Ultimate Source Figures - Nearing Launch!

Yeah pretty disappointed with Shago having 2 figure specific colors. Love that he’s getting more colors. Don’t love that I have to buy a second figure for it. Inb4 “It’s just a color, you don’t need it, blah blah blah.”

5 Likes

So it’s 2 shago and 2 jagos. Wow.
The jagos I understand cause they’re gonna be very different but the shagos are the same figure without the number. Tad unfair for the people who shelled out for him.
Why was it not brought up when LE shago was unveiled that a standard version would be coming aswell or was it to create demand.

I was gonna get the entire line was figures but maybe I should wait for LE fulgore, sabre and hisako. Which will be the exact same slapped in a different box with a number and new colour.

2 Likes

Hold up… You’re telling me there is an 11TH COLOR for shago and the only way I can get it is to buy ANOTHER SHAGO FIGURE? Wtf…

5 Likes

LOL. Guys, you need to understand that getting every color for any or all the character is going to cost you money. I would recommend not worrying too much about whether you have access to every color in the game or not. KI is not the only game to sell limited edition skins or even to include limited edition skins with statues.

1 Like

Apparently they decided later they wanted to make it a regular figure. I don’t complain much, but I do feel this is shady and false advertising. You can’t market something as a 5000 piece ONLY limited edition figure, then just throw it in a different box later and sell it again. Doing so completely devalues something we bought under a false pretense. I feel everyone who has the Limited should get the Color 11 free.

5 Likes

As in we didn’t sell all 5000. So really re-box them, put in a new colour and get them to buy it again.
Marketing 101 it seems.

I caved in the last time because it was meant to be LE, sure as hell not doing it again

1 Like

That’s why I caved. The notion that once it’s gone it’s gone. Again, not fussing, just stating facts… this was false advertising.

4 Likes

This is a dumb move. Some people are completionists that want to have everything and are even willing to buy all the figures. But nobody is going to buy the same figure again for a different color.

I guess they wanted to make color 10 even more exclusive to show in-game that the owner is one of the limited edition purchasers. But by doing this they have locked us limited edition owners from getting this one. It’s like retailer-specific DLC. Not cool.

1 Like

this whole post is spot on

exactly

1 Like

Why should you guys get the color for free? Because you want it? Sorry, but that makes no sense. If you want the color buy the statue. If you don’t want to buy the statue, don’t. End of story.

Why should I buy the same statue TWICE? Why did I pay extra for the first one in the first place? It’s not like this new edition happens two years later or something. Shago sales have never stopped. What was so limited about the first one then? By making color 10 exclusive to limited edition owners, they are locking us out from color 11.

So in the end, color 10 is as excusive to me as color 11 is as exclusive to them. Why did I pay more than them, then?

I made a commitment to have every color for shago, now they are effectively locking me out from accomplishing such thing. Buying yet another statue is what makes no sense.

3 Likes

It’s not that Andy. It’s the exact same figure that we were told was a LE.
I don’t care bout the colours anymore. I just think it was a ■■■■ move

Sorry guys, it is exactly that. This “■■■■” move is pretty darn common in the world of collectible stuff. Your limited edition is numbered and packaged in special collector’s packaging - and comes with exclusive access to color 10. The standard edition does not. It’s not false advertising - I would be pretty careful about using that phrase because it is legally defined. You got exactly what was advertised.

If you want to wail and gnash teeth and demand a refund because they are making an unlimited run of the Shago figures - then that’s your business. But I’m still missing the part where you should get color 11…

Now where are you seeing this?

I never said I wanted colour 11. If they said at the time he’ll be available as a part of the normal range then I’d be fine with that.
But they didn’t.
Changed the box and slapped a number on a piece of card and raised the price. Rest is the exact same.
I collect certainly ranges and I’ve yet to see something like that.

Yeah, I’m not just replying to you. @tedakin and @Filemoncio have both said they should get color 11.

But in regard to taking off the number and slapping it in a different box - is this your first experience with collectibles?

Nope I collect different ranges of things. I usually go for a collectors version but its never the same thing in a different box.
I’d go for things you can’t usually get. That’s why I bit for shago.

1 Like

I already got the Limited Shago with color 10, so I definitely will not buy another for color 11. If color 11 becomes available for purchase later, I will buy it.

Ask & ye shall receive:

3 Likes

Awesome - Dugtrio has never looked more horrific!

That is messed up… lol