Ultra Breakers!

ultra counters everybody!!!..why on god’s green earth??? jk but for real explain to me why even ultra breakers should be a thing because tj revive thing for his instinct is a pain in the buttcheeks when im acing a good tj player. im going to look at it this way, if you dont want to be ultra’d right away, then don’t be in danger mode… im not tryna be mean or disheartening of your ideas because we all have them but there is a point where we must think REALISTICALLY.

edit: in the old ki games, the danger mode was a state after all your health was depleted. also to get all your health back you had to mash your buttons harder and faster than potatoes

wait it was a thing… the more you learn

These are actually mechanics that are in a way “borrowed” from Street Fighter. Both of these can be found in SF4, where certain lights cause the opponent to do a similar backflip and reposition on the ground. I played a few Sakura players who ended their juggles with this for resets. Stagger is also in SF4, kind of, but it’s known better as crumple. The major difference between crumple and stagger is stagger leaves you standing, crumple causes you to be vulnerable, but then you fall into hard knockdown after the animation.

These moves are important for a newer, more creative combo system, a new “meta” if you want to put it like that where juggles are now a more important part of the game to exploit. These are big damage opportunities and new ways of opening combos, and carry a significant balance and price to them.

What you’re talking about with gaining life back from defeat is you’re trying to find sneaky ways of beating the game at its own rules and force your way back from defeat. It doesn’t sound like this type of circumvention of the rules is very balanced. It’s little sneaky unbalanced things like this that don’t add excitement to the game, it just makes people mad. Similar to some of Rico Suave’s Shadow Jago shenanigans and some other stuff even the pros find irritating and near unblockable, a “phoenix” move should have a balance, which currently only TJ seems to do well at the moment without being broken.

1 Like

hell yeah lets includes that hold stuf back :smirk: .why nope ? and something miss me too thats the ghost move spirit … back after death

I’m still firm on this: I do NOT want Ultra-breakers. They will only drag the match on longer. I don’t care if these other features you mentioned were not part of the original KI. I don’t care if Ultra-breakers were part of KI2. Ultra-Breakers are a feature that should never come back.

@Ironflame I could not of said this better myself.

2 Likes

Here are some simple solutions

Don’t finish the round with an ultra

Don’t activate a second ultra and risk getting broken.

End the ultra once you start it, witch is basically what a lot of players do

Counter ultra

There are a ton of ways to circumvent “never ending rounds”

Limit ultra breakers to one

Have criteria like shadow stocks in order to perform…

Or, as practically everyone but you seems to think, we go with the following:

Don’t let your opponent deplete enough of your lifebar so you’re in Danger.

Don’t allow them to open you if you ARE in Danger.

If you land an ultra, you already have the same set of choices; full Ultra, Instinct/Recapture for multiple, or Ender.

If you are being Ultra’d either take the beating or quit out, because the match is already over and there isn’t a penalty.

Your suggestion is one that is not only unwanted, but completely unnecessary. KI13 is NOT KI1 or KI2, and I don’t want it to be. Let the game evolve and take the Ultra your opponent has earned.

4 Likes

Cool man if you don’t like the idea, then you don’t have to post on here. The is a suggestions post, and if you wanna go talk about all the other threads that have been talked about for months go there.

We got it you don’t like the idea. You can move along now.

Well, yes, if he wants to.

If you suggest an idea and only people that agree with you post here, one could take the wrong asumption that everybody agrees with you and maybe that’s not true. This also work in the other way.

I don’t like the OP idea either, but haven’t bothered to post until now, and there are more posts were I’m ok with the topic but didn’t post anything.

The same way you suggest him to move along, I could say the same to you. We got it you like the idea, you don’t have to repeat it any time, we get the message, but you are free(and must) to defend your idea with passion and being polite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I answered all of his “what ifs” and “what abouts” and he still doesn’t get it. At this point its just trolling. Just go on and talk about something else. Let him come up with his own idea and discuss it.

Any question about how it could work or how it wouldn’t work I would be glad to answer…But just saying

“No it won’t work.”

Is not discussing, its just trolling and repetitive.

Well, you suggest a comeback mechanic for stopping a potentially “fight ender” giving the already defeated player a chance to a comeback…

There is already a comeback mechanic, the Instinct of each character, filled each time you take damage. You suggest one more, and probably the objetive it’s simply not get stucked into long Ultras or ultra’s bugs. The first it’s part of the game, flashy and bombastic, the second not and IG aims to correct them. Also, I don’t see fair giving another chance to a player that has already lost two lifebars. Ultra’s encourage offensive behaviour and more caution in defense to the player in “danger” state, cause they know that an opener more, and they are KO, you don’t have a break more, you made your mistakes and you have to pay for them.

If you suggest it as a way to play as older KIs, I don’t agree with you. Games have to evolve, and KI1 and 2 were great, but they weren’t balanced at all, and the combo system of the curren KI it’s way better. Why look to the past? IG keeps innovating with new mechanics like stagger and Flip Out.

At the end, it’s a matter of tastes. I like the current system, you like your idea, and that’s cool. I want to hear more ideas than the ones I have, because maybe you bring something that I like and my opinion can change, but this is not the case. The same goes for others that have posted here.

Lot’s of us have given reasons why we think it won’t work, and discussed why it is out of place for season 3 (or any for that matter). I don’t think any of us have simply posted to the negative without some reasoning or discussion as to why, although I do see a few sarcastic responses in your defense. But us offering constructive reasoning to the negative isn’t the same as trolling.

Trolling would be posts resorting to name calling, insults, and other demeaning behavior. I think we’ve at least all been respectful enough to not drop to that level.

I’ve posted several reasons why I don’t think this would be a good idea, but the main one is really, this wouldn’t do anything but make people mad. It’s not funny, hilarious, or strategic, it’s basically a way to bypass the most integral and well known facet of fighting games since they have existed: when your life bar hits 0, you’re KO. If we end up messing with that one fundamental, it will make people furious enough to stop playing after they see it happen several times. While it’s difficult to accept a full Ultra or double or triple even, it will pale in comparison to how many people in their fury will delete this game off their hard drives after they feel people can “Cheat” their way out of defeat.

I have gone into more detail in the OP. It is in bold to go into more detail on how I think it could work. I apreciate you at least being respectful, and not just dissmisve and childish.

I’m posting questions to your stated topic, and then replying to your responses. That’s the exact definition of discussion.

The reasons that you have posted for adding this as a feature essentially boil down to “I want it,” or very subjective opinions, rather than displaying a decent argument for how this really adds something worthwhile to the KI experience as a whole. This feature would also add a ton of rules, restrictions, and exceptions which would, in my opinion, unnecessarily over-complicate the end of a match. Many other people have posted similar feelings as I have, and posts that don’t support your request (with explanations and evidence) have received the overwhelming majority of Likes in the thread, compared to two for posts supporting your request; only one of which was on one of your posts. These facts alone should be giving you the idea that this feature isn’t being well received by the community, not just me.

The way the game currently works, landing an Ultra on an opponent in Danger immediately ends the match. The loser is free to quit without additional penalty. Your feature disrupts the flow of the match, because the game is no longer over once the Ultra has been activated - the only disruption which exists is TJ’s Last Breath, and that forces an Ultra Ender immediately, which minimizes the disrupt in the first place.

With your suggestion (in response to my questions) about only being able to “revive” after a second/third Ultra, this will not be something which will ever occur during tournament play, meaning the “big hype” moment you seem to be looking for would only be a couch feature, or online; even so, the number of times you would have this opportunity in an un-rigged situation are likely very small, because as long as no second Ultra is attempted, you can’t revive. I also don’t believe that TJ’s comeback possibility feature should lose it’s uniqueness by giving this ability to other characters.

Let me ask you this, are you thinking about this in “HIGH COMPETITIVE PLAY” mid set? Or just casual playing with friends having fun play?

I can tell you this right now, this would I NO WAY effect high competition play because in high stakes comps they don’t do full ultras. They don’t need to, the only way it would effect high level competitive play is if someone felt cocky enough to do a double or triple ultra durring a comp. Which if your playing for money you would have to be crazy or dumb.

Cool I get it you can quit without penaltly…but that is boring, and quite frankly lame. This is a way to just give the losing player, 1 SMALL chance to maybe land a PERFECT DOUBLE SHADDOW FULL KV METER AND MAYBE COUNTER BREAKER to make a comback.

I went into more detail on how much health you gain, and it is not much at all, like I said, chip damage from a light jab would kill the player… I would suggest going over the new details in the OP then feel free to ask.

You’re assuming I haven’t already read your update to the OP - none of those details changes my mind about this request, or changes the fact that what you’re asking for would add a lot of complication to what is probably the simplest part of a match; the already-decided end result.

It doesn’t matter what level of play you will or won’t see this on. I have seen some high level play with full ultras, regardless of the utility of it or not. But the level of play this mechanic is used at isn’t the concern, because whether you play at high level, low level, casual with friends, online ranked, online exhibition, online lobby, learning curve, pro streamer, etc., the mechanic would be present. You can’t regard how a mechanic is used at one level of play without considering them all, and for the general online consensus, it would give reason for no one to use Ultras ever again.

When you take assured victory and make it risky to throw out stylish combos and finishers, it’s such an anti-climactic and furious experience that you can’t see your character go into overdrive and pump out the best and longest combos you’ve got. Even those who stand over there opponents after a KO who taunt and teabag, to an extent (I hate that I have to say this) they have earned that right to indulge in their victory.

Victory is hard enough to earn sometimes, but when it can be easily stolen, especially in a moment of celebration, it will do nothing but drive any level of player away, because it can’t just happen to casuals, to pros, to trolls, to ranked players, it can happen to ANYONE. If pro players can get royally cheesed enough by Shadow Jago’s teleport into uppercut, and even they can’t counter, I don’t see a mechanic like this doing anything but making people mad enough to leave the game forever.

I already know you have made your decision. So there is no point into further trying to convince YOU. That doesn’t mean this can’t be discussed. Like I said you made up your mind, and are unwilling to even fatham how maybe “hey maybe this could work if this were added, or what about if this”.

You don’t want to even ENTERTAIN the idea so why still bother on this post? You can, but every post you make is just

“no”

So why u still here? should I just quit replying to you? There are plenty of topics to discuss. If you made up your mind, then thats that.

How would anything be stolen? thats like saying counter breaking is unfair because it breaks combos lol…

Can you give me an example of someone STEALING a victory using the ultra breaker system I proposed. So then maybe I could offer you a rebbutle or explanation?