Ultimates Vs Our Expectations

I hope he actually freezes the opponent in a solid block of ice or turns them into an icey statue and after it, it can deterior rate into snow particle or Glacius could just stand there with a cool ■■■ pose.

I say this cause so far there’s not technical “freezing” in KI and Glacius would be the best candidate to do this.

Or summon all kinds of shatter projectiles and capsulate the opponent in ice and make it explode on them*

Preferably I’d like to see some freezing happen but even so, it’s always important to rethink the expectation.

Gargos needs to be INSANE! I’d like to see him throw someone in a portal and just do an onslaut of portal punches before tossing them into a red portal being grabbed by demons and stuff.

I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with Glacius but I’m fully expecting they won’t do any of the things I’m thinking of…

They so far have resisted the pull of nostalgia and the Ultimates have essentially no connection to prior finishers so that leaves out some of the obvious possibilities with Glacius. Or maybe they will reverse the trend and completely copy one of his old finishers.

I hope it’s not the melting puddle or blob one, I didn’t like those as much as the freezing ones, but then again you never know what’s gonna happen. Lol

would be cool if he calls forth a hail super storm, engulfing the opponent, then puddle uppercuts them into pieces

I would honestly like it if he just grabbed his opponent and then went into a portal above earth akin to his SL ending, spread his wings the same way, and just let go. And then you would see his opponent slowly drift out of sight falling back towards Earth.

1 Like

Oh! no pun intended of course lol.

One of the onez who saw glacius’s ultimate said that it’s easily in the top 5 best.

That sounds intresting. Now I just ahve to make sur eI keep a green bar.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_shintristan/status/855178893699026948

Real recognize real.

1 Like

Just throwing my penny in.

I love the Ultimates! They are awesome. Of course with everything creative you can think of other ways or other things you might have liked better but all in all I think they have been great.

My scores are below:

Jago: 7.5
Thunder: 9
Maya: 9
TJ: 6
Tusk: 9.5
Sadira: 8
Killgore: 9.5
Fulgore: 8
Riptor: 6
Shadow Jago: 7

I think that’s everyone.

My only problem is animation. Most of it is fine but if you compare it to street fighter 5 super art animation it can be a little stiff.

Personally I’d have rather had the backgrounds vissible also. I dont really get the black… Well I do technically but visually I think it gives you less wow.

I understand the backgrounds were not made to be seen from off angles BUT I’d rather the devs spent more time extending the background so they fit the Ultimates.

Shadow jagos was the perfect example of how much better it looked with just a sky box added.

2 Likes

I like the screen going black. Alot of older games did this during boss fights and special points in a game. I just look at as a tribute to all the older games that did that.

Thanks @WandaMaximoff. I thought this was worth pulling out to say again.

2 Likes

I mean lets be honest! Where does it end?

multiple ultimates?
musical ultimates?
custom ultimates?

one based on every shadow or super move?

lol everything can be added too. But as they stand these are pretty good! Just dont expect to agree with them all.

<3

3 Likes

Ah dude! i know what you mean!

im just not down with it. Cammys super moves on SF5 would feel silly if they didn’t show how far and high up she flys into the air?

the backgrounds give the moves more angles and depth.

also with a background you can get a true sense of speed and direction with motion blur etc. You also feel the hit MORE when they hit the floor rather than slamming into just a dark invisible wall.

not to mention i love seeing that little bit extra of the stage…

of course its just my opinion but thats the thought behind it. I know WHY the stages goes back im cool with it but im just saying for me its not the best option.

i mean for me THIS was just perfect. I do prefer the more flashy version in S3 but seeing the floor and the sky is just giving the WHOLE game another dimension.

VS a man just flying all over a screen lol

@WandaMaximoff There is a very good reason behind the black background.

This was the only step they had to take to make Ultimates work on all stages, the thing is the black-background was as far as the devs could pull it, the only way to get an Ultimate to happen on all stages. This is because in order to pull that move off they would have to put a camera in every single stage for a character’s Ultimate to work and that just wouldn’t work out and wewould likely not even get them to start with.

When DH did Shago’s Ultimate they had a special camera put on his stage that allowed him to do an Ultimate since this isn’t the game’s camera we’re seeing and it was only found on Shago’s stage it could of only been on his stage where the Ultimate could happen.

That’s technically why we no longer see a background ala S1 for Shago’s Ultimate. If I had to choose that or no Ultimates, I would choose the black background any day.

My hypothosis on this is: Alternatively if they stuck with that goal like in S1 You could only do your Ultimate in your characters specific stage and unless you don’t mind only doing an Ultra, you’d have to pick your chosen character’s stage over and over again. At least in my case that’s what would happen.

In my personal opinion though it’s the classic MK darkening background just like the old KI accept it takes everything off so the focus on you and your opponent the final satisfying blow! : )

4 Likes

If no one is willing to be civil in their discussion, it’s best to ignore them and move on.

1 Like

Uncivil? Please cite examples of where I was abusive, used profanity, disrespected another member’s opinions, etc. Thanks.

I simply shared my opinion that I felt the ultimates so far are lazy and un-creative. Pretty much nobody has respected my opinion at all, but I’m somehow the bad guy.

This thread is about what our expectations are for the ultimates versus what we’re getting. How is not liking them somehow wrong to talk about in this thread?

And to be quite honest, this is the only website I’ve been to recently that doesn’t have an overwhelming majority of people who do not like the ultimates so far. Youtube, GameFAQs, EventHubs, KI fansites, etc. Most people do not like them.

Really? If anything, your post is not only trolling, but instigating. There was absolutely no reason to post that.

I haven’t played KI in over a year because it got boring for me. When I heard ultimates were getting added, I got excited. However, after I saw what we are getting, I was disappointed. How does the last time I played the game somehow invalidate my opinions about it. I’ve still invested in all three seasons. I have a right to voice my feelings about the game just as much as anyone else.

Then you should have simply went back to what you where
doing after making you suggestions heard.
If you have not played in over a year and want to remain
active on the forums that’s ok too.

The thing is you have a very blunt, aggressive, abrasive
agitating tone that makes it difficult to keep up with.

Good Luck, have fun-

Sigh…once again, accusations without citing any specific examples. It just further is proving my suspicions that negative criticism is just simply not allowed here. The fact that I used the word “un-creative” seems to be the only reason people are upset.