Ultimates Monster Pack

I liked the ending to Mira’s Ultimate. Perhaps it could be enhanced by a scream or something but that’s just a small nitpick of mine. My main issue is that the beginning is just boring. There isn’t really anything that other characters can’t do.

Preaching to the choir bud.

1 Like

I kinda hoped that Mira’s would’ve involved her biting the opponent more viciously, but I’m just too indifferent about it. It might not be my favorite, but I liked some of her sexy postures, and it, just almost like everybody else’s, is kinda better than the ones in the old games.

1 Like

this ultimate easily replaces TJs as worst in the game in my opinion. Though there have been moments where ultimates have been tweaked slightly such as Riptors flames after the backlash that received so I’ll withhold harsher judgment until I see it in person.

I think the biggest “WTF were they thinking?” part of the ultimate is that the bite lasts for about half a second.

So… what?.. there was no blood sucking? She just bit and let go? With no audio cues suggesting otherwise, I’d say that’s all that happened.

3 Likes

There are slurping sounds immediately after the bite.

From what I understand from the numerous vampire movies I’ve seen in my lifetime they bite for 2 purposes: one is because they’re thirsty (hungry?)…the other is because they’re ripping open the jugular for an insta-kill. My guess is from the animation she’s not so much concerned with her appetite.

1 Like

Or 3. The intent was to have someone turn into a vampire.

4 to regenerate (underworld franchise)

1 Like

God!!! I Love you. :kissing_heart:

That’s so true this one, at least for A Network worker, you know Ive seen so many peoples fired after we get Attacks on one of our Internal servers a virus was intruded and crypted some Clients files, after investigation we knew exacty what happened " because someone did not his work like it should and did not secure one port on this new server"

just to let them know that they are some situation we can’t not jokes with it!

1 Like

Ok, 4 purposes.

2 Likes

In my honest opinion her ultimate is not good. It made me feel the exact same way about TJ’s it left me thinking, seriously? is that it?.

One idea I came up with in about 5 minutes was that she surrounded the opponent in a large cloud of mist blinding their vision, and summon a bunch of bats to attack and maybe mist appear behind them for a non awkward finishing blow/bite.

I would love she started out by with the blood axe dp, then swoop up the bite the opponent, when they land, the opponent is groggy but still barely standing, then she points (while laughing) and the blood geyser devours them into nothing…

All of this testosterone driven nonsense about people deserving to be fired has nothing to do with KI’s design team and everything to do with you not having enough life experience to know that there are things you shouldn’t be so glib about. I hope some half wit know nothing shows up at your work place to criticize you and demand you be fired.

The people given this “important job” were also given a budget and a deadline. Sometimes things don’t work out as well as you plan, despite your best efforts. You know absolutely nothing about the process behind the Ultimates. Maybe under those circumstances it’s better to reserve your comments to things you can actually speak about.

Your opinion about the ultimate is welcome. Leave the armchair HR at home.

Are you ■■■■■■■ serious? Do you ever read what you write?

I’m pretty sure we’ve had this exact conversation before. Coming up with ideas is easy. Coming up with ideas that you can implement within your time/budget/technology limitations, and then executing them effectively is something else all together.

8 Likes

TFW the Ultimate text looks more violent than the finisher. (Mira)

Oh well, hit and miss with this pack so far.

1 Like

Time, budget etc etc is no excuse as far as ultimates go, look at what they have created for some other characters. This ultimate, just like TJ’s is lazy. I suppose what I am asking for is a bit more consistency with the quality of the ultimates and yes some will be better than others, But TJ’s and Mira’s are in the wtf category. I hope we do no get any more that fit into this group.

If I were to guess on how the Ultimates were made, I’d say the dev team were given a budget and a deadline, and were likely told to reuse/remix assets as much as possible. They pitched their ideas, got a green light, and went to work. Just looking at Mira’s it looks like it sounded great on paper, but in reality the assets didn’t given them the best ways to approach the on-paper ideas, and once they started work on them there was no looking back.

Who knows? Unless anyone on the MS or IG teams wants to divulge all the hows and whys and limitations and achievements we’re all just p*ssing in the dark.

Ultimates should have been a community fund.

Ultimates being free is AWESOME, but I’m sure die hard fans, and a few non-die-hard fans like me, would have been happy to give 5-10 for them.

2 Likes

Spoken Like someone who knows nothing. Thanks for confirming. Ridiculous.

Multiple completely unsupported assumptions in here. First, that people would have paid. Second, that the number of people paying would have provided a bigger budget than they were given. I doubt both of these assumptions. More importantly, even if you don’t, you should qualify these statements because, frankly you know nothing about marketing, game design, the budget for Ultimates or much else. I know it sounds like I’m being a ■■■■ here but everyone is always popping off about stuff that they are completely ignorant about.

3 Likes

Considering we had a thread pop up where the forum community very strongly voiced that they wouldn’t be willing to pay for ultimates I don’t think that’d be the case.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m as big a ki fan as the next fella, but I’m glad the ultimates were free.
As the developers said it was a way to pay homage to the source material (i.e. the original game) and as a thank you to the loyal fan base that have stuck it out since the beginning. To this I think it was a beautiful and fitting sentiment. But to play devil’s advocate, ok price for ultimates $5 each… How long would it be before ki becomes the punch line of a bad joke like freemium games. Sure the game is free but all the cool crap is hidden behind a pay wall, then ki just turns into a South Park episode and the whole lot of us just get crapped on by beelzeboot.

2 Likes