Ultimate Community Fundraiser

I pledge my support.

1 Like

Or they could look like Shago’s Ultimate

1 Like

No need for it because it’s a T-rated game? Pretty sure both the SNES and N64 versions were T-rated and had some really cool Ultimates.

2 Likes

KI was never MK levels of gore but it was very violent. Not because of what you see, but rather what you didn’t see.

Very disappointed to see so many otherwise level-headed users take such obvious troll-bait from the devs.

It is very simple: Ultimates for the game as a whole are deconfirmed for the future when it is implicitly stated that they will never happen. Otherwise, don’t be so easily taken. The wording of the statement was very specifically chosen. Besides, don’t you think it’s odd that they have yet to answer anybody’s request for clarification to its ambiguity?

3 Likes

We expect them to be on the same level as Shago’s Ultimates have ways of being creative, WITHOUT the dismemberment and gore. May want to think a bit more on that.

That’s my issue, it sounded like they were very sure and clear abut Ultimates no longer being a thing. In otherwords if Shago’s the only that has it, it will not count as anything. I feel very irratated that they won’t even try even after season is done.

And that is the major reason my hype for the future content isn’t going to be as high. I admit, Ultimates are minor compared to the importance of game-play, but it was one of the major things I was looking forward to. Since Ultimates may not really be a thing, I really don’t have much else to look forward to. So in short, the main attraction for seasn3 in my opinion isn’t really there.

1 Like

Lots of good ideas, though I’m more interested in fixing up Omen.

me thinks he should be delt with later. I know Omen isn’t perfect but I think he’s fine as he is for now.

Yeah, just at some point he should be polished.

They were, Cause I played’em both.

Well, I guess I’m one of the people who doesn’t want to see that goofiness return.

I’d be up for it, but I also want to see Omen get the ‘Shago treatment.’

I know. But I chose the worst as the prime example :slight_smile:

I absolutely would buy some KI gold or boosters to support.

Guys, give it a rest. IGS knows how much we want ultimates, and fundraiser isn’t going to prove anything they don’t already know.

If we get ultimates, then great. If we don’t, I’m sure they’ll give us a good reason.

They said nothing about the future and kind of dodged the question entirely. If they weren’t going to do ultimates, they could’ve just said “We’re not doing ultimates for this iteration of KI, sorry guys.” Instead they said “Shago is the only character with an ultimate.” A vague, calculated phrase that says nothing about the future, and people are already rioting.

Please, guys, you’re all giving me a migraine.

3 Likes

You forgot he other word they said: "Shago is the only one with an Ultimate in this video game" what can you make out of that?

We don’t know what they really mean at this point, this is going to continue till we know for sure if they’ll follow up with it. And if they don’t well expect the topic to shift to something more venting then none.

This is not a kind of issue that can be swiped aside. They said something that seemed provacative to some of us and with what’s popping up just seems unsure. Attempting to quail the scenario in the manner isn’t going to put a stop to it unless a dev adds anything.

It will quiet down with time. Personally I hope they were trolling and actually will have something planned for Ultimates. But topics like these go on for a bit longer until we get an answer. Until then I suggest just waiting it out.

It seems pretty clear that there are not going to be ultimates. Unless the IG crew are deliberately dicking with us - which would be shame on them.

I like Ultimates, and I am generally supportive of buying into the game. But I am hesitant to say yes to this poll. First of all, I don’t really like Shadow Jago’s ultimate. It’s nothing like the old ultimates, it doesn’t really have much to do with Shago as a character and it’s not that interesting. It was cool when they launched it, because he was a hidden boss and he had a special finisher. But I’m long ago sick of it. So, it’s not that I’m opposed to ultimates, it’s just that I don’t really see a huge value in adding them. I actually prefer the stage enders.

1 Like

Pretty sure that adds nothing, it’s still just referring to the present.

1 Like

This
 this this and this.

It’s one thing to have a thread or four, but the thirst for ultimates is beginning to permeate FAR too many threads (at times, totally off topic; this thread being an obvious exception) and it’s becoming very difficult to avoid the discussion.

I considered for a moment, last night before bed, that it might be a good idea to merge topics and have an “Ultimates Mega Thread” (a la the Guest Character thread)
 but then I realized that I like the mods here, and tasking them with finding such a massive numeration of Ultimate posts to merge them would practically be my asking them to take up an enormous amount of their time in a painstaking manner. I couldn’t find the heart to do such a thing to them.

I don’t think he’s trying to sweep anything aside
 I think he’s saying that Ultimate posts have become so voluminous that he’s grown tired of the discussion, and that only so much insight can be gained from fevered speculation surrounding one sentence.

3 Likes