Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

ok you win-

I totally agree with your assessment and scores. It is what it is thoughā€¦ wish it were more but overall Im not disappointed or anything.

1 Like

Great minds think alike Mr! <3

1 Like

He already knows all thisā€¦ he is just stating what he would prefer if it were possible.

I guess so.

Yeah the technical problems behind working all the backgrounds was not an option.

However if Iā€™m leaving criticism here for the next KI id kinda like them to make the stages ultimate and multiple camera ready.

As it stands I just love that this game is getting content still after 3 years

The pure fact that IG is taking time to do ULTIMATES when I am already happy with the game is nutz.

Also, I dont care.

3 Likes

@fuzzd0rk itā€™s just generally how one behave that is the problem, negative critisism is fine but if itā€™s not helpful, itā€™s useless, the same with overly positive feelings.

While the people who do not like it are pretty verbal about the Ultimates, I can see thereā€™s a bit more likes than dislikes, so if anything itā€™s more or less even, but even so, just because a majority doesnā€™t like it still makes it an opinion. You just happen to be on the side that doesnā€™t like it. And that is perfectly fine, but it isnā€™t bad that other people like it.

Yeah I hope in the next game, assumingwe even get one, and the devs are willing to put in Ultimates for the next game (hopefully as a standard and not waiting three years to get them) I hope they will find a way to do it for next time.

This game isnā€™t perfect but nothing really is anyway. Though I still love it. This is getting close to ebing the ā€œultimateā€ KI for me, but thatā€™s something Iā€™ll save for later : p

1 Like

I think the main issue isnā€™t that you are providing negative criticism. Itā€™s more that the criticism isnā€™t constructive and everyone has the problem with that part. If it is constructive, negative criticism isnā€™t really a problem here. Not too sure if that is what is going on though.

I get the constructive part, but letā€™s not split hairs here. Itā€™s no secret that IG is re-using a lot of assets, animations, etc. for the ultimates. It is what it is. However, in at least one instance, I did offer how to improve on one (TJ Combo) by simply spinning the loserā€™s head around on the final blow, and that was instantly shot down. That seems to be constructive to me. I offered an idea that makes the ultimate more brutal without gore, requires no new assets, and no new motion capture. Yet, that still isnā€™t good enough. People keep telling me Iā€™m being too abrasive, etc., but thatā€™s all Iā€™ve received from others so far.

Iā€™ve searched through old threads and posts, and Iā€™ve seen a lot of complaints about a mob mentality here when it comes to criticizing the game. From my own experience here the last few days, I have to agree with them. Even a mod told me to stop telling people their opinions are wrong, when I never even did anything of the sort.

Regardless, people need to drop it already, or else weā€™re all going to start getting flagged for going off topic.

1 Like

So far, your among those who never called out anyone for disagreeing with you. But if you want to show them you are being constructive with your negative criticism, I have a suggestion. Try telling the devs how they can improve the ultimates. This can help the negative criticism become constructive which is what the devs will listen to as well.

As far as the majority, I think that plenty of that could be due to nostalgia. Alot of people may have been hoping for a remake of the old ultimates.

I would say nostalgia definitely does play a part. The original KI games were dark. This reboot is somewhat cartoonish. However, from what Iā€™ve seen so far, the off-screen censoring seems to be whatā€™s bugging people the most.

Thereā€™s so much more IG could be doing with the ultimates to push that teen rating while avoiding the creation of new assets, motion capture, etc. I wish they would explain why theyā€™ve decided to take such a reserved stance with them. I donā€™t understand this whole ambiguous approach.

Wellā€¦the orignal KI games did have their comedic moments. I donā€™t think Riptorā€™s ultimate in the old K should have a crtoon belly bulge. There shouldā€™ve been some torn flesh from the victim.

Then there is humiliations.

Orchid flash attack which gets funny reactions from the cast

TJā€™s screen punch

Thuderā€™s upper cut

These are alle examples of funny moments in KI-1. There is also a few

As for your second point, you could give IG a few suggestions on how they can achieve what your looking for, without becoming the M-rating. Heck! you can give a suggestion on how to improve the the current ultimates.

Areā€¦are you actually serious right now?

1 Like

When you take into account the graphic capabilities of the time, yes, you can see the original KI was meant to be a dark, violent game. Sure they threw in a few humorous things, which Iā€™m sure was due to the ESRB thing MK caused. As I mentioned before, over 85% of the no mercies show a clear, non-ambiguous, non-humorous kill on-screen. Besides for the few shown a few posts above, I never questioned whether or not the loser was killed in any of the no mercies.

As far as the overall style of the new KI, yes it looks cartoonish to me. I wish the characters were slightly more realistic looking.

1 Like

I guessā€¦itā€™s up to interpretation? I guess?

ā€¦

Iā€™m sorry this is all nonsense to me.

How the hell can you say the game wasnā€™t meant to be humorous when Orchid flashing her ā– ā– ā– ā–  is an ultimate? TJ punching a guy at the screen? Maya shrinking someone? You donā€™t make that stuff in an intentionally dark game. And donā€™t argue with me that MK has Babalities and Humiliations and stuff, because those games had a clearly cheesy undertone too.

Then give the devs a suggestion. Tell them how to improve the current ultimates, tell them what needs to be changed.

1 Like

I did that already in the appropriate thread. This thread doesnā€™t seem to be intended for that, although I did offer one idea.

Um, yes, cause that would make me legit sad.

I cannot imagine anyone crying or getting scared when playing the original KI. Iā€™d think itā€™s more likely theyā€™re laughing at the voice lines or ultimates, or banging their heads to the upbeat music.

Precisely what comes to mind right off the bat when people say the old KI was ā€œdarkerā€

Wellā€¦

:slight_smile: