Ultimate Community Fundraiser

I ca aree with you on that But if they said in the stream he can only do it on his stage, yet here we see he did on Riptor’s Stage…maybe they were trolling?..I honestly don’t know at this point. Who knows…maybe they’ll change their mind but it’s never solid sometimes.

They said it in a textual stream on the old forums for Shago that it would only work on Shadow Tiger’s Lair.

doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.

Right. On stream they said it could be done anywhere, but we didn’t see it during the live matches because you have to be getting a supreme victory for it to be available

I just re-watched the stream and you were right. I guess I didn’t catch that because I left the stream earlier due to my dissapointment. At that moment I was so bummed about Ultimates only going to Shago I just didn’t care what else they had to showcase I suppose. Though I’m bit more calm now, but still pretty salty.

1 Like

To everyone, well we’ll know soon enough if they plan on adding them for anyone else. If Kim-Wu doesn’t have it in her trailer or the initial characters don’t have it then they likely have no plans to add them at any time. IG has kinda shown so far that the team is so small that they can’t afford to go back and add anything that’s not ABSOLUTELY necessary (i.e. The poor quality of some retros and TJs taunt).

I just kinda want to put this up to let the devs know that at the end of S3 if the choice comes down to adding it or not, please do not let the answer be no because of budget reasons. The community will support the effort, sure we may not want to do so for something we see as necessary but games have a budget, and let’s be honest Ultimates are fluff. Extremely important fluff, but fluff nonetheless and money has to go to more crucial things first.

1 Like

I voted no be a useful I’m notrying paying for something that should already be there. What’s next? A fund raiser for humiliation?
The line has to be drawn at this point

YES

Take my money

All you guys wanting to turn this current KI into a clown version of MK with requests of Humiliations. This game doesn’t need that. I wouldn’t mind Ultimates since the look of Shago’s one doesn’t involve someone being decapitated.

Yeah, James said only Shadow Jago has an ultimate. Which is true he is the only one having one right now :smirk: he didn’t say yes or no.

2 Likes

Mmmm for me it depends…They should look like the season 1 ultimate that is for sure.

But I have a feeling they might look like the stage ultras in terms of quality and well they are…um…interesting

I dunno I voted yes just trying to look on the bright side

hheeeeeeelllllllll yeahhhhhh . for sure yesssssssss :grin:

please dont forget the orchid KI2 suit inside that funds :wink:

Finsihing moves has always been a thing in KI. infact Oldschool MK Brutalities were just bloody ultra-combos. But if ya wanna turn that around we can say just as easily that Ultra-combos are just SF hyper-combos. finishing moves aren’t (c) to a specific game.

Besides I’m not pushing for decapitation or gore. Ultimates are possible without dismemberment. It’s about creative thinking. When/If ultimates become a thing you still have your Ultras and whatnot.

1 Like

I think that Shago is truly a preview of what’s to come in Season 3, going beyond the new stagger mechanic. The fact that they invested the time to make his ultimate fade to black and work on any stage gives me hope that each character will receive their own ultimate in season 3 along with implementing the new Stagger Mechanic. I feel like Jeff’s answer was somewhat coded. Shadow Jago is currently the only character in the game with an ultimate, but that doesn’t mean he will remain the only one once season 3 drops. I just think IG wants us to be really hyped about season 3, and they’re not going to leak that info until it’s time to unleash the season 3 hype train. While I don’t think a fundraiser is necessary because I truly believe that they already have plans to implement ultimates for the entire cast, I would certainly not be opposed to contributing to making this already fantastic game and community even better.

4 Likes

I will not vote.

Its unrealistic to think that every feature not included in the game can be solved with a fundraiser.

Besides, I suspect this fundraiser would need a quantity of money several orders of magnitude higher than Shago’s.

:cry: yeah man but we dont have choice if we need a good full game. cause they are in lack of resources.

i hope so also.

[quote=“salindy13, post:30, topic:3030, full:true”]All you guys wanting to turn this current KI into a clown version of MK with requests of Humiliations. This game doesn’t need that. I wouldn’t mind Ultimates since the look of Shago’s one doesn’t involve someone being decapitated.
[/quote]You must have forgotten that old KI was a parody, it was funny, it had farting velociraptors, comically over-sized turret heads, 4th wall breaking screen smashing enders and boob-flashing finishers. KI is supposed to be a little comical, that is where the series gets its roots. It doesn’t matter what MK does, KI is supposed to be fun and not take itself to seriously.

The fun and goofiness is missing from this game and a little taste of that needs to return.

4 Likes

No. This is a T-rated game. No need for it.
If you want ultimates, be prepared for them to look like when you get hit out of ARIA’s skyscraper.

1 Like