Ultra Breakers!

Trust me after you have seen every ultra since season one it gets boring. Thankfully they added the ender feature.

The glitches people are pulling off now using ultra enders are pretty interesting some are pretty creative.

I care too, & Iā€™m at the Killer rankā€¦

its more of an opinion than a fact considering i have been playing since s1 and still love the ultras

1 Like

It may be an opinion but how often do you see ultra combos in tournaments? I rarely see full ultra combos anymore in regular online play

its not that they are boring they are time consumingā€¦ and same for online play when your on rankedā€¦ as of right now lobby is swarming with noobies who mash they dont know how to even do jagos dp!!! i still enjoy them because the musical beat, cant speak for everyone RIGHT SWIFT??

1 Like

no no no no no, hell no!

Well if you take NOBODY as a completely litteral term noā€¦but I would argue most of us who have had the game since S1 have had our fill of full ultrasā€¦ Im not saying it was a bad idea to add them, it was great I would almost say necissary. The problem is is lack of varietyā€¦

So you right. I canā€™t speak for every one, but i rarely see full ultras anymore personally.

I donā€™t really do Ultras much, as Iā€™m usually more interested in the actual fight. My ultras are usually reserved for retribution for some teabagging/taunting.

Maybe an Ultra Breaker could be considered for Opener > Ultra, which is similar to Opener > Ender by some logic. But if you lose the match, the Ultra Breaker seems like an attempt to circumvent defeat and the rules of the game and to try to turn it around. If you could master such a maneuver, then some matches could go one indefinitely unless you simply defeat them without the Ultra attempt, and whereā€™s the fun in that? Any mechanic that allows you to overpower defeat seems too OP to go unchecked. TJā€™s is in good balance, but to make something anyone can exploit like this seemsā€¦unjust.

@Infilament Could you explain this a bit further? You tend to have a well informed opinion regarding the gameplay mechanics, why do you think there shouldnā€™t be a breakable moment before activating Ultra? Also, Cinderā€™s fireflash is - by 3 more frames, I donā€™t think that was called for, what do you believe?

Then an ā€œULTRA COUNTER!!!ā€ could be implemented if this ever became a thingā€¦same as reading people for regular breaks. Again if a ulra starts it would not be breakable during the ultra sequence, but lets say you pop instinct and go for a double or triple ultra, when you have/or choose to continue the combo using linkers and such you run the risk of getting Ultra Broken, but still can Ultra Counter. If you go directley into ender though, there is no way to break it.

I think it would be a good way to keep the game going and would actually make Ultras more exciting knowing there is risk when doing long ultras.

I just think youā€™ve had the entire game to combo break, so if you get hit in danger, itā€™s fine that you lose. Also, not every method of getting hit leads to ultra (DPs, launcher starters, etc) so it changes how you play in an interesting way to me. Also, adding the fact that you must put a break point before an ultra is actually sort of a weird exception to a rule that doesnā€™t need to exist. For example, you donā€™t need to put a breakable window between opener-ender, it just makes it breakable. If you were to die from opener-ender, for example, you canā€™t break it. Opener-ultra is just that same situation, so saying ā€œyou canā€™t ultra unless there is a break pointā€ is actually adding an exception.

I think Cinder fired up DP being unsafe is a good change, yeah. Too silly otherwise, it proved too difficult to reliably punish in KIā€™s fast-paced flow and he got too much off of it on hit for it to be super hard to punish (like, if you were a few frames too slow, not only did you not punish but you got put in the juggle blender). -6 isnā€™t really that bad eitherā€¦ from some ranges I bet itā€™s pretty safe, and the combo starter on the punish will pretty much always be a light attack so itā€™s not too bad.

3 Likes

I agree. As much as I hate getting trippled Ultraā€™d I think this is bull**** and there is no reason to delay a match any longer because of it.

Besides OP, once Ultras are initiated or Ultimates your characterā€™s life is GONE which means you my friend are already dead.

Thereā€™s just no point it. Itā€™s the end of the match let it go.

and yes I have played the original KIs but that has hardly a darn diddley thing to do here. I did love the original KIs but there are some things from the old KIs that do not belong here on the new game in my opinion. and Ultra breakers are one of those.

Someone suggested this once before and it was not met with a welcoming tone.

2 Likes

Personally I think we can build on that.

Iā€™m not for Ultra Breakers, they had them in KI2, while they were fun, I donā€™t believe they would fit well in KI3.

What I wouldnā€™t mind seeing just to add some salt. is that even if your life bar is gone, if youā€™re still in the combo but havenā€™t initiated the ultra yet, your combo can be broken.

there could be some restrictions like: Shadow meter has to be full, Instinct bar full, etcā€¦

I think that could be fun and then the losing player would just fall, doesnā€™t get a second breath or anything.

Sure, itā€™d take away from the celebration but I think it would just create more laughs than anything.

I suppose I can see it your way on the Opener to Ultra situation, I really donā€™t have much to add off of that.

Cinderā€™s Fireflash though, Iā€™m not sold on. I donā€™t mind the fire pillar being shadow counter-able, but from experience, It was pretty punishable already without the added frames.

Iā€™ve heard worse ideas (counter-counter breakers) but Ultras work perfectly as is.
I see no benefit to this.

1 Like

Well I do see a possible option. If the opponent is doing an Ultra,the victim can spend all meter and instinct to cancel the ultra and both characters start dancing. The player who did the ultra still wins of course.

Just yell out

ā€œUltra Breaker!!!ā€

Or

ā€œUltra counter!!!ā€

It does have some ring to it. If we look at this for what it is a ā€œsuggestionā€ and add some feed back it could be something added later. This game isnā€™t final, so anything can be added in the future.

What exactly does the ā€œringā€ have to do with it? I donā€™t agree with it simply because:

1- Once the Ultraā€™s done, your already dead.

2- There is absolutely NO reason to drag the match on any further.

Once the Ultra or Ultimate is performed itā€™s over and itā€™s done the losing opponent is done for, no more need for that.

2 Likes

Not if you try to do a double or triple trouble if you read the OP then you would understand that you would get a small amount of health back similar to the original killer instinct games . Different mechanics can be added at a later time Iā€™m not saying this should be in the next patch and has to be in the next batch but it might be something worth looking into.

Was stagger in the original concept of KI or was flip outs part of the original concept of KI. I donā€™t think so thatā€™s the beauty of killer instinct at the moments tweaks and adjustments can be made overtime.

The difference is people are actually interested and excited for those mechanics. You seem to be alone on this ultra breaker thing.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, ultra breakers were hated upon when KI2 came out since they were major hype killers for doing an ultra. If that was the case, then it wouldnā€™t make sense to bring back a mechanic that was despised by players already