Ultimates Monster Pack

Thank you, for better directing my complaint than I could.

Every one of these posts where you insist on firing an employee as a necessary response effectively boils down to “I don’t like it”.

Not everyone will like everything, so following that logic any time something is released a person should lose their job for it, because not everyone is pleased by the result.

I don’t see how this makes any sense. Some people will like Mira’s Ultimate, some people will be indifferent, some people will actively dislike it. All of these are fine. But I fail to see how the correct response is to remove a staff member.

Have you polled every single person who has played KI to see what they think about the Ultimate in question, or even every forum member (being that these forums are a small but dedicated part of the KI community as a whole)? I doubt it. Declaring particular ratios for like/dislike is hyperbolic at best without having done the research.

As I said, some will react positively, some will react negatively, and some will not care either way. That’s really the closest we get to accurate facts on this.

Don’t like Mira’s Ultimate, fine - you’re welcome to that opinion. I recommend you don’t use it, or play a different character.

4 Likes

Well, Mira’s Ultimate is nowhere near the level of hype/badass it needed to be but I’m not joining the school of thought that one bad animation means the death knell for KI. The latest idea that seems to be floating around the KI community is that if one animation isn’t fully realised as a concept, the game is going to die, are we really that jaded to the point where that school of thought seems rational in the slightest?

12 Likes

Well, I agree with your attempt to acquire proof through numbers. But the numbers that support either side of our argument simply don’t exist. None of the numbers we have are accurate, or even traceable in some cases, so we have to look at each with a grain of salt.

YouTube likes and dislikes are not very reliable, so we obviously aren’t going to say that the “likes” represent everyone who likes them, and the “dislikes” represent everyone who doesn’t.

So, I just look at the ratios compared to older KI news
 and I see a decline.

Forum posts are VERY difficult to track by numbers, and even if we could, it still wouldn’t be accurate.

So, I just look at a few key points:

• how much support/hate?
  • how passionate is the support/hate?
  • which groups of people provide support/hate?

and I see hate growing over support.

These examples, along with other observations from multiple parts of the audience, show me that support is waning, and quality of the content is dropping.

That is how I reach my conclusions. If you DO have a few magic numbers that you believe will support your argument, please share them. But I’m pretty sure you get your information on audience support just like I do, through collecting and comparing trends wherever you find them.

Edit:
@xSkeletalx this answers your concern, too.
I personally don’t like Miras ultimate, yes
 But, that is not the core of my complaint. I’m talking about the trends over time that show me that most of the audience believes quality is dropping. Even the people who are super optimistic about everything are posting responses that are less and less passionate.

1 Like

I don’t, nobody does. Hence, asking for someone being fired with non existant numbers is pretty crazy

You can’t ask for someone being fired with that.

I don’t like the Ultimate either, but I LOVE what is important about the game for me(Gameplay).

I can post here expressing my dislike about the ultimate, that’s fine. Doing so, among others, may conditionate them when doing new ultimates if they ever happen.

But ask for people being fired without anything to prove why they should be fired
 is just despicable man.

Can’t you see that?

4 Likes

Ok guys
 drop it. Take it to a PM or something. Its all opinion based and no one should be fired.

ENOUGH

3 Likes

What I’m saying:

“We don’t have numbers, so you can’t defend them”

What you are saying:

“We dont have numbers, so you can’t attack them”

But my point is: we do have TRENDS.

The trends say that something needs changing.

4 Likes

I didn’t said that. I said that you can’t ask for someone to be fired because you(or a lot of people) don’t like an Ultimate. Is not your decision to make.

I’m not stopping you from doing constructive criticism. What you are doing is not. You are being super destructive.

And even if you are right and something needs to change, that doesn’t mean someone has to be fired

Here is the basis for why I am calling for firings:

Maybe if I put it into detail it will appear less “destructive”.

(All of the following is clearly implied by my original statement , but apparently it isn’t as “clear” as I thought
)

There is a clear decline (based on trends in the community) of quality in content, and support that follows. Now, more than ever, it seems most people agree that the content we are getting is disappointing.

So, looking at this from a business perspective, it appears that some department in the development cycle is doing a bad job of understanding what we want, or doing a bad job of producing quality with the resources they have. What ever group of people that is, they need to be closely reviewed.

Many game devs have done better jobs than this with less resources. Knowing this, the only variable left is the employee.

Again, from a business standpoint, when an employee makes a mistake, it’s ok. Not a big deal

But when an employee makes an action, it turns out to not be a good one, then they RECIEVE CORRECTION, and continue to make the same mistakes, then their position should be revoked.

When you consider the importance of positions like this, this truth is magnified 1000x.

For the people who want to talk “budget”, here’s something for you:

YES, it’s difficult to create quality with low resources, but if they did a good job of it ONE time, it would cause more people to play or purchase content, resulting in a better budget for later projects. In the same way bad decisions cause budget to spiral down, good decisions cause growth. (As proven by any good franchise in the industry"

3 Likes

No one deserves to be fired

7 Likes

None of what you said, would make sense if you worked in a game development studio. I don’t even know if you’ve ever been let go or had to let someone go, if you can so casually suggest something. Its not a nice thing, neither party feels better afterwards (unless one of those parties sucked way more than Mira).

I should let this end here, but I always have something to say when people question the development cycle of a game. I just spent 14 hours (6 days a week for the last two) trying to make a game experience better for people that’ll never know of the work I did because that’s the point, you’ll only see the bugs that we missed. It is inevitable that a playerbase will find way more issues way quicker than ANY dev team, sometimes the entire team of people working on a game can be 60 or less people, including testers! Even the crappiest game on any platform will have atleast twice the playerbase before its demise.

Sorry for the wall, please try to be a little more empathetic to the people working to give you this experience. Please.

2 Likes

I havent read all this wall of text but get this straight:

IG can do as well as MS lets them with their allowance and funds.

/thread

1 Like

The sad thing is in the trailers they have better snapshots of the ultras making them more dynamic. I wish they’d apply this to the ultimates and ultras.

I know they don’t because of double ultras and what not. But there’s nothing stopping them.

In saying that they gave us dynamic lvl4 Ender’s and people threw their toys down.

Yes, I have been fired. It was totally deserved. I did not intentionally do anything wrong, and I was not lazy. I gave the job my 100%, but I was just not suited for the task.

@MandrillManiac you might need a reality check. “No one deserves to be fired” is an absurd statement. Businesses need to be maintained, customers need good service, and employees need to push to do their best. If you aren’t capable of contributing to that environment, then you deserve to be ejected from it.

Ask any boss, ask any disappointed customer, ask any good employee.

5 Likes

You seem pretty bitter over a video game.Why stop with firing someone?How about a good old fashion beheading! Or death by stoning or firing squad!

1 Like

To be fair I am out of my element

But to be fired over something like this?

2 Likes

All of this firing nonsense is also suggesting that MS is unhappy with Mira’s Ultimate. My guess is if they were unhappy with it being in its current form they would have nipped it in the bud long before it ever reached the public. The fact that it is currently being shown is proof that MS/IG are content with the results. Now whether we are content with it is another story. My guess is most players aren’t going to be going completely apesh*t over one Ultimate, especially considering it’s still in character for Mira even if the execution or direction aren’t what we would have liked. They will likely just play the game and accept it the very, very small part of the game it is and continue playing.

7 Likes

Okay, I’m going to be as brutally honest as possible. This ultimate sucks, it’s incredibly clunky, simple and underwhelming. Does that mean it’s detrimental towards the outcome of the game? No, just my opinion from someone who already doesn’t like Mira, seriously take it with a grain of salt.

Should someone be fired for it? No, that is absolutely absurd. Why? Because you need to take into account several factors for the outcome; budget, time management, subjectiveness and mistakes.

So if the same guy/gal who made Tusk’s ultimate made Mira’s, he/she deserves to be let go? No, that’s silly and not how things work in a professional environment. I understand if you accidentally sent a shipment to the wrong address and cost the company an incredible profit loss and so on. But when it’s subjective and people already tend to complain about everything in this game, it shouldn’t put someones position in jeopardy.

Anyway, just some food for thought. Either way, I enjoy the ultimates and appreciate their addition to the game. Do I like this one in particular? Nah, but that’s just me, so take it as you will.

Dude, you’re arguing against something that is literally cost-free. This may apply well elsewhere, but not in it’s current context. It’s like wanting someone fired at McDonalds because their free water cup didn’t serve water cold enough or the cup wasn’t the right size and so on.

4 Likes

It just means it passed their approval. Doesn’t mean it’s good.

3 Likes

I was honestly hoping for something better, but I kinda like the spin and the off-camera bite. Sure, Mira bites are pretty normal and take off no damage, but this had a little more of an “ending” feeling to it. That said, I still think it’s the worst so far, or maybe a slight notch above TJ’s, but it’s especially disappointing for me, as Mira’s one of my favorites. She’s a vampire with a lot of moves, so it would’ve been nice to see the dev team’s imagination wander a bit more.

Still, and I don’t mean to pile on, @ZDhome, but putting out something that a few people on a message board dislike shouldn’t mean that someone deserves to lose their livelihood, especially when that “something” constitutes roughly .00001% of the actual game.

Also, how about we stop with the generalizing about what we perceive to be “trends” or what “most people” agree on? All that ever usually amounts to is someone using anecdotal evidence from some majority that’s concocted using questionable means to support whatever the arguers opinion is, as if throwing a lot of faceless, voiceless, near-imaginary people behind an opinion somehow lends it more value when all it usually has the opposite effect.

We know what we like and don’t like and we know what a few people on a forum like and don’t like and the same goes for social media, but even then, that’s an exceedingly anecdotal method of trying to form some sort of mass consensus on anything to do with this game.

How about we just speak for ourselves and maybe respect the fact that other people might like certain things that we dislike, and that because of that, if for no other reason (which there are
 several in fact), maybe we don’t need to call for strangers to lose their source of income over subjective things like this, especially when we have no idea what else they’ve worked on in the game. For all we know, they could’ve done some amazing stuff and you’d want to can them for one misstep that may not even be a misstep to some people?

5 Likes