Ultimates Ultra Pack

If yall want to hear what should have been, let me get some likes… Keep in mind good ideas are often abused and taken by others to make millions. ie facebook. But I’m willing to share my vision for free on this one.

The animation of when they hit the ground, is very good. Perfect since of weight.

1 Like

349 likes vs 259 dislikes is still about 71% positive feedback. That is by no means a failing grade.

3 Likes

With 608 total votes, 349 is actually only 57% positive…

3 Likes

I fudged the math but it’s still a D. That’s a passing grade. The majority of the feedback is positive, even nothing that @rukizzel expected the response to be divisive

That’s perhaps because TJ’s was the first that diverted away from expectation. Now it’s getting to the point that you’re not one of the cool kids if you’re not bashing on the Ultimates that trade expectation for character.

That number of dislikes simply tells me that there are a lot of people that have been playing KI that have likely been filling in the missing pieces of KI with their own (MKX) ideas, and turns out the Ultimates didn’t go that way.

3 Likes

This has never been about MKX… Ultimates are not about blood, guts and violence… It’s about ironic, over the top creativity, hype and out of no where nostalgia. Which is what KI was built upon.

2 Likes

Yes it was cute, I cannot accept other fighters popping in glory while my baby failed her ultimate.
Sorry.

1 Like

Tell that to all the people that come onto the forums on a near-daily basis to complain about how the game needs to shed the T rating for a M

And we’re getting that? :confused:

1 Like

Also I feel if whomever animated this sequence show an angle of riptor looking with her cocked head in confusion as the loser misses the ‘bite’ it’d be more effective…

Kinda wonder who green lights these sequences.

It’s ultimately free content so no problem.

1 Like

1 of my favorites so far.Well done guys! :grinning:

4 Likes

At least you get one. My character may never get one lol

1 Like

Thank you! If I would have said that ish. The whole forum would have ganged up on me again. It’s all about effectively conveying what you’re trying to convey more effectively, so people aren’t left saying “wtf” was that?

1 Like

On another note let’s count how many times we can cram the word convey into a single sentence. Lol

Yes

I just feel a few frames of another angle could have made this a winning sequence.

Sort of like your Kim Wu ultimate shows transition and is very easy to understand.

It takes 10 views to get where the animator was trying to take us and then we are all left to doctor up what should have been done in the middle of the animation sequence. Lol

There’s even more confusion with the stance of riptor after landing.

I almost thought her curl was new animation until someone reminded us it is actually her time-out animation

I don’t play her anyway- if the riptor mains like it then let it be

Riptor’s Ultimate is not the best but does not deserve the hate imo.

Most hating people expected MKX tier finishers lmao.

4 Likes

Yes… the very nature of YouTube comments requires more than a single glance in order to be taken seriously

Flip it upside down and look at the image of it right side up, you can see it. It’s a similar expression she makes when the time out occurs and she loses.

A good point o3o

I would agree on that cause last I checked dislikes were stil held back by the likes on YT.

a GOOD THEORY.

Lol

Yes. I agree with this. I think the concept is fine, but the ending execution is just a little off to the point where the concept of her being sad/frustrated she missed is not clear. I think it should be obvious on first view to anyone that sees it, and it wasn’t for a lot of people, including myself. I think that’s problematic for something like this.

I think a reason it doesn’t quite play is due to the order of animations. She lands, does the fire breathing, hangs her head first, then turns around quickly. That seems out of order, which leads to some confusion. Having her quickly turn first, reacting immediately then hanging her head a bit longer before going crazy might make it more clear.

Chances are they might not be able to revisit this due to time, but I really hope they can. I think a little tweaking on the ending animation order/timing could result in a huge improvement. It’s a fun idea, but is just not quite there in execution as-is.

I’m fine with it either way I thought it was funny but no where near as funny as Kilgores was. I think what would’ve sold the idea of her missing the initial bite better is that they could show her trying desperately to bite her opponent on the way back down.

Anyway I find it funny that people complain about how a characters ultimate doesn’t match what they thought it should have been so the devs shouldn’t have even bothered, yet you have a character like omen who is finally getting the same amount of colors as everyone else and may not even get an ultimate.

2 Likes