Ultimates Monster Pack

[quote=“JetstreamDan, post:104, topic:21844, full:true”]

And how do you or any of us know they didn’t go all out, or at the very least do the best they could within their means?[/quote]

…are you seriously looking at Mira’s ultimate and saying they for sure did their best with her?

YES, this is exactly what I wanted from Sabrewulf. It fits his character, shows his ferocity, those camera angles are great. and that first person view allows us to really feel the ultimate while simultaneously staying within the rating.

4 Likes

I suppose it depends on what you think they were trying to achieve. To me, it just looks like they made her Ultimate in a way that fits her character’s personality. Same with everyone’s Ultimate, even T’s. Now whether or not we collectively like how they went with anyone’s Ultimate is subject to taste, but if you ask me both Mira’s and Wolf’s could have been done better (subjective, I know), but they both fit their character well.

Yea I just don’t see it for Mira, I can’t look at hers without thinking “they worked on it for 6 minutes, spent an extra 30 to make sure it collided with each character properly, then called it a day”

I think I’ve figured out my favorite part of this Ultimate: it’s FAST!
There’s next to no down time on this one. He doesn’t give you any room to breath whatsoever. After he snaps into it he only gets faster and closer to his wild side. The instinct pop is a nice touch, showing him bulking up with glowing eyes beautifully amplifies to his monstrous nature.

Sabrewulf is what convinced me to go from being a button masher in S1 who never played fighters to climbing up to someone who has all but one character at max level. He’s the reason I play KI and I can say I don’t know if I could be happier with hiw this turned out.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Yes, I’m looking at Mira’s ultimate and saying, “personally it’s not my favorite, but they probably did the best they could within their means.”

As Ed Boon recently said on Twitter: “nothing funnier than someone (who knows nothing about making games) calling a developer ‘lazy’”

This is the disconnect between the developers and us the consumers. Try not to be an arm chair developer.

8 Likes

IF MIRA S FANGS GREW REALLY LONG, AND HER SKIN AND EYES LOOKED LIKE " THE PHEONIX" FROM THE XMEN LAST STAND MOVIE DURING HER ULTIMATE… OH YEAH!!! thats an idea i could really ‘sink my teeth’ into

Can’t say it isn’t what I expected, but its ferocious in its presentation. Does him a lot of justice, and that final pose with the stare! Adorable. Spoopy, but adorable.

3 Likes

Don’t recall hearing anyone say that.

1 Like

Sabrewulf’s ultimate is really good :slight_smile: It is a big turn around from Mira’s crappy one.

1 Like

YES!!! As someone who considers Wulf to be in his top three characters of all three games (along with Combo and Maya), I was waiting for this one, and it’s fantastic. The speed of Wulf slashing at his opponent before going all out with a dual clawed strike that I can imagine ripped the enemy in half was cool. With all the limitations considered, this was probably the best I could have hoped for with Wulf. Very happy to see this one.

And with that, I can safely say that I’m happy with all my mains Ultimates. Even TJ’s, lol (though I still wish there was a loud neck snapping sound in his). All that’s left is to hope for the best for Hisako and Glacius. Also to pray, perform voodoo, sing ritualistic chants and maybe make deals with Kan-Ra for the rest of the cast to get Ultimates.

1 Like

Watches Saberwulf’s Ultimate

It’s ok.

8 Likes

I like it.

2 Likes

Don’t lump me in with others. While I do admit I’m far from being a professional(it pains me to say it but I’m not even close to where I wish I was), I am however trying to make something of my own work.

Putting that aside, anyone who’s worked on 3D animation before can take one look at Mira’s and tell you it was compiled using premade assets that are saved on file and only takes a few seconds to load, the twirl was an edited version of her kick special(forgot the name) pretty much everything she did was an edited special. The opponents reaction though was brand new though, as well as her movement in the beginning and end. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying “only use new stuff” I’m just saying if your going to save time by using premade assets at least be more creative with it.

now you can say the same for pretty much every ultimate in terms of assets, but the difference is that the other ones are used in such a way that they feel more dynamic, plus the camera angles helped to bring them to life.

Just look at Aria’s. Like Mira its riddled with reused animation with from what I can tell 1 new thing, however the overall choreography and dynamic camera really made it stand out as one of the best ones.

Sabrewulf, in a way falls under the same category as Aria. The same old stuff with slight differences but with the overall presentation having some real thought put into it.

1 Like

Sabrewulf’s Ultimate makes me want to go out and purchase a Sabrewulf pup right now!

5 Likes

congrats to the fans of sabrewulf who are liking it

2 Likes

To be fair, the bar for Ultimates this time around is very low, in my opinion.

A lot are bad but when we get one that’s decent, we praise it like it’s wow factor.

3 Likes

With this much complaining over the first 15 Ultimates. I don’t see them ever making Ultimates for the rest of the cast.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed it’s always a complaint of some kind. I believe what we were trying to say was thank you…

Dwan Johnson your wanted for your musical number.