Ultra SF2 coming to the Nintendo Switch

You can get the Megaman Legacy Collection that has 1-8, I believe (I’ll double-click just to be sure).

EDIT: Ah, poo! MM 1-6 and 9 and 10 then…

1 Like

Yeah, the last collection that had 7&8 on it was for the OG Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.

and here is the trailer gamplay

and 20:20 of gameplay and details for online gameplay

and if you want to get deep with the game… of course you can adquire your

aroud $150.00 may be

What’s that bit of weirdness in the trailer at 2:06 or so? Looks like SF IV in first person perspective?

some thing similiar for the switch like the new game Arms…

hmmm…curious. Maybe it’s something like the intro to Super SF2:

3 Likes

It’s really bizarrely out of context for the entire rest of the trailer and the game…

Yeah, that’s why I mentioned the part about it possibly being an intro…it’s just too out of place.

1 Like

I know we’ve had our differences, but <3 Geek.

I got an XB1 over the holidays, but I don’t use it every day (still gotta get a converter for sticks, it’s pretty much a better-KI box to me) - if it weren’t for this post, I wouldn’t know about Megaman on XB1.

My wife is gonna be so mad. I’m about to become Megaman for 2 weeks. Later y’all![quote=“GalacticGeek, post:21, topic:17791”]
EDIT: Ah, poo! MM 1-6 and 9 and 10 then…
[/quote]

Wait… what…? No MM8? WTF?

Maybe I won’t be taking a nostalgiac vacation thru my childhood. That’s okay. I’m a grown-up now, better to do grown-up things like laundry and cooking supper and remembering to take my pills on time. Shucks. Vacation’s over before it even started…

2 Likes

I like the graphical overhaul and the option to switch between the two, plus I hear that they changed up some of the mechanics a bit (not moves, but what moves connect to others, etc), and having some other modes like 2 on 1 is okay, but this is really kinda ridiculous to me that their even giving this any sort of fanfare.

Had they come out with ten new characters or something like that, okay, you’d have my interest, but Putting Akuma on the select screen and inserting semi-changed versions of Ryu and Ken with almost no change in their appearance… That’s just silly to me. Violent Ken? ROFL. Was he not violent before? Maybe Violent Ken and Cammy 2 Dope could team up. Yikes.

Saw Keits tweet that people shouldn’t complain about KI remix characters after seeing this, or something to that effect. Thought that was funny.

I dunno, maybe they’ll have DLC characters for it? That could be cool, I guess. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Violent Ken is more than a decade old. Someone never played CvS.

You’re right, though. He’s ROFL worthy, but it’s not like they just thought of him. They’re just including him to be E.Ryu’s counterpart… for… well, I’m sure there was a reason. They probably had [THE DARK CARNIVAL] straight up BANGING in the office that day.

OMG YOU WENT THERE!

2 Likes

Just for context, I have HDRemix for both 360 and PS3 (Free with PS Plus at some point). So yeah, the features are nice etc. it launched before SF IV In the US and so the timing was good for a few afternoons of nostalgia. If you have a Switch anyway, have somehow managed to avoid HdRemix thus far and have literally no other fighting games to play and they charge $5 or less then go for it. But they didn’t dig up grainy footage of sweaty Japanese nerds plunking down fistfuls of yen in 1992 to make a trailer for a game they aren’t going to charge $20 for. And although it’s probably more than appropriate since SF2 invented the modern concept of “milking it” with a billion iterations (all of which I played in the arcade and bought for home), this is just nutso as anything other than an afterthought for the Switch.

The fact that it is being highlighted anywhere just suggests to me how thin the Switch launch lineup is going to be and how little Nintendo has learned since they were last the leader in the console space (ironically, this was about when SF2 released on SNES). It’s increasingly clear to me that the Wii was a fortuitous accident that prolonged the slow death of Nintendo consoles that began with the N64, and GameCube and continued with WiiU. I have owned every Nintendo console ever, and every portable except the Virtual Boy and enjoyed all of them. I have been a die hard fan but I see absolutely nothing about the Switch that makes any sense at all to me. I would infinitely prefer to see Nintendo start making games on Xbox, PS and PC. But since they make all their money selling hardware and 3DS iterations I think the thing will have to sell literally zero units to get them to change course.

Sorry. End rant.

1 Like

CvS? Just booted up Millennium Fight 2000 on the trusty old Dreamcast and he’s not in it. I checked and apparently he’s in SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos. If that’s what you meant then yeah, I’ll confess that I missed that one. After the Marvel cross overs, CvS etc, I kinda fell off of the “who’s Capcom gonna versus next” wave. Also missed Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Had I known that Violent Ken was waiting for me though… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the MM collection on Xbox and its not that great. its cool for nostalgia but over all its choppy and hard as hell. Its def not better than in the past. Its complete with bugs and all. Its on the 3Ds too

1 Like

I imagine there is a nice chunk of people who just got into fighters in this current generation which means they have no way to play it unless they want to go the emulator route or do the streaming PSNow thing. I have Championship Edition on Sega but never played it as a kid and never played another SF game until V came out.

Not because I couldn’t but I just wasn’t into fighters that way at the time. I stuck around and played the MK games throughout the years casually and maybe some random other ones here and there but I didn’t “get into” fighters the way most of us here are until MKX was out so even I could experience SF2 in a way I haven’t before with this release. I could obviously dust off the old PS3 and buy HD Remix but I thought my time would be better spent on SFV/KI than playing a game on a last gen console that is probably dead and likley has bad netcode lol

This doesn’t really apply to me completely though because I plan on getting a Switch either way so I can just get it on there if it doesn’t come out on PS4/X1, but I would prefer to have it on my PS4 if such an option was available to me :slight_smile:

Ugh. Just saw Justin Wong tweeted out Violent Ken’s command dash. A dash in the context of this game is going to be super OP. It’s not even out yet and it’s already broken AF…

2 Likes

On the other hand, was any version of SF2 not broken AF?

1 Like

Soz, wasn’t trying to be a dxck, more like a playful prod. Forgot the smiley for context. :disappointed_relieved:

Was is SVC Chaos? Honestly, I wasn’t really into the CvS saga myself. I’ve always been an MvC guy up until a few years ago when I stopped messing around w/ consoles (mostly a bad break up and just other priorities in life, y’know?). I did play TvC on an emulator, and it was really fun, very simple feeling, not like the other Capcom VS games. Honestly, SFxT felt a lot like TvC, and MvC:I looks like it’ll play somewhere in between the two, which is neat.

Always has been, my man.

2 Likes

No. Fair point. Back in the day when there was nothing to do but scream “that’s so cheap!” And whack the joystick really hard as you storm away, we put up with lots of stuff, lol.

Movement speed in SF2 is so terrible unless you’re vega, though that a dash is just nuts. If you are going to give the greatest anti zoning tool ever to ONE character why would you give it to a character with a fireball and a DP?! And Ken is my SF character but still… I’m starting to think the weed budget at Capcom is higher than the budget for actually making games.

3 Likes