cutting/rewriting so much stuff along with the terrible CGI at this point I am just watching it because it says Berserk on the title.

They are butchering such a fantastic piece of art. :cry:

1 Like

Donā€™t think itā€™ll be worth buying a system for. If Koei Tecmoā€™s history is anything to go by theyā€™ll be announcing the Xbox One version as they prepare for the Western release, but I guess youā€™ll be able to get the Japanese version earlier on PS4.

Gameplay looks good enough, disappointed by the lack of dismemberment as Guts is known for cutting am an in two.

In the trailer and other gameplay/screenshots released there is dismemberment. You can see arms and heads and bodies in half if you look closely but the blood is kind of dark which is probably why it is hard to tell but look again there is definitely body parts flying and being ripped off.

I was not getting a PS4 just for this I have wanted to play a number of exclusive(SFV, GG, BB, GoW etc) this was just that little more to push me across that line but I bought a PS4 already and returned it the same day because, in my opinion, it sucked. I hate the controller and the system got really hot (probably just the system in particular) but it really turned me off to the system and will just wait on the neo now.

Koei said they are looking into an XB1 version so I hope it happens but nothing is confirmed so far but I am hoping obviously it happens.

So true. But I donā€™t understand why they are cutting many arc?.. Seriously?

Yeah I noticed it upon further inspection there seem to be some dismemberment, I guess that addresses my one issue. Just hoping Boss Battles are more than button mashers and are somewhat true to the manga, but I wonā€™t hold my breath

I think the two reasons are

1. Low budget

2. Lost Children arc is full of naked children and them being killed.

I think you are right about this. But itā€™s Berserkā€¦ Everyone know whatā€™s Berserk aboutā€¦ There many fights, gore, rape and etcā€¦ Right?

Well most do but a lot of new people are watching Berserk for the first time as evident by this thread.

Also original anime and movies had stuff taken out like the first apostle Guts fought named Wyald (probably spelt it wrong). So this is nothing new but they skipped 2 whole arcs. They can always do a flash back type Arc that goes back and covers them but I highly doubt it. I am sure if they had a better budget we would have a more faithful and better animated adaption but as it stands we got what we got.

1 Like

So true. But Lost Children is my favorite arcā€¦ Thatā€™s why Iā€™m very disappointed. : /