Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

hey you want to play online?

Sorry, I’m not home. I actually haven’t even played KI in over a year. I was excited when I heard about the ultimates, but feel a little let down. I probably won’t play it anytime soon. Thanks anyways, though!

LOL im going to play som sudoko

1 Like

why not.
Heave you been to the trollers thread?

Been playing a lot of Dark Souls 3 since it was released last year. Come to think of it, I think it’s the only game I’ve played. Wait, I played Unravel and Inside. Yeah, that’s about it.

I always want to come back to KI, but the glitches and direction it’s gone, has just turned me off from it. Lost all of my progress a few times, and just don’t want to deal with that again. I still see people complaining about losing their KI gold or not being able to access stuff they’ve purchased.

I like 3D Bingo.
What thread is this anyway?

What do you expect?

It is not your opinions on the Ultimates that bother people, or even you for that matter. It is the constant my opinion should be a fact thing. I am not saying you did this, but most of us here have seen this before on several topics here.

What bothered people were the “cheap and lazy” remarks. While they are just opinions, those statements carry a insulting tone with them. Now if you thought you could post a negative remark on the main page of a game “this one, or any other game” and not get responses from “fanboys”, then you are being naive. “Not that being naive is a bad thing”.

Now before you call me a fan boy, go read some of my other thread posts, or just ask some of the people here :slight_smile:

Some Ultimates need to be bad for the great ones to shine. I have not seen Riptors yet, so I can’t comment. I wait until I do them to see them.

1 Like

Chill out and stay on topic.

1 Like

Sorry I forgot where not alone anymore.

You’ve seen me post 2 memes and a video.

One meme was pointing out your misuse of the word “creative”

The other meme was a sincere thank you because I’m always looking for good ideas to make funny memes for the KI meme thread. :grin:

And the video was essentially laughing at the absurdity of claiming that MK characters don’t get killed in vicious and gory ways and then get back up to fight in the next match.

They were not instigating. if anything they were intended to help you see how your hard held definitions and opinions might not be as correct as you thought they were.

But still, don’t put on the whole community what 1 member did.

LOL this happens many times within a round.
Its a blood bath.

[quote=“SadisticRage76, post:128, topic:20288”]
It is not your opinions on the Ultimates that bother people, or even you for that matter. It is the constant my opinion should be a fact thing. I am not saying you did this, but most of us here have seen this before on several topics here. [/quote]
I get it, but to be fair, I never said my opinion was fact. I posted a few times. People started going on the offensive about how I’m wrong. I replied. I never said anyone who likes the ultimates was wrong. I never disrespected anyone’s opinion.

And that’s fine. I’ve got no problem getting responses from what I post. I did not flame or attack anyone. However, this forum is open to all. Loving every aspect of the game is not a requirement. People who dislike the game should be given the same respect as those who do.

In regards to “cheap and lazey,” there’s no denying that IG has cut a lot of corners with these ultimates. Reused assets, recycling of special moves, etc. Go on any other forums, and you won’t find much love for them.

If the devs want to have an official forum, they should be open to criticism as well, no matter how harsh it may be.

I don’t think we’re on the same page with this. What I was referring to was story and arcade mode. I don’t kill Sub-Zero with a fatality, and then fight him again as the next character in the ladder. Follow?

Online and local versus, of course the characters are killed and can be selected again next match. What I meant is when you play arcade or story mode. It’s okay to kill a character because you won’t be facing them again in that particular playthrough.

So what is you expect from IG?
What would you do better.

Yeah, I follow and get what you were saying.
But how the arcade ladder works wasn’t what I was referring to when I used MK as an example. I was referring to vs matches, doing a fatality and the opponent is back up and ready to go the next match. The ambiguity of the Ultimates keeps that absurd scenario from being as prominent.

I would definitely cut the off-screen censoring, and figure out a way to make them brutal, while still keeping them inside the scope of the teen rating. The off-screen seems to be what’s disappointing people the most. You can get away with a lot with the teen rating. MKvsDCU had plenty of death in it’s finishing moves and was still rated teen.

As I mentioned above, maybe have the loser’s head get spun around on the final hit of TJ’s ultimate. While it’s not the most clever of ideas, it’s still better than just a series of punches, hearkens back to his classic neck breaker no mercy, and it would make it a little more brutal while still keeping it within the teen rating.