(Warning for 18+ only NSFW) Berserk Musou game announced for PS4, PS3, PS VITA and PC!

I have been waiting for this forever! I am a Berserk fanatic!

If it wasn’t already obvious by my profile pic I will be buying this day one no matter what and am now off to buy me a PS4 very soon. First SFV now my precious Berserk. I do not need to give my money to Sony they pretty much just ripped it out my wallet.

@Kevbones10 @R1stormrider

5 Likes

Koei, huh. So it will be a Warriors game. Cool.

Yeah and although I haven’t been into a DW’s game in quite a few years I was hoping it would be it’s own kind of game similar to DS but I am okay with this. As long it has a decent chunk of the black swordsman arc in there I am satisfied.

Hype!hype!hype

I’ve been waiting on DW9, but nevermind. I’ll whatever Berserk content I can get! I’ve been waiting for an animated sequel to the original 90s anime. I read the manga up until a giant butterfly thing, but I lost my place and have kind of been dragging my feet to re-read it.

I am more a Samurai Warriors guy, mostly because I just enjoy the Japanese Feudal history better, along with the characters… But their take on Legend of Zelda with Hyrule Warriors was absolutely AWESOME, imo! So I’m sure they will do something great with Berserk as well!

You are in luck Berserks new anime is starting July 1st and it starts with the Black Swordsmen arc!

I highly suggest using this as motivation for picking up or rereading the manga because it has a lot more chapters since the lost children arc (butterfly/fairy girl).

All in all this game is going to be pretty sweet and is solely selling a console in me.

1 Like

Samurai Warriors that is the same as Dynasty Warriors no? Idk if it is a different team making both and which the developer of this game is I just always assumed DW and SW were the same game really.

Same genre by the same devs, just in Feudal Japan rather than China. ^^

July 1st?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ■■■■ YEAH! I can’t wait for Guts to return to my TV.

2 Likes

Oh okay gotcha makes sense.

Yes sir you can watch it on crunchyroll I believe. It is going to be epic.

I’m SO excited I had no idea until @R1stormrider mentioned it in another thread. CAN’T WAIT!

A disgusting pointless trailer to really cool sounding game. The PSvita platform inclusion removes any serious hope that the game will be high budget quality, but at least it’s coming to PC as well. Hope it’s not just mindless action, but even if it is should be awesome :slight_smile:

Not disgusting to me, having read the manga. Pointless? Maybe, but more of spoiler really.

Man, @GodtierMacho, the Overwatch Squad is going to be kinda lonely. Because once this game hits, you aren’t leaving your house for a long time. LOL XD

1 Like

I don’t know much about Berserk but I always thought the main dude was cool.

With this upcoming game, is it worth getting into the series now?
I hear that a reboot is coming for the show.

Even without the game it is worth getting into.

In my opinion Berserk is the single greatest piece of fictional story telling ever written. The anime/movies are amazing also but the manga itself is just a masterpiece imo not even trying to exaggerate.

Lets hope this game can atleast capture a bit of that excellence.

2 Likes

By the time this drops I will be long gone. BF1, TF2, Gears 4? My life will be consumed.

2 Likes

What would this be called when it drops in America? Berserk Warriors or something like that?

EDIT: Then again, the FOTNS game was called, “Fist of the North Star”

I have been a fan of the Warriors series for a really long time, so a more violent version sounds awesome. I’m not really into anime, but I have seen the first Berserk “egg” BluRay, so the concepts seem to fit.

One problem for me, though, is that I like being able to change characters to get a different tilt to gameplay, and this game probably has only a single character or a really tiny roster.

I also didn’t like Ninety Nine Nights, and the way this video showed him juggling a huge number of enemies with what looked like normal swings seemed reminiscent of that.

It’s one to keep my eye on for my Vita (the only PS system I own) but it’s not a must-buy yet.