Ultimates Ultra Pack

This was soo dam awesome and clever to me, CLEVER GIRL… I like the comedic aspect of it, upholding the fun & funny that we love Ki for…

I don’t mean to be a cheerleader or be all “take the opposing view” but this is honestly one of my favorites. It was unexpectedly funny, brutal and cute at the same time. I don’t know how an ultimate achieves all of that, but it did.

As soon as they went up in to the air I was like “hmm, another air ultimate, guessing it’ll be fire… Oh crap, she missed!” Then the little tantrum after? I dunno, I thought it was great. And the curling up on the opponent’s charred ashes (implied, I know) just seemed perfect.

Definite points for creativity on this one. I loved it!

9 Likes

Jago creates Fireball from his Ki… Riptor is not human… She mechanically generates the heat… very easy to understand…

not directed to you but generally people need to lower their expectations of Ultimates… I just posted this on the youtube video but please research the original ultimates which were 2 sec long btw, and adjust your expectations… Ultimates are not MKX Fatalities… stop expecting that

1 Like

I guess those Jago nerfs had a bigger impact than we realized :joy:

That or he just throws like a girl (figuratively speaking).

4 Likes

talk about curbing expectations am I right? Lol

Just realized they didn’t do one for Cinder cause fire, but Riptor also does fire now. Lol XD

5 Likes

I just glad TIME OUT animations are being used!

2 Likes

I’m glad to see that you are starting to see hehe.

Same here.

On the positive side, this one is kind of cute (just a little) and like @FallofSeraphs76 said, a time out animation was used.

On the negative side though, this is another lackluster ultimate. It’s as bad and disappointing as tj’s and sadira’s.

Here’s one thing I don’t understand: Isgreen said he wanted to hold back cinder because we already have 2 characters that burn their opponent (jago, fulgore) but with riptor now we have 3, so what gives?

I think the difference is, is that this one is for comedic use. Honestly, this one is my favorite just for how silly it is.

3 Likes

1 Like

Watched it three times, had no clue what was happening until i saw people say she missed the bite. I thought it was a weird kind of intimidation snap before the kill or something which then made no sense why they both flopped on the floor. I think the problem is that it’s not clear what she’s going for since we’ve never seen a launch into bite, so when she fails we don’t realize she failed until afterward.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to hear how you guys try and defend this crap. lol. .

Remember. The ultimates aren’t supposed to show us everything. HAHA!!

2 Likes

Then you don’t understand what’s going on then.
Go play MK

…And this is how only 15 characters will get ultimates.

They go outta their way to actually gives us what we’ve been asking for and the yapping commences

8 Likes

Yeah, I admit it wasn’t waht I expected but I do give points for how funny it was.

What I thought it was going to be using her claws to maul the enemy. But this was a suprise to me. It was a pleasant one to.

@Hayabusaslice Someone seems disappointed.

@VladKravich

Yeah, I was expecting no fire here to. But, I still think it wasn’t as bad as TJ’s. TJ is just punching, punching and more punching. But as some defenders of TJ’s ultimate would say, that just part of his character. I also think the Sadira ultimate was fine, though I know some of the hate came from the following.

Not using spiders and that we don’t see her slitting her opponents throat.

1 Like

This.

2 Likes

She missed the bite dude, what were you expecting? if you don’t like it, that’s fine cause that’s your opinion and it’s on you : >

Yeah I don’t see how this is as dissapointing as T.Js I think it’s because Riptor isn’t doing the eating people alive like a cartoon much like in KI1 or it generally was just what people were not expecting I guess?

3 Likes

Indeed so, its sad really, but never the less

That’s probably it.

If it was up to me, I would have preferred sadira to hang the opponent by the neck and then only show the silhouette of the opponent along with sadira posing.

Yeah it still manages to beat tj’s.

Riptor showing off and toying with her food… misses the killer bite. Looks fustrated and figures… oh well… burn them and go to sleep. Comedic… or would you prefer the fat belly, burp and ■■■■ of her original ultimate? Lol

1 Like

Indeed, I think it’s because of the fact that it’s just in TJ’s character to throw punches. How further can you go? maybe punching so far they go upinto the sky then land on their head which break their necks.

1 Like