Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

I mean, all the Ultimates looked like they died, so…

To me they are dead.

Hence why I said “using a bit of hyperbole”. It was an exaggeration to make a point. :unamused:

What was the point? That it was possible to do all of that in the one second the screen goes black?

I think the screen goes white, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

The point was to say the death is implied…heavily implied, but implied nonetheless. It was not definite. It was not final. once the screen went black you don’t know what the hell was going on.

You seem keen on making sure we know that “Ultimate” equates to “certain defined death” when even the original Ultimates left it up to your imagination in several instances.

Really? You’re going to try to argue that the fat belly, her rubbing her belly, and the burping and farting wasn’t the result of eating her opponent. Whatever dude.

There were a few, but definitely not several. I just watched them all, and I only count two, maybe three, that are questionable. The rest are easy to see the loser was killed. Even in Orchid’s flash, the loser grabs their chest implying a heart attack.

No, I’m arguing that you are holding one set of standards to KI1’s Ultimates and a separate set of standards to KI3’s Ultimates.

Riptor faces her opponent and proceeds to torch in the direction where they were lying and curls up next to the fire she made.
“OMG Why don’t we see them DIEEEE!! This is awful, fix it!!!”

Riptor lunges at her opponent, the screen goes black, she comes back with a full gut, burps & farts.
“Ah, I see what they were going for there. Sure, that’s good.”

:unamused:

1 Like

It’s the same for her new Ultimate, though. You don’t see the opponent disintegrating in flame, but it’s easily the most likely scenario.

Even just a couple examples proves the point that Ultimates don’t inherently mean killing. Whatever the old standard though, this is the new KI and choosing to keep death ambiguous is perfectly acceptable.

2 Likes

@fuzzd0rk I recommend cleaning up the needlessly aggressive tone to your posts. Disliking the Ultimates or wanting to change them is fine, but such criticism needs to be constructive rather than being argumentative and inciting argument. IG and MS are designing the Ultimates in a particular way, and while they will never please everyone the Ultimates have generally been well received.

Just because you don’t particularly like one, two, or all of them doesn’t mean that everyone else is wrong.

7 Likes

Sorry, never said anyone else’s opinion was wrong. Haven’t criticized anyone’s opinion of the ultimates in any way. However, that’s all I seem to be getting about my own opinions.

Go back and read all of my posts in this thread. You won’t find me bash anyone’s opinion about the ultimates. As a moderator, I though you would’ve done that by now.

This was my original post…

…and I have been getting hounded and ganged up on ever since. Maybe you should be directing your advice at other people. In my opinion, you’re allowing that aggression to build. Even more so by singling me out instead of telling others about respecting the opinions of those who don’t like the ultimates.

I clearly stated why I don’t like them right off the bat. I didn’t just come in here crying they suck. I think they’re cheap, lazy, and un-creative. But it appears that if you don’t absolutely love everything about this game, you can expect to catch hell from the majority here.

No it really doesn’t. Three out of 22 (less than 14%) do not explicitly imply death. That means over 85% do. That’s an overwhelming majority. The intent was definitely death, with a few added in for humor. The same can be said for MKs fatalities. They’re obviously meant to kill, but there are humorous ones thrown in here and there in the earlier games.

That’s… that’s probably what he meant by insinuating an argument.

Yet, they accused me of insinuating anyone who likes the ultimates are wrong, which I’ve never said. Not once. Something that should’ve been known already if they read all of my posts.

You think calling someone’s work “cheap and lazy” isn’t insulting?

It may be to the developers, but that’s not the issue here. The issue is about member opinions and how people seem to get attacked here if they say anything negative about the game.

Ehhhhhhhh…

Whatever you say.

@fuzzd0rk You’re continuously ringing the “it isn’t creative” bell as though something which doesn’t meet your personal approval cannot in any way be creative. What you want is absolute, complete proof of a kill, which MS have specifically stated they are avoiding by leaving it ambiguous, (but canonically fatal) likely due to the T rating.

You don’t like that, and want to discuss and debate it calmly and constructively, that’s fine. But your posts have been full of clearly aggressive tone and knee-jerk responses, and the community is responding in kind. Instead of having a reasonable, calm discussion you’ve decided to kick the hive; now you’re complaining about getting stung.

The overly aggressive, nonconstructive attitude displayed in your posts is the reason you’re being “attacked,” not simply the fact that you don’t like something about KI.

Plenty of people post dislikes all the time without issue, because they’re being reasonable and rational about their discussion.

3 Likes

psst… dont.

1 Like

Can you please cite some examples of my posts that are overly aggressive please? I see maybe two sentences where I got a little snarky, but what exactly was “overly aggressive?”

I see people posting memes and videos to instigate. How is that any better?