Tusk's face

As I said in another thread…

Maybe they will use it in his retro costume, but in KI2, Tusk had these markings around his eyes and on his jaw:

Would’ve liked to see some markings or tattoo around his eyes in his main as well.

I actually don’t mind seeing a “work in progress”, knowing that the devs will indeed polish the model to look on par with the rest of the released characters. That way, the community can also give some constructive feedback which they can have in mind as they finish up the model.

Netherrealm Studios did the same with Tanya in Mortal Kombat X who started out looking like this:

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/full/public/2015/05/16/tanya-mkx.jpg

NRS clearly stated that Tanya’s model was NOT finished, and with the fans’ feedback they finished her up to look like this:

Some fans prefer the white eyes, some don’t - that’s more a question of taste, but her finished model was overall well-recieved amongst the fans.

It’s the same with KI. Sadira’s, Orchid’s and TJ’s faces were maybe the most noticable ones which underwent some changes based on fan-feedback, and that’s because the developers listen and value to the community’s voice - of course to some extend, as opinions are opinions and everyone has one, so they can of course not please them all.

Just as I thought, we now have to compare Tusk to Thor and Chris Hemsworth!

So, you said no one will complain eh??

this is just regular discussion about his face, I don’t see any Kim Wu levels of outcry here.

I knew they’d go the “Thor” route with him. We now have to compare Tusk to Chris Hemsworth/Thor rather than Arnie/Conan!

As I’ve been saying elsewhere, if they had called this character ‘Eric’ and said he’s a new character, I’d be fine with his face. In fact I’d be excited to see a cool new Viking character.
I don’t feel like Tusk should have been a Viking, but that alone isn’t the problem. When I look at this new face, I don’t see Tusk. Tusk had darker skin, dark eyes and a much younger face.
I hate myself for saying this, but maybe I would have been more satisfied with the Eskimo idea… At least then he might have looked somewhat recognizable.

With the face and skin we’ve seen, this is a completely different person who stole Tusk’s move-set and name. I’m unsatisfied about that.

All they have to do is make his face younger and give him his black/dark brown eyes. Slightly darker skin would be a plus.

IG, you can still save Tusk!

While I somewhat agree with you, I hope we’ll get him back via a mix of retro + accesories + alternate colors.

Do I feel like I’m watching the real Tusk? hard to say… While he is in full combo with all those swings, yes, that’s the real Tusk.

Outside of it… there’s glimpses of it. I think accessories and retro will be the do or die for me.

EDIT: Just like, for me, the stars and stripes shirt for TJ Combo makes his new design ok to me. Like, I can’t play him with other colors lol.

Oh certainly. The moveset is spot on Tusk… but with the wrong face, he’s an impostor.

If they could fix his nose and make him look like Fabio, he’d be perfect.

I’m sure he’ll have darker skin colors. I mean, it’s not like they are going to change just his cargo pants colors right?

I really hope so. I hope his eye colors change as well… And his face becomes younger.

I’m seriously really nervous. I did not expect Tusk’s face to be so incredibly wide of the mark.

His teaser had me really hyped because they got his body perfect. Seeing the wrong face on Tusk really deflated that hype. My only expectation was that he look somewhat young, like late 20s/early 30s. Such a simple change would have made all the difference.

1 Like

If they could fix his nose and make him youthful, he’d be perfect to me at least.

1 Like

Found this x’D

it scares me D: !!!

9 Likes

See, of all the characters, why is Tusk the only one who shows his utterly horrible looking teeth every time he talks?

First of all, this looks awful. I know it’s a preview, but it has me frightened.

Second, this is not Tusk. Wrong age, wrong eyes, wrong nose, VERY wrong mouth, and wrong skin color.

Stop calling this guy Tusk. It’s breaking my heart. Fix his face if you want him to be worthy of that name, IG.

3 Likes

From kan ra to Kim and tusk? ?

Thry they both need work … allot of work

2 Likes

Why is this 20 years older but better lol???

It’s got pure drama!

7 Likes

Show those horrible teeth tusk! He’s an immortal barbarian ffs. You though this guy brushes after every village he pillages? Whats the point of his teeth being so detailed if you don’t see it. bwahahahaha.

How can they fix what is not broken?

This is like yelling at someone who’s halfway through putting up a table to “fix” it. Its not broken and its not finished. People can disagree on the resigned though, that’s a diff matter.

Maybe people shouldn’t see the game and any unfinished product until everything is done. All you do is rag on the efforts of the team, If anything showing half finished stuff to the fanbase only serves to demoralize the devs.

:confused:

2 Likes

let me tell you, this face is even worst than Ken’s

2 Likes

Fus Ro DERP!

1 Like

Welp… Guess that explains why they made Tusk hide is face at the teaser for a reason :joy:

4 Likes